Black guy hair cuts

Been getting thin hairs toward the front. Not sure if they've always been there or if I'm noticing it because I'm developing waves and wolfing it all the time at the moment. Any tips to keep hair from getting shorter. My dad said no more hats for starters. I do plan to keep waves through the spring and then growing my hair back out to the afro taper fade. Just wanted to try waves forreal this time. I'm so far along. Advice?
20180218_212422.jpg

smh that's how my **** is starting to look..im 27 about to be 28 :frown:...im growing my hair out as well....i haven't had long hair since 6th grade

I've been seeing this trend. Barbers are trying to play catchup with salons. Next all of those services are gonna become mandatory. The wash and dry, along with the extra ****. $60 will become the norm in less than a decade.

Last edited:
Been rocking the s-curl a couple months. With the texture of my hair it’s hard to maintain.

I want to get my hair to this style of curl. Anyone have suggestions?

Attachments

• 50A0CCEF-04AF-45D5-9364-152DC03F862A.png
    50A0CCEF-04AF-45D5-9364-152DC03F862A.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Long shot, but anybody know any barbers in Paris? Going to be taking pictures with my wife there for our anniversary and going to be going on almost 2 weeks since we left the states so my joint is gonna be looking semi-rough if I don’t get a cut.

Long shot, but anybody know any barbers in Paris? Going to be taking pictures with my wife there for our anniversary and going to be going on almost 2 weeks since we left the states so my joint is gonna be looking semi-rough if I don’t get a cut.

I sent an email to my contact in UK who has business relationships throughout EU, so hopefully he knows of a good barber in Paris. I’ll keep you posted. What kind of cut do you usually get?

I sent an email to my contact in UK who has business relationships throughout EU, so hopefully he knows of a good barber in Paris. I’ll keep you posted. What kind of cut do you usually get?

Usually just a mid-bald fade and shape the beard up. Nothing crazy. I appreciate it fam

Did my own fade today.

I'm actually happy with the result. Used some cheap $20 clippers I had at the crib, going to cop some Wahl Designer's because I think I'm going to start doing my own cuts from here on out.

Still need to work on my straight razor line up skills tho

Finally ready to invest in a set of Clippers. I used to cut my own hair and maybe will try that again but right now I'm primarily concerned with keeping my beard neat and lining myself up between haircuts. Any suggestions?

Finally ready to invest in a set of Clippers. I used to cut my own hair and maybe will try that again but right now I'm primarily concerned with keeping my beard neat and lining myself up between haircuts. Any suggestions?

Depends how much you want to spend, whether you want corded or cordless, and which guard system you’re most familiar with. I’ve always been a Wahl clipper guy, so I’ve got the cordless Magic Clips and cordless Designers. Both are great, but not cheap at around $80. My favorite cordless trimmer is the Andis Slimline Pro, but the Wahl Retro T-cut is a close second. If you prefer corded or want to save a few bucks, there’s a clipper/trimmer combo of Wahl Legend and Hero that I’ve seen on Amazon pretty cheap in the past.

Depends how much you want to spend, whether you want corded or cordless, and which guard system you’re most familiar with. I’ve always been a Wahl clipper guy, so I’ve got the cordless Magic Clips and cordless Designers. Both are great, but not cheap at around $80. My favorite cordless trimmer is the Andis Slimline Pro, but the Wahl Retro T-cut is a close second. If you prefer corded or want to save a few bucks, there’s a clipper/trimmer combo of Wahl Legend and Hero that I’ve seen on Amazon pretty cheap in the past.
80$ for both or each?

$60 for a cut is wild, those hipster shops around here charge that for a shave, face mask and all that ****.

I copped these the other week because those super cheap joints I had broke :lol:
https://home.wahl.com/products/lithium-ion-pro-79600-3301

I want to cop the cordless Seniors next tho, probably after I get super nice with the fade

The trimmer is trash, but I actually like the clippers a lot. T outliners are the GOAT. I might cop the bevel trimmer tho, I really like having no cords now.

I wasn't even hip to it but they make wireless T outliners now :wow:
But I still kind of want the Bevel joints more

Going back to the Taper edge while letting my hair grow out. Might consider mini twists or dreads if my hair can grow long enough.

I copped these the other week because those super cheap joints I had broke :lol:
https://home.wahl.com/products/lithium-ion-pro-79600-3301

I want to cop the cordless Seniors next tho, probably after I get super nice with the fade

The trimmer is trash, but I actually like the clippers a lot. T outliners are the GOAT. I might cop the bevel trimmer tho, I really like having no cords now.

I wasn't even hip to it but they make wireless T outliners now :wow:
But I still kind of want the Bevel joints more

Just ordered the cordless Seniors and cordless T-outliners today! Atlantabarber.com has great prices on both, considering how expensive they are at retail.

BTW, those clippers you bought aren’t bad at all. For that price, I would have opted for cordless Designers, but still decent considering you also got a (meh) trimmer.

Back
Top Bottom