Black In America 2

So essentially, what dude is getting at is that someone like Tyler Perry isn't black enough for black in america? I mean come the #$%% on, someone better?Get off of your high horse. Dude is a black man with a story to tell and because, or so it seems, he's came into money... CNN could've picked someonebetter?

Where I'm from, a man (a Black one at that) isn't defined or measured by the struggles he endured, but rather how they overcame them. Dudes on NT arerigoddamndiculous.

But Perry is from the entertainment sector. All blacks with money are known from being in entertainment. They could have gotten someone from Wall Street or anentrepreneur but they went the easy route.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

But Perry is from the entertainment sector. All blacks with money are known from being in entertainment. They could have gotten someone from Wall Street or an entrepreneur but they went the easy route.
Exactly.
smh.gif

I would have loved to seen Chirs Gardner or Charles Boden.

9 times out 10 nobody on NT even knows who these people are.

Lazy B, did you watch tonight's special. There was a girl who was an engineer, but gave up a secure job that pays $77K just to try her hand in the businessworld. How's that taking the easy route?

I mean, there's no pleasing NT. The kid who came from an affluent background of prominent African Americans got called out because he's too snooty...But Tyler Perry gets called out because he came from nothing to something?

Really?

Originally Posted by iBlink

I may be wrong, but I think that was directed towards me, GTEK.
Are you african-american?
Are you arguing that african-americans will never be pleased with the image the media gives them?

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by blazersfan

Originally Posted by GTEK

It is sad when MTV True Life does a better view of being Black in America than CNN.
smh.gif

when did this happen...

i wanna see NT's opinion of Tyler Perry tomorrow...dudes that hate him the most probably won't even watch...

i dont understand how they can use Steve Harvey *who is a comedian* and Tyler Perry *a man who makes movies appealing almost strictly to blacks* as credible resources. Asking these two on there .02 makes no sense.

huh?

credible resources for what? everyone has a story/experience to share regardless of what they do...i'm not sure what you're getting at...
i just feel they could have grabbed some better people to represent Black people then Tyler Perry and Steve Harvey....thats all im saying...wouldnt ya'll agree?
so a special about successful black people shouldnt talk to a man how has made himself a half a billion dollars the legit and legal way? tylerperry and steve harvey are better than flavor flav and $$*%%%@ mike vick...

My dad's African american so I'm indeed black.

I'm arguing that NT'ers, and much of society for that matter, is never satisfied. Read my responses to the dudes in this thread.

mechanical engineering is
pimp.gif
I could never do all that math to rarely manually do the calculations though

2wqzspf.jpg

So this is who is hosting it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I hate her Auntie Tom $@#.
The piece on Perry was well done. I could care less about obesity though. Lets get the kids to learn how to spell obesity first.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

they had poor kids...affluent kids...principal...woman in corporate american...and now entertainers...

to me its seems they are doing decent...
grin.gif
ok...guess we will just have to wait and see

I'm not calling you fam but it seems like nothing is good enough for some black people. BET, BET awards, TVone, CNN-black in america. I bet if somebody really went in and dug up all the problems and dirt of the black community then yall would be saying "Why they can't show nothing positive?" Is a no-win with some of ya'll. I agree I don't wanna hear Tyler Perry's story AGAIN. but they doing a decent job.

Last time was good when they followed the one dude around thru job interviews and seen the process of getting a job.

mostly agree, except the part about BET, it is pure trash.

Back
Top Bottom