Black guy hair cuts

How do you guys feel about having these trendy cuts with corporate jobs? :nerd:

I ask because I see White/Asian/Hispanic guys with office jobs with trendy hair styles like fades, parts, comb overs I.e. *The modern man thread*

So I ask should there be any concern for a guy of color with a trendy cut trying to get into the corpoate environment? Specifically like entry level or internship or whatever lol

How do you guys feel about having these trendy cuts with corporate jobs? :nerd:

I ask because I see White/Asian/Hispanic guys with office jobs with trendy hair styles like fades, parts, comb overs I.e. *The modern man thread*

So I ask should there be any concern for a guy of color with a trendy cut trying to get into the corpoate environment? Specifically like entry level or internship or whatever lol

I think no matter what, it HAS to be neat. Can you get away with an unkept fro in corporate America? It will be hard. Same goes for guys who have long hair (think Rocker) or dreads. It all depends on the company. The company that I work for probably frowns upon it; the reason why I can say that is because I've never seen a guy who didn't have a neat and kept hairstyle in my building, ever...white, black, Asian, Hispanic.

But I wouldn't consider a fade with a part trendy though, I've been rocking that hairstyle since I was in gradeschool and I'm 34 now. The combover hairstyle is just coming back around from way back in the day, Classic looks for all men are making their way back in the mainstream. I've always been an old soul and stuck with the classics, so I'm digging it.

You're right it's not necessarily "trendy" but the fade/curls/part style is def popular.

I was just deciding weather or not should I go back to my fade curls and part hair style but this summer I'm gonna be interviewed for an internship at a corporate office and I don't want that to be a detriment to my opportunity. My boy works there now and he got like a "modern man" hairstyle but he's pure spaniard tho

Unfortunately for us POC most of the time you have to tone it down at least to get through the interview. Once you get the job though, flourish.

SuburbanGuy is right... keep it neat and you should be good to go.  I've had a of hawk, curled-fo-hawk, south of france, and a fade with lines over the last 3-4 years all while working legit corporate gigs.  depends on your office environment as well.  

Are beards now an "In" thing in corporate? I think it's appropriate, just gotta keep it groomed.

A part and a comb over for other people is considered clean where I work (hotel), vs curls and a part which is "excessive". I've also noticed its always the female managers that hate facial hair vs male managers who are fine with it. I grew out my beard and curls all winter and one of the female managers couldn't stand it, but when confronted I just told her it was for religious reasons and she never brought it up again. Hopefully when j graduate I get a job that isn't as weak about hairstyles

Denzels fade in training day :pimp:

Denzels fade in training day :pimp:

So clean :pimp:

My curls took like 5-6 min max after a shower to fix when I had them.

I raise you one, with the Will Smith Bad Boys fade :smokin

I raise both of yall.

NasWillHaveToCoughUpAMillionOfHisCashToTheIRSAsAPartialPaymentOfWhatHeOwesDetailsInside.jpg

This has been my cut for the past year now. Waves + skin fade

I just wish i could get my part game on point like that

If my head didn't dry out soon much I would rock the nas fade but dandruff is a B and I was my hair a lot smh

Well had a last minute change of heart and cut my curls off and went back to a 2 with a taper. Feels weird after having longer hair for a while to go back low. Going to rock the tapers and fades for a little bit then may grow it back out into a mohawk for later in the summer. 

I just discovered I have a weird patch in my hair that doesn't seem to grow with the rest of the crew :frown: I hope this **** is temporary. It's near the back portion on top of my head.

I'm not Rasheed Wallace status and it is still black, maybe the size of a nickel. You think if I grow a fro or high top it'll just fade into Bolivia?

HALP

I just discovered I have a weird patch in my hair that doesn't seem to grow with the rest of the crew :frown: I hope this **** is temporary. It's near the back portion on top of my head.

I'm not Rasheed Wallace status and it is still black, maybe the size of a nickel. You think if I grow a fro or high top it'll just fade into Bolivia

HALP

Even though I'm in the military, I'm allowed to grow my beard out, and on my first deployment I noticed a patch was completely fell out of my beard around my chin, it lasted for like a month and half and then it started to slowly grow back. I don't think it is that much different from scalp hair, I was stationed with a cat who had this happen and they have him a shot right in his scalp and his hair grew back. I don't think yours is as extreme, so after about a month and some change you don't see some growth hit up the dermatologist Boss.

Even though I'm in the military, I'm allowed to grow my beard out, and on my first deployment I noticed a patch was completely fell out of my beard around my chin, it lasted for like a month and half and then it started to slowly grow back. I don't think it is that much different from scalp hair, I was stationed with a cat who had this happen and they have him a shot right in his scalp and his hair grew back. I don't think yours is as extreme, so after about a month and some change you don't see some growth hit up the dermatologist Boss.
dude, you probably just saved my hair from an even worse situation with the eventual stress that was to come from not knowing. At least for a month you did :lol:. Thanks for the swift reply.

I'm gonna get a fresh Caesar and start from scratch. Also no hats, just gonna let that bisch breathe.

I'm not Rasheed Wallace status and it is still black, maybe the size of a nickel. You think if I grow a fro or high top it'll just fade into Bolivia?

HALP
Gotta friend who used Castor Oil with coconut oil. It makes your hair darker too. Those biotin pills help too

I'm tryna get my hair like Isaiah Rashad's right now. I'm using the sponge twist method (if thats what you even call it) and I'm not sure if I just keep doing what I'm doing until it locks up or what. What products should I be getting and how should I be caring for my hair until I get the results? 

Isaiah has locks. All you have to do is ask your stylist to lock the top of your hair. After that's done, he or she will pin each lock upward and hot air dry your hair to keep it upright. I have that look, but my locks as getting too long so they fell down on my head and face.

For the people with a nudred? Is it worth it and does it eventually start to break off into your hair? Thinking about getting one because the brush I have now is starting to break off and it's annoying.

For the people with a nudred? Is it worth it and does it eventually start to break off into your hair? Thinking about getting one because the brush I have now is starting to break off and it's annoying.
I have one, but didn't use it much, because I eventually cut my hair..I guess it works better on your hair if it's really dry or nappy, but my hair is curly as hell so while it does work it takes longer to catch and twist..At least for me it does..My hair is long enough to use it again right now i just haven't..Oh and don't even bother buying the actual "nudred" like i did..Big waste of money...It's nothing more than a sponge with holes and you can easily cop one off of amazon or ebay for a much cheaper price and i'm sure it'll do the same exact thing...

Last edited:
I have a nudred and havent had any problems with.

Rocking a taper with the curls. I work in a corporate setting and I wanna throw a part in my hair but I feel like it may be too much

Im trying to keep the curly fro neat but I really wanna pull off the DeAndre Jordan, Justise Winslow cut once my hair gets long enough

Man my barber low key ****** me up man. I specifically wanted my hair to be long on the top and keep the sides faded. Even showed him a pic. It looks sloppy as hell. Doesn't eem look faded like in the pic. It looks like I got a ******* half a helmet on.

I grew my hair out for this ****? Wasted my time growing my hair out. I'm gonna go to another barber to see if he can salvage it.

Last edited:
Did you pay? :nerd:

Bout to go to my barber today and see if I can recapture this magic.

Gave myself that cut a year and change ago. I want the top and sides longer this time but with the beard below. No patience to do it myself this time.

Already tired of my hair touching my ears. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom