Black Friday & Holiday Deals 2017 Thread - November 24th

20171205_174937.jpg
20171205_174909.jpg

20171206_105739.jpg

went with the sony 900e and talk about grand opening grand closing .. this thing gave me the red ring of death not even 24 hours in smh

haven't encountered this.
not a permanent brick? If not,unplug the power brick and plug it back in.
according to other owners,the brick is caused by scrolling quickly towards "Game Mode"

haven't encountered this.
not a permanent brick? If not,unplug the power brick and plug it back in.
according to other owners,the brick is caused by scrolling quickly towards "Game Mode"
so i can't even put this tv in game mode when i play ? main reason was for gaming

you can,just have to scroll towards Game Mode slowly.

did the tv turn back on/hard reset?

you should be good if you’re in Game Mode majority of the time.

been in Game Mode since Nov.17 not one brick yet :nerd:

Last edited:
Does the TCL do a good job at upscaling blu rays?
Thinking of getting this television for my room, but still rocking with the og PS4 for now haha.
I think blu-rays look good on the TCL. I have the 55c803 model and I'm very happy with it.

Is the software updated on the TV?

If so, can't you just exchange it for a new one? That seems like a buggy unit.
yeah android tv itself is already very laggy

i have until jan 15 to return so i might see what i can do with it..

anyone know if its safe to buy an open box item from best buy ? it says it's in excellet condition not certified

anyone know if its safe to buy an open box item from best buy ? it says it's in excellet condition not certified
I have experience buying an open-box item from Best Buy. Granted it wasn't a TV, but it was a first gen PS4. Everything was good except for the OG packaging and the paperwork.

Open box is ok, you get the standard manufacturer warranty and can still get ther extended warranty if you feel the need. I bought my 65 E6P open box for $2,400... marked down from $4,000 and listed at $2,700. They definitely can work with you on price with open box stuff.

Open box is ok, you get the standard manufacturer warranty and can still get ther extended warranty if you feel the need. I bought my 65 E6P open box for $2,400... marked down from $4,000 and listed at $2,700. They definitely can work with you on price with open box

how do you work with them what would you say?

They should at least do an extra 10% off the open box price, I told the guy I had one of those moving coupons or a 10% coupon that I know didn't apply to open box items but tell them they know they need the floor space and they will probably give it to you because they usually do (my first sales job was in home theater at Circuit City). Also check the price on the same item online but from different stores because the price will vary from store to store on the same item, make sure they match that price, regardless of condition.

They should at least do an extra 10% off the open box price, I told the guy I had one of those moving coupons or a 10% coupon that I know didn't apply to open box items but tell them they know they need the floor space and they will probably give it to you because they usually do (my first sales job was in home theater at Circuit City). Also check the price on the same item online but from different stores because the price will vary from store to store on the same item, make sure they match that price, regardless of condition.
best buy price matches other stores open box items ?

they gave me a 10 percent coupon for my next purchase .. should i just return the sony and then use the ten percent on the oled ?

supposedly the lg oled e7 is $1000 off at frys electronics making it $1499. slickdeals folks are 50/ 50 on it with some claiming it's true and others saying they got turned away. seems too good to be true

55 inch. Honestly there isn't much difference outside of Dolby VIsion (which IMO isn't as huge of a deal as people make it out to be) and the soundbar speaker at the bottom of the E series, that extra $ is better spent on a nice AVR and speakers IMO, I never even heard what this sound bar sounds like on my E6P.

55 inch. Honestly there isn't much difference outside of Dolby VIsion (which IMO isn't as huge of a deal as people make it out to be) and the soundbar speaker at the bottom of the E series, that extra $ is better spent on a nice AVR and speakers IMO, I never even heard what this sound bar sounds like on my E6P.

That's wild to me that a 55 in still retails for 2500 :lol:

Yeah... but it's the top of the line TV on the market right now... but it's def not worth the 1k premium over the B series.

Back
Top Bottom