Black guy hair cuts

Hey Fellas,

Barber cut me pretty badly with a straight on my chin; needless to say, I was heated. But does anyone habve any insight as to whether or not straight razor cuts leave scars? It was a plenty clean cut, so I'm hoping not. Any insight is appreciated

Peroxide, then a triple antibiotic cream to clean the cut. If you're light skin like me anything can leave a mark so a dab of lime juice on the spot 2-3 times a day for 10 mins, rinse then follow up with some cocoa butter. Should be gone in a week or two.

Hey Fellas,

Barber cut me pretty badly with a straight on my chin; needless to say, I was heated. But does anyone habve any insight as to whether or not straight razor cuts leave scars? It was a plenty clean cut, so I'm hoping not. Any insight is appreciated
use palmer skin sucess fade cream

has coco butter and a skin lighter too heal and fade away the mark

btw any barber doing that to me will get a foot in his ***

Last edited:
Peroxide, then a triple antibiotic cream to clean the cut. If you're light skin like me anything can leave a mark so a dab of lime juice on the spot 2-3 times a day for 10 mins, rinse then follow up with some cocoa butter. Should be gone in a week or two.

use palmer skin sucess fade cream

has coco butter and a skin lighter too heal and fade away the mark

btw any barber doing that to me will get a foot in his ***
yeah, I'm incredibly light skin, so marks are left pretty easily. I'll try the lime juice and pick up some of the fade cream. I didn't know how bad it was until I left the shop. . .ol' dude definitely wouldn't have gotten paid if I would've noticed it before. Crazy thing is, I usually don't let anyone touch my face with a straight razor, but I was distracted by a girl on the beauty shop side of the shop!

I was thinking the same thing!!
laugh.gif

Check out the website. The company was made by a black guy with products and razors specifically aimed for black guys. I've never tried the stuff, but I'm definitely interested.

The Verge did an article on those clippers this morning. That's how I found it.
This dude Taxstone has them as a sponsor. My ***** *** cousin stole my razor so honestly I may bite the bullet and cop one of these joints.

Edit: Nah nvm that razor is for people with grown man money, I'm good with my Wahls for now or until I get a raise lol

Last edited:

thanks

been doing that on off to get the weeknd/cole congos going, 

been impatient with the dread congos not sticking together fast enough and taking them out

the beeswax makes them stick?

i got like a j cole temp fade now, before he really got long dreads
People called me Weeknd and J Cole for over a year.

I ain't do none of that. Most I ever did was the sponge but I said **** that after a while because I got tired of cleaning the sponge. I used Shea butter when I went out, and then dropped to using it occasionally, but only when I wanted to style my hair (early stages). Eventually I only ever used Shea butter if I wanted to smell nice cuz that **** smells amazing imo. Never more than like a dime sized drop and rubbed on the sides.

I think what made my hair grow upwards was a thin headband I used when I was biking because I liked the way it looked and i stopped my hair from going to my face. I kinda regret it because the Weeknd hair vibes were too strong but I didn't know that was going to happen.

Be patient. Just twist your hair with your fingers.

People called me Weeknd and J Cole for over a year.

I ain't do none of that. Most I ever did was the sponge but I said **** that after a while because I got tired of cleaning the sponge. I used Shea butter when I went out, and then dropped to using it occasionally, but only when I wanted to style my hair (early stages). Eventually I only ever used Shea butter if I wanted to smell nice cuz that **** smells amazing imo. Never more than like a dime sized drop and rubbed on the sides.

I think what made my hair grow upwards was a thin headband I used when I was biking because I liked the way it looked and i stopped my hair from going to my face. I kinda regret it because the Weeknd hair vibes were too strong but I didn't know that was going to happen.

Be patient. Just twist your hair with your fingers.

the raw yellow shea butter? or something else

Just got out the shower and anybody know how I can maintain my hair to look like this throughout the day without any gel?
wet hair, curl activation lotion mixed with a little gel. Just might have to rehydrate every 2 3 hours to keep it bouncy... just a handful of water and splash it around...I'm growing mine now

Just got the word from a biopsy done to the back of my scalp...

PERMANENT

It's only noticeable at certain lengths, but not when it's real short or if I dare grow it out.

Just snapped this in the car

Actually looks worse with slightly less hair, so I'm not too distraught right now.
And we start injections next month to preserve the rest of the hair. Pray for me folks.

So I just cut my fro off and I'm planning on rocking a close cut for 2017. I was looking at the Bevel trimmers but realized they were $200. Can anyone recommend me a cheaper alternative? I'm mostly gonna be just keeping my hair close and maybe some tapering on the sides and back

anyone know of a good barber in dc..preferably in the city..my barber moved to forestville I stay in NW DC..i really dnt want to make that trip lol

So I just cut my fro off and I'm planning on rocking a close cut for 2017. I was looking at the Bevel trimmers but realized they were $200. Can anyone recommend me a cheaper alternative? I'm mostly gonna be just keeping my hair close and maybe some tapering on the sides and back

Andis T-outliners are like $45

ATL folk I'm thinking of changing my barber. Need someone who edges with a razor/ does a good job on beards. I live in the midtown. Fair price as well. Thanks..

How important is cordless? Oh, and if you're planning on tapering you'll want clippers too. Clippers for cutting and tapering, trimmers for edging/lining.

Last edited:
Gotta learn how to cut my own hair soon.

Barber charging $20 a cut now. Disrespectful *** dude told me while I was in the chair getting a cut. Talking about "I write my prices on my mirror" like I pay attention to that smeared *** mirror ever.

I'm so tired of this ****. Charging $20 just so they can buy variant *** D'usse, trash *** NFL/NBA fitteds and eat takeout every day.

Broke ******* then they wonder why they only have $27 on their Rush card.

Man who y'all recommend as far as YT channels on cutting your own hair?

Gotta learn how to cut my own hair soon.

Barber charging $20 a cut now. Disrespectful *** dude told me while I was in the chair getting a cut. Talking about "I write my prices on my mirror" like I pay attention to that smeared *** mirror ever.

I'm so tired of this ****. Charging $20 just so they can buy variant *** D'usse, trash *** NFL/NBA fitteds and eat takeout every day.

Broke ******* then they wonder why they only have $27 on their Rush card.

Man who y'all recommend as far as YT channels on cutting your own hair?

Have you ever cut hair before? Depending on your level of acceptance for looking like an idiot or shaving your head WHEN you do a bad job the first dozen times or so, I'd say find a little brother/cousin/son who doesn't know any better who you can practice on until you get the hang of learning the clipper basics. Best YouTube barbers are Chris Bossio, VickTheBarber, Ricardo The Barber, Chuka Torres, 360Jeezy... man, there's a lot!

$20 aint even that bad lol. Last time I got a cut I was paying $15 + $3 tip. This was 9-10 years ago. Dudes now paying $30, scheduling appointments and retweeting pics for a discount.

Back
Top Bottom