Black Friday & Holiday Deals 2017 Thread - November 24th

So the consensus is that the TCL P series is the best 4K HDR budget TV right now? I'm not going to keep the Sharp. Think Target has a 55" LG 4K for around $150-$200 less.

No other cyber monday deals? Looks like I'll stick to Target to get my daughter some clothes.

This 55" Westinghouse Smart TV from Target on BF for $250 was a pretty solid deal, not a big gamer so just need it for Netflix and all that, bought an extra one to flip.

@mr j 858 what would you go with between the TCL P series vs the Vizio M Series? Both 55" HDR.

Vizio will be $594 total
TCL will be $664 total

Unless the Vizio has local dimming, get the P.

P Series might be the only TV under $1k that’s full array with Local dimming. Picture quality should be much better on the P.

Last edited:
Only copped Switch games/accessories this year that I otherwise wouldn't pay retail for

Black Friday
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 - $20
Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase - $15
Rayman Legends - $20
Mario + Rabbids - $30

Cyber Monday
Switch Pro Controller $60
Power Bank - $60

Wanted NBA 2K18 for $30, Disgaea 5 for $20, and Puyo Puyo Tetris for $25, but they sold out before I had a chance to cop

@mr j 858 what would you go with between the TCL P series vs the Vizio M Series? Both 55" HDR.

Vizio will be $594 total
TCL will be $664 total

Go with the P. I bought the Vizio M Series and ended up taking it back for a Samsung KS8000 earlier this year. Performance wasn't as good as I thought.

Last edited:
So the consensus is that the TCL P series is the best 4K HDR budget TV right now? I'm not going to keep the Sharp. Think Target has a 55" LG 4K for around $150-$200 less.
Yes, it is.

I picked up the 55C803 from Costco and it's the same exact TV to the P series, minus the local dimming zones.

Picture quality is legit and with 4k, HDR, and Dobly Vision ready, its a great deal. I would recommend it.

Bet I'll go and cop this week. Just ended up buying a XB1S bundle with BF1, Forza 7, & Horizon 3 from Dell for $230. I'll be official soon.

Last edited:

For 600 there is not a better 4k TV available that is better PQ than the TCL P series.
I have had it for a week now and cannot be more happy.
Looks great with the PS4 Pro and streaming 4k content.
Its only a 55 inch but that is more than enough for my bedroom.

I got the one from BB for 599.

i give it 2 thumbs up!!!

Personally think the Vizio M series is better than the TCL P. Also if you wanted a 65inch like me the TCL wasnt an option...

TCL is slightly better for hdr gaming (ps4 pro, xbox one x)

Vizio is slightly better for hdr movies, sports and cable

Both have the same Overall rating according to RTINGS

Personally think the Vizio M series is better than the TCL P. Also if you wanted a 65inch like me the TCL wasnt an option...

TCL is slightly better for hdr gaming (ps4 pro, xbox one x)

Vizio is slightly better for hdr movies, sports and cable

Both have the same Overall rating according to RTINGS

I looked long and hard at the M series but the killer for me is that it doesn't have a built in Tuner.
I have an antenna ran into out attic for the bedroom which is where the new TV went. Had the M series had that option i would have gone for it.

4ktv
Headphones
Chromecast
Controller

Resized_20171123_172952.jpg

Ended up getting the Sony XB950N1 from BB for $125 over the Studio 2s after watching and reading reviews.

Back
Top Bottom