Black guy hair cuts

How does it work on the waves side of things?

currently growing dreads man smh its going to be a while. no matter how perfectly picked my bush is dudes always trying to flame
mean.gif

i miss my waves

Im sure theres probably a 360's thread but can i get some input from my kinfolk on how to get those

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There is one, so I'd recommend you check it out:

http://niketalk.com/t/164323/official-360-waves-thread-vol-spring-season-owwwwwwwwwwwwww

My advice as someone who has them would just be to learn proper brushing technique as fast as possible. From there it's just about brushing, use gels that help the process, and wolfing to deepen them. Here's a quick run down of how I did it:

1. Buy a medium brush.

2. Brush from the center of your head to the edge repeatedly when you're in the shower. (ex. for the front of your head, brush from your crown to your hair line. For your sides, brush from your crown to where the hair near your ear ends. Back would be from the crown to where your hair meets the back of your neck.)
I'd say to start off doing 50 brush strokes on each side. You should see results quickly like that.

3. Don't get a hair cut for at least a month. Your hair needs to grow into this pattern.

4. After a few weeks it wouldn't hurt to use a gel to hold your hair down. I use:

softee_olive_hair_conditioner.jpg

5. Get a hair cut after about a month, and repeat this same cycle two more times or as needed to get your hair where you want it.. Add an extra week or two to your wolfing time on these cycles. From week 3 forward this time, start using a small comb to comb your hair in the same way you brush your waves. Only 2-3 strokes on each section, paying extra attention to the spots not connecting.

6. You should soon be spinning and just have to brush to maintain them pretty much.

Last edited:

I'm thinking about getting my hair like this

This is what my hair looks like now

What products would be ideal?

Last edited:
^ yea it is weird lookin

I need to try some new cuts tho

The shawtys are lovin the fade but I want to try some other stuff

Im thinkin a taper

The fact that I had to just sit through a corny *** 15 second video to see what your hair looks like :stoneface:

The fact you still never really gave a good look at where your hair is :stoneface:

Like I said earlier, I don't know if son's cut looks so dope because of his hair texture or if he did something for it to look like that. Otherwise, it's a slightly grown out high-top with the sides faded and the back faded into a Mohawk end. From there you just comb the front out forward a little. I'd say that you should be able to do it in like a month. Wouldn't hurt to bring that picture in to help depict how you want the back done.

In middle school I had the natural jerri curl and put World of Curls in it. In HS i used to rock that Ginuwine fade/curl and I used to use LETS JAM! in it, but thats when the greasy wet curl look was poppin. I havent rocked my curly hair since all these new technologies have been invented im intrigued by some of these curl "puddings" or whatever the ****...I might have to let my hair grow for 3 weeks or so to see what up.

i literally just got a fade for the first time since i was 5. im 22 now and i might be rocking this look for a little bit. My cut is just like the guy in the picture but my beard isnt as deep

I've always wanted something different but have never seen any other hairstyles I've liked. I'll just keep it short and then shave it all off when I'm not so frail looking

been doing this for a minute now

headed to my barber now

i go every wednesday

Been rockin this for a few months. Sometimes I go a lil closer on the sides. Looks good blended into the beard

Back
Top Bottom