roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
man japanese tv is a riot

Originally Posted by soflyjedi

it isnt only blk influence in japan... it is simple JAPANESE HAVE SWAG!!! period... i am currently out here in japan coming straight from brooklyn,ny i love it an do not want to leave!! that news clip was a lil extra, it was more to get notoriety for them i guess as well as any other news broadcast, i was thinking about doing a documentary out here but i didnt want them to feel like im exposing them or anything, but japan is awesome, their style is unique, they're bold with their fashion, they listen to all forms of music, not just hiphop! of course if you go into a clothing store you'll here some upbeat music to keep you just in the shoppng mood but if u go to a book store for instance you'll hear some smooth jazz playing by ely bruna or something else rathr unique... i've seen the individuals not only tan but DARKSKIN literally bleaching there whole skin permanently not just tanning, and thats more of a rebellion thing... for girls who wanna be rich and white, there saying the opposite, fashion is dope, style is dope, food is amazing... after seeing this newsclip i really wanna shoot some stuff with my iphone4s and put together a documentary... if you wanna see some pics follow me on instagram @kingchiching
just peeped your instagram you got some nice pics of some exotic places....mind me asking why youve been out n asia?

heres the thing hip hop, rock, funk, blues, pop, reagge is black culture, just because now a days u got people who arent black doin it doesnt mean its not black, because alot of pop culture has its roots in black culture, lets get that straight an not try to downplay the foundation. Now as a black man growin up in the central district (valleyhood) ive been exposed to all types of black culture all my life like music, dance, an art and now i just celebrated my 2 year marriage aniversery wit my wife aki, a woman who was born an raised in the mountains of japan on a farm, an let me tell you they love us over there. Why? because we are not the norm, japan is havin itself a little revolution in the sense that the norm isnt good enough anymore, so theyve found other ways of expressing themselves an one of them is BLACKSTYLE or BK which roughly translates to black culture, that means not just hip hop but also reagge, danchall, b-boy, poppers , lockers, african dance, samba, capoeira, fashion, all rooted in black culture, and you know what, they respect it and us so its not just copying to them ist more than that, its a lifestyle and i aint mad at it cause when i went there to visit the in laws i was treated based on my character an not my color like other countrys might do, thats probably also why i saw alot of black men over there cause its the closest thing to freedom as you can get as a person of color an if theres any negetive interpretation of african americans like in that video then it doesnt come from japan it comes from what they see of how OTHER countrys view us but its a great country to be in an i might live there soon an for good reason.

The end of the video: "BLACK LIFESTYLE!!!........ BLACK LIFESTYLE!!!"
roll.gif

America and Japan influence each other often. I think it's really dope, and a lot of good stuff comes from it. I didnt find the two girls in the video attractive, but whatever. Japanese people and culture are cool with me. From the food, to the video games, to the girls.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

black influence in japan? i guess, but there is black influence pretty much everywhere...having not really spent a really extended period of time in japan, maybe i just wasn't there long enough to really experience this "black influence," i think the thing i experienced most there (i was in tokyo) was a sort of fetishization (no disrespect to anyone from japanese just my, albeit naive, opinion in my limited time there) of culture(s).

everyone/everything there appeared to be very sincere, but it definitely was not isolated to just "black influence." japan is still, a pretty closed/isolated place...

its a great country with alot to offer its just that nobody really knows much about the joint, i mean they have one of the largest reagge/hip-hop festivals in the world every year in yokahama, i highly suggest yall visit the country, especially people of color.

Originally Posted by j1mmych0o

an entire genre of music shouldnt be associated with an entire race.
30t6p3b.gif
So what white people in hip hop should they look into or any other race for that matter?

Originally Posted by bobmakihara

heres the thing hip hop, rock, funk, blues, pop, reagge is black culture, just because now a days u got people who arent black doin it doesnt mean its not black, because alot of pop culture has its roots in black culture, lets get that straight an not try to downplay the foundation. Now as a black man growin up in the central district (valleyhood) ive been exposed to all types of black culture all my life like music, dance, an art and now i just celebrated my 2 year marriage aniversery wit my wife aki, a woman who was born an raised in the mountains of japan on a farm, an let me tell you they love us over there. Why? because we are not the norm, japan is havin itself a little revolution in the sense that the norm isnt good enough anymore, so theyve found other ways of expressing themselves an one of them is BLACKSTYLE or BK which roughly translates to black culture, that means not just hip hop but also reagge, danchall, b-boy, poppers , lockers, african dance, samba, capoeira, fashion, all rooted in black culture, and you know what, they respect it and us so its not just copying to them ist more than that, its a lifestyle and i aint mad at it cause when i went there to visit the in laws i was treated based on my character an not my color like other countrys might do, thats probably also why i saw alot of black men over there cause its the closest thing to freedom as you can get as a person of color an if theres any negetive interpretation of african americans like in that video then it doesnt come from japan it comes from what they see of how OTHER countrys view us but its a great country to be in an i might live there soon an for good reason.

Pretty much cosign. i have notice that more ppl of the mongoloid aree more accepting of ppl of color over there then they are here in the states, would you agree. I will say tho imho over there it seems like ppl of color are moreso adored and liked because it is seen as taboo and like a guilty sin. It also seems as if the younger generation sees ppl of color and the heritage and culture as a means or a tool of rebellion, a way to express themselves and seperate themselves from the norm. A form of liberation. kinda how the whole hippy woodstock movement was here in the states.

Im just wondering when these young adults and teens exit this whole stage or phase in their lives how will their views and opinions about ppl of color change? If at all or will it remain the same?

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Everybody wanna be a (brotha) but don't nobody wanna BE a (brotha)...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have a jamaican background and you would be AMAZED at how big reggae and dancehall is out there. 

Oh yeah, OP just opened a massive can of worms too.
speaks truth.... i was out there for a year and the reggae culture is crazy out there....
shorties was perming their hair, dudes was dancing like they were in a elephant man or sean paul video and they just seem to be having a good time...

i miss okinawa
frown.gif

the largest of blackstyle groups are exile, da pump, j soul brothers, and theyve been around for decades, and we are adored but its not seen as a sin or guilty pleasure cause everyone from 6 to 60 like you and i was in the mountains of japan, you cant get more rural and isolated than that, if your being stared at its because its a pleasnt surprise than thinkin "oh wats this kokujin doin here" its fascination not fear. And it is a tool or rebellion but so is alot of black culture like hip-hop, capoeira, candomble, blues so i see no problem there and they appreciate it from wat ive seen, their reallity isnt our reality, their history isnt our history so their goin about our culture differently and their oppinion on us isnt so negitive at all, 98 percent of the population is japanese 1 percent is other asians and the rest are other countrys so their oppinion cant come from personal experience an if it is negitive it only comes from media outlets outside of their country like america, an i think we can all agree that people of color arnt portraid accuratly in the media, like i said its a country where they base you on your character NOT your color.

Saw this video a couple months ago but couldn't post it due to being banned.

Really wouldn't mind hitting Japan though.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

like this darkskin "black gal" ?
sfLTe.png

lol ninja edit, put the pic back up with the ugly girl fam.

ESRlV.png

KmjWh.jpg

001.jpg

these black gals?
nerd.gif

I hate to be a grave digger here, but I need some clarification. Whats going on here? Are you trying to tell me that if I, a black man, was to go to Japan, ^this would be waiting for me? Whats going on here?

^
laugh.gif
My pops lives and teaches in Japan and was telling me that there are most DEFINITELY some bad ones over there.

I was going to say the same thing; if I had the video on mute, I would've thought it was a local report from around here.

Back
Top Bottom