Black In America 2

That Principal Perry guy actually has a good system going.

"Because it has to be done"

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

i meant his looks but he's def. inspiring also...

smh
smh.gif
laugh.gif

co-sign ol boy tho. These success stories are great, but nobody wants to shed light on what truly needs to seen/talked about....

I didn't care for the last one. I thought it was far too stereotype driven, and they even talked about it some then continued to do it. Like they previewedthe black money in America and I'm thinking it's going to be about doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc., like the lesser talked about subsection ofblack people, but it's about rappers and ball players

It is sad when MTV True Life does a better view of being Black in America than CNN.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

i meant his looks but he's def. inspiring also...

smh
smh.gif
laugh.gif

co-sign ol boy tho. These success stories are great, but nobody wants to shed light on what truly needs to seen/talked about....

which is?

man, kid rolling in dough...dad was co-owner of the Nuggets and stuff....and im here on NT

*gets up and attempts to get a job*

*comes back after repetitive failure and logs-on to NT*

Anyone on NT ever go to the tuxedo ball?

I'm not a member of Jack & Jill but have been invited several times, don't think i'll go though.

This one is a little bit better than the first but IMO they still don't address the issues within the black community, the "crabs in a bucket"mentality that most of us have stemming way back to slavery.

It seems its just the same stories with different characters.

And as someone said above me, people are going to sit down watch this and think they know black people.

Originally Posted by blazersfan

Originally Posted by GTEK

It is sad when MTV True Life does a better view of being Black in America than CNN.
smh.gif

when did this happen...

i wanna see NT's opinion of Tyler Perry tomorrow...dudes that hate him the most probably won't even watch...

smh.gif

when did this happen...

i wanna see NT's opinion of Tyler Perry tomorrow...dudes that hate him the most probably won't even watch...

i dont understand how they can use Steve Harvey *who is a comedian* and Tyler Perry *a man who makes movies appealing almost strictly to blacks* as credibleresources. Asking these two on there .02 makes no sense.

smh.gif

when did this happen...

I hate that +%!%$. And I'll be watching

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

smh.gif

when did this happen...

i dont understand how they can use Steve Harvey *who is a comedian* and Tyler Perry *a man who makes movies appealing almost strictly to blacks* as credible resources. Asking these two on there .02 makes no sense.

huh?

credible resources for what? everyone has a story/experience to share regardless of what they do...i'm not sure what you're getting at...

smh.gif

when did this happen...

i dont understand how they can use Steve Harvey *who is a comedian* and Tyler Perry *a man who makes movies appealing almost strictly to blacks* as credible resources. Asking these two on there .02 makes no sense.

huh?

credible resources for what? everyone has a story/experience to share regardless of what they do...i'm not sure what you're getting at...
i just feel they could have grabbed some better people to represent Black people then Tyler Perry and Steve Harvey....thats all imsaying...wouldnt ya'll agree?

they had poor kids...affluent kids...principal...woman in corporate american...and now entertainers...

to me its seems they are doing decent...

they had poor kids...affluent kids...principal...woman in corporate american...and now entertainers...

grin.gif
ok...guess we will just have to wait and see

smh.gif

when did this happen...

huh?

I would expect BET to use celebrities and such, but CNN? We know Tyler Pery went from homeless to rich, but thats a case that wont happen to mostpeople in poverty, and they know it. I would like to see CNN show why there are more blacks in poverty, why there are more blacks in jail for petty"charges",harrasments from cops ( recently the professor from Harvard), and etc.

Right now this is looking like a BET segment.

Originally Posted by The Varsity

I'm only watchin' to see Soledad. She be gettin' my joint medium...

This comment was extra funny!!!

This is how my family will look 24/7, we'll be the greatest family alive.

grin.gif
ok...guess we will just have to wait and see

I'm not calling you fam but it seems like nothing is good enough for some black people. BET, BET awards, TVone, CNN-black in america. I bet if somebodyreally went in and dug up all the problems and dirt of the black community then yall would be saying "Why they can't show nothing positive?" Isa no-win with some of ya'll. I agree I don't wanna hear Tyler Perry's story AGAIN. but they doing a decent job.

Last time was good when they followed the one dude around thru job interviews and seen the process of getting a job.

Back
Top Bottom