Black Friday & Holiday Deals 2017 Thread - November 24th

how much were the B7 OLED?

they look to be on the same price range and I think LGs OLED is still regarded higher, many say the picture quality is very similar to LGs higher end OLED, only thing missing is dolby

oled $1599 b7 open box certified $1487
oled 1699 c7 open box certified $1512

sony 900e is still at the black friday pric of $999

is that on a 55 or 65?

for $500+ difference, especially on a 55", I'd probably go with Sony and get it brand new in box than open

MVP MVP Nice black friday pick ups!

Ive been eyeing the TCL myself since I have yet to upgrade to a 4k HDR television.
As someone who watches a lot of sports, any insight on how the TCL handles motion for sports?

Same rules apply when you're talking about sports, you need a high refresh rate. A lot of the inexpensive 4K TV's are still 60MHz or the "true motion" gimmicks. 120MHz and up is what is needed.

MVP MVP Nice black friday pick ups!

Ive been eyeing the TCL myself since I have yet to upgrade to a 4k HDR television.
As someone who watches a lot of sports, any insight on how the TCL handles motion for sports?

I turn game mode on for all my inputs since they did an update that gives you the local dimming in game mode now. Gets rid of the soap opera effect but don't lose any of the other FALD and enhanced picture quality features.

how come you don't like the 900e ? everyone seems to love its price point and some say just as good as oled and better than samsungs fake oled /qled

I LOVE my X900E it is just that OLED tech & (image quality) is superior to the LED + Full Array backlight of the Sony.
The Sony X900E + Xbox One X puts a smile on face every time...FIFA 18,COD,Wolfenstein II,Forza 7 & Destiny 2 today in 4K,HDR :nthat::pimp::smokin8):wow:

here's more info on HDR10 vs. Dolby Vision - https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision

I turn game mode on for all my inputs since they did an update that gives you the local dimming in game mode now. Gets rid of the soap opera effect but don't lose any of the other FALD and enhanced picture quality features.

Thanks for the info. Looking to upgrade my whole set up, most likely going to pick up this TCL. May wait until super bowl weekend if there are deals to be had.

OLED is superior technology, not LCD is going to be on the same level, so if you can afford it that's always gonna be your best bet... Lol @ buying a Sony just because of the name... that means nothing. You know Sony's flagship TV is an OLED panel made by LG, right?

Also I hate 120hrz refresh rate... makes everything look fake, I've turned that feature off on every set I own since they started introducing the feature. Then again I don't watch sports or much "video, so outside of games, proper 24p is much more important to me than fake stutter smoothing.

Who's salty, and about What? I agree, there should be a general TV thread to help people pick the best one for their budget.

OLED is superior technology, not LCD is going to be on the same level, so if you can afford it that's always gonna be your best bet... Lol @ buying a Sony just because of the name... that means nothing. You know Sony's flagship TV is an OLED panel made by LG, right?

Also I hate 120hrz refresh rate... makes everything look fake, I've turned that feature off on every set I own since they started introducing the feature. Then again I don't watch sports or much "video, so outside of games, proper 24p is much more important to me than fake stutter smoothing.
so the sony 900e sucks and i should just fork up the extra $500-600 for the b7?

20171205_174937.jpg
20171205_174909.jpg

20171206_105739.jpg

went with the sony 900e and talk about grand opening grand closing .. this thing gave me the red ring of death not even 24 hours in smh

***** them out and see if they will give you a better deal on the OLED
they won't do that..

il just fork up the extra $500 and get the oled.. i seen they had 10 percent back if you get a best buy cc ..

was planning on returning.. the pictures were very dull and no POP.. also not as bright.. i played with so many calibrations and still not bright enough.. the blooming was also extremely noticeable

Still so happy I bought a TCL for the bedroom. That thing has such a gorgeous picture. got the 4k upgrade on Netflix. Digging it for sure.

Does the TCL do a good job at upscaling blu rays?
Thinking of getting this television for my room, but still rocking with the og PS4 for now haha.

Back
Top Bottom