Black Folks

lrrr

Banned
3,037
12
Joined Nov 22, 2008
i know this belongs in the music forum but i just wanna give a to allthose that say hip-hop is dead.
 
18,299
1,006
Joined Apr 1, 2009
can't remember for the life of me where i saw this at.
but honestly hip hop is dead because this will not reach many ears like most of the stuff that should.
 
4,625
13
Joined Apr 1, 2009
That's a great example of WHY hip hop is dead.

Although he has a decent message (NY Oil much) he has no charisma, nothing special about his flow and no "style".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him. But when hip hop was at its peak it wasn't because everyone was rapping conscious themed songs. Nah. Itwas because cats were individual and unique with their style, flow and presence.

THIS cat on the other hand sounds like so many other rappers out today that it's sad. He really thinks he's doing something unique. He's not.

I could write a long list of rappers, *ahem* eMCees who weren't super conscious but killed with their style, flow and lyricism.

But I won't.
 
7,632
443
Joined Aug 2, 2008
Originally Posted by General Johnson

That's a great example of WHY hip hop is dead.

Although he has a decent message (NY Oil much) he has no charisma, nothing special about his flow and no "style".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him. But when hip hop was at its peak it wasn't because everyone was rapping conscious themed songs. Nah. It was because cats were individual and unique with their style, flow and presence.

THIS cat on the other hand sounds like so many other rappers out today that it's sad. He really thinks he's doing something unique. He's not.

I could write a long list of rappers, *ahem* eMCees who weren't super conscious but killed with their style, flow and lyricism.

But I won't.

DING DING DING We have a winner. Cosign
 
3,784
2,334
Joined Jul 22, 2003
I'm dead serious. When more than half the population doesn't care, it's a problem.

Tell me what I said that was outlandish.
 
18,622
1,165
Joined Sep 28, 2005
Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

I'm dead serious. When more than half the population doesn't care, it's a problem.

Tell me what I said that was outlandish.
Fast forward to nowadays. There's nothing in Black culture that says that you should send your kids to college or that drug dealers are bad for the community.

In fact, i'll go so far as to say that Black people would rather be seen as lazy criminals. They prefer it.

In all honesty, Black people in America would rather be poor and uneducated with nice sneakers than sacrifice anything for the greater good, and because of that fact, any time someone approaches the idea of Blacks changing the way they do things, it's deemed cliched rhetoric.

In short, Black people like to fail because it makes it really easy to feel sorry for one'sself at that point. Go to the hood, then go to the hood in any other country. People trying to get out everywhere, but for some reason Black people now think they have it way worse then they do.

Black parents: stop failing your children. You don't care about them and that is why you will always be at the bottom.
 

lrrr

Banned
3,037
12
Joined Nov 22, 2008
Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

Black people don't care about other Black people or the state of Blacks in general.

Can you blame them, though? Always playing the victim. They were in Africa fighting eachother, killing the all of the men of enemy tribes and taking their women. When the Dutch offered to take the strongest men of enemy tribes off their hands, there was an easy proposition. "Why not? I was going to kill him anyway. Might as well make some money off of this."

Then what happens? Dumb *%@ Black people actually get SUPRISED that they're being chained up along with their enemies. Now all of a sudden it's a problem.

Slavery is wrong, yes. But at the same time Black people enabled and agreed to the terms early in the game.

Fast forward to nowadays. There's nothing in Black culture that says that you should send your kids to college or that drug dealers are bad for the community.

In fact, i'll go so far as to say that Black people would rather be seen as lazy criminals. They prefer it.

In all honesty, Black people in America would rather be poor and uneducated with nice sneakers than sacrifice anything for the greater good, and because of that fact, any time someone approaches the idea of Blacks changing the way they do things, it's deemed cliched rhetoric.

In short, Black people like to fail because it makes it really easy to feel sorry for one'sself at that point. Go to the hood, then go to the hood in any other country. People trying to get out everywhere, but for some reason Black people now think they have it way worse then they do.

Black parents: stop failing your children. You don't care about them and that is why you will always be at the bottom.
you're the spokesperson for all black people?
 
15,368
4,740
Joined May 25, 2001
You knew it was coming, it was just a matter of who and when that left some suspense in the air.
 
224
10
Joined Jul 7, 2007
Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

Black people don't care about other Black people or the state of Blacks in general.

Can you blame them, though? Always playing the victim. They were in Africa fighting eachother, killing the all of the men of enemy tribes and taking their women. When the Dutch offered to take the strongest men of enemy tribes off their hands, there was an easy proposition. "Why not? I was going to kill him anyway. Might as well make some money off of this."

Then what happens? Dumb *%@ Black people actually get SUPRISED that they're being chained up along with their enemies. Now all of a sudden it's a problem.

Slavery is wrong, yes. But at the same time Black people enabled and agreed to the terms early in the game.

Fast forward to nowadays. There's nothing in Black culture that says that you should send your kids to college or that drug dealers are bad for the community.

In fact, i'll go so far as to say that Black people would rather be seen as lazy criminals. They prefer it.

In all honesty, Black people in America would rather be poor and uneducated with nice sneakers than sacrifice anything for the greater good, and because of that fact, any time someone approaches the idea of Blacks changing the way they do things, it's deemed cliched rhetoric.

In short, Black people like to fail because it makes it really easy to feel sorry for one'sself at that point. Go to the hood, then go to the hood in any other country. People trying to get out everywhere, but for some reason Black people now think they have it way worse then they do.

Black parents: stop failing your children. You don't care about them and that is why you will always be at the bottom.
Off yourself now!!
 

lrrr

Banned
3,037
12
Joined Nov 22, 2008
Originally Posted by sneekerluvr

Originally Posted by omgitswes

can't remember for the life of me where i saw this at.
but honestly hip hop is dead because this will not reach many ears like most of the stuff that should.
Let me help you homie http://niketalk.yuku.com/forums/16

at OP making the same thread twice
- 1 internets for you for linking to the forum instead of the second thread...i posted twice because i thought it was necessary.
 
1,791
1,692
Joined Apr 27, 2002
Originally Posted by General Johnson

That's a great example of WHY hip hop is dead.

Although he has a decent message (NY Oil much) he has no charisma, nothing special about his flow and no "style".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him. But when hip hop was at its peak it wasn't because everyone was rapping conscious themed songs. Nah. It was because cats were individual and unique with their style, flow and presence.

THIS cat on the other hand sounds like so many other rappers out today that it's sad. He really thinks he's doing something unique. He's not.

I could write a long list of rappers, *ahem* eMCees who weren't super conscious but killed with their style, flow and lyricism.

But I won't.


before this thread veers horribly off topic, i co-sign the above qoute...and to add, there was much more variation in general; everything now seems to be aboutwhat is the current trend so even in the rare case that someone does manage to be somewhat unique & make their own lane, by the time their album dropsthere are so many clones it gets played out to an extent...

Black people don't care about other Black people or the state of Blacks in general.

Can you blame them, though? Always playing the victim. They were in Africa fighting eachother, killing the all of the men of enemy tribes and taking their women. When the Dutch offered to take the strongest men of enemy tribes off their hands, there was an easy proposition. "Why not? I was going to kill him anyway. Might as well make some money off of this."

Then what happens? Dumb *%@ Black people actually get SUPRISED that they're being chained up along with their enemies. Now all of a sudden it's a problem.

Slavery is wrong, yes. But at the same time Black people enabled and agreed to the terms early in the game.

Fast forward to nowadays. There's nothing in Black culture that says that you should send your kids to college or that drug dealers are bad for the community.

In fact, i'll go so far as to say that Black people would rather be seen as lazy criminals. They prefer it.

In all honesty, Black people in America would rather be poor and uneducated with nice sneakers than sacrifice anything for the greater good, and because of that fact, any time someone approaches the idea of Blacks changing the way they do things, it's deemed cliched rhetoric.

In short, Black people like to fail because it makes it really easy to feel sorry for one'sself at that point. Go to the hood, then go to the hood in any other country. People trying to get out everywhere, but for some reason Black people now think they have it way worse then they do.

Black parents: stop failing your children. You don't care about them and that is why you will always be at the bottom



che? i'll humor your argument; have you given any thought as to why anyone would rather be seen as a "lazy criminal"? why anyone would want tobe" poor an uneducated with nice sneakers,"
would want to "fail" & feel sorry for one'sself ," does that make any type of sense to you? could there be some other reason(s) forminorities at the low end of class spectrum tend to stay there other than just black self-loathing?
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now