Black guy hair cuts

In 3-4 months, it should be atleast be that length. If not, continue to wash your hair regularly and Oil your hair Weekly (you can use some Growth Oil but regular African/Tea Tree Oils do just as good; easy to find in any Walgreens/CVS, etc). You can do the Hot Oil Treatment if you want, but really you just want to Oil them Roots, bro bro. 

Treat your Wig like you would treat a Flower Bed... if you want that joint to grow, you gotta feed it right & not touch it. If you're getting it evened/trimmed and all that... DON'T & just Let It Grow.

You may look bummy for a month maybe, but that's the best time to start getting your curl right... BEFORE the Cut comes. (curling butters, anything natural we listed in these last 5 pages) In the meantime, you can get a line-up to stay presentable, but that's it. 

Trust me, when you finally get it clipped up, your cut is gonna be on a 1000, bruh. 
pimp.gif

hemp oil and/or carrot oil helps hair grow faster and it also strengthens hair as well... and tbh also chiefing works to....... ijs

Am I the only one who feels like I get a better haircut during the weekdays. It seems like when you go in on the weekend, the barber is swamped with customers that quality takes a hit...

Am I the only one who feels like I get a better haircut during the weekdays. It seems like when you go in on the weekend, the barber is swamped with customers that quality takes a hit...
I never really thought about it like this, but when I reflect, some of the best cuts I've had, has been in the Afternoon on a Weekday when I'm about to leave town for something...

I've been with my Barber for like 11 yrs now and he's cool 95% of the time, but I notice quality takes a hit most, when he's booked up w/ mad customers and Most Notably WHEN THE OTHER BARBERS KEEP TALKING TO HIM & TRY TO BE COMEDIANS THE WHOLE TIME, BECAUSE THEY'RE WEAK & DON'T HAVE ANY CUSTOMERS OF THEIR OWN. 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Those Bums Piss Me Off, bruh. Always just sitting in their own barber chair or taking an hour & forever on their own client, but steady talking & cracking jokes the whole time.

When my Barber concentrates and has no distractions... he's at his Coldest. I gotta stop going on Fridays/Saturdays and figure out another schedule...
mean.gif

En route to the shop now...:pimp:

Hoping to be at the Rook/Audi level by late July, early August.

That is, if my barber decides to listen today :lol: he's been money as of late tho.

My old barber left the shop two weeks ago and I got a haircut from someone else in there on Monday. Absolutely hate it and now IDK what I'm going to do. I cant go through this barber hunt again, this would be the fourth time in like two years :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I wanna give cutting my own hair a fair shot again but honestly have no real idea where to start.

What is this haircut called? I'm thinking about getting my hair like it is in the last picture. Also how can I get elonged curls like the picture above and what styling technique should I use

Last edited:

What is this haircut called? I'm thinking about getting my hair like it is in the last picture. Also how can I get elonged curls like the picture above and what styling technique should I use
for the curls you wanna make sure you grow your hair out and wash it. i used head and shoulders - it kept it soft. After washing I put in Duke's curl command. let it dry and the curls came in.

he just has a taper lol some of these questions lol......

where are you guys from?

make sure you have enough hair if you want that look, very simple

he just has a taper lol some of these questions lol......

where are you guys from?

make sure you have enough hair if you want that look, very simple
LOLOL!  I was about to say the Same Thing... these Cuts are Nothing Futuristic OR New Under the Sun. Taper All-Around and the rest is up to personal preference.

Bottom line.... Grow Your Hair Out and the possibilities become endless with what you can do with it.

PRO TIP:  Don't tell your Barber you want a Specific Cut w/ some Signature Name... Direct Him from the beginning on exactly what you want on top, sides, back, length-wise & fade-wise and you'll never be disappointed.

Does anyone here line up their hair with a straight razor?
Like personally? Or from the Barber?

I've gotten it done by my Barber on special occasion, but don't trust doing it on my own.

I do, however, use an Eyebrow Sharpener from time to time. Kind of has the same effect, just alot less dangerous if you're using it on your own.

My old barber left the shop two weeks ago and I got a haircut from someone else in there on Monday. Absolutely hate it and now IDK what I'm going to do. I cant go through this barber hunt again, this would be the fourth time in like two years
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

I wanna give cutting my own hair a fair shot again but honestly have no real idea where to start.
Been there and done that
mean.gif
. The trial and error process of finding a new barber sucks. Luckily I've had the same barber since 2011. He isnt perfect but he is better than most. Finding a black barber in my city is hard, finding a good black barber is even harder. I predominantly cut my own hair now, but every few months I go pay him a visit to get that it cut properly. If he left 
embarassed.gif

all you cats looking to grow your hair out. make sure you're grabbing sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
it's a rookie mistake lol.

and step your co-wash game up and shampoo game down.
leave in conditioner x moisturizer combo.

last cut was august, got a shape up in january.

Last edited:
all you cats looking to grow your hair out. make sure you're grabbing sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
it's a rookie mistake lol.

and step your co-wash game up and shampoo game down.
leave in conditioner x moisturizer combo.

last cut was august, got a shape up in january.
what products u use?

Back
Top Bottom