Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!

Are these the all-blacks that we heard rumors about earlier this year? Would LOVE to see those!
pimp.gif

depends on when this drop if i cop or not.............should have been completely black clear soles=wack

Basic isn't always boring. Foams used to be more basic clean colorways and they were dope. Just because these aren't tasting the rainbow doesn't mean they aren't fly.
exactly, used to be this is nothing thats hasnt been done b4, this will cause a bunch of thirst 4 basic black kicks

I dunno how many games, he wore them towards the end of the season. He was still wearing the Penny 2s after the All-Star game. I doubt if it were over 5-8 games in the regular season where he wore the foams. The Washington Game was the last road game of the season
Another reason I question if the pair is actually black is because Penny was fined for wearing the blue pair., it didn't have enough black on it. He used a sharpie and colored in the grooves. If he did have a black pair, why no just wear those?

he wore the foams @ Milwaukee, @ Washington, @ New York & vs. the Bulls that is what I can recall from games that I have seen. Checking the ESPN Playerfile, it seems that it were the last nine games of the season that he wore them considering the fact that it began in New York,

so he wore them @ NY, @ Milwaukee, @ Toronto, @ Cleveland, @ Washington, vs. Bulls, vs. Boston, vs. Detroit and vs. Miami.

Does anybobdy have his game @ Milwaukee on tape or DVD, it was played on April 8th 97?

Another theory: Talk to my older cousins who was a HUGE!! Magic and Penny fan back in the day. And a huge Foamhead. Dude bout multi pair of Carolina Pros at retail :smh: :lol:

When talking to him about Foams, I ask him about if he remember Penny wearing black Foams. He said only the ones he colored, I said yeah he colored the grooves, he then gives him an alternative recollection of the Foam coloring story. Penny debuts the Neon Royal Foams, league has an issue with the shoes. Penny is told the shoe needs more black to avoid more fines. Penny decides to color the ENTIRE shoe with a sharpie, making them appear black on TV and in pics. Nike doesn't like this because they're not releasing a black colorway and needs Penny to wear the Blue pair on court to promote the shoe. The comprise is he colors the grooves for the playoffs games against the Heat, this way he avoids the fines, and the shoes appear blue on camera.

First time I'm hearing this version of the story, and I call BS, but he swears up and down that Penny colored the entire shoe before he just colored the grooves

Last edited:
Another theory: Talk to my older cousins who was a HUGE!! Magic and Penny fan back in the day. And a huge Foamhead. Dude bout multi pair of Carolina Pros at retail :smh: :lol:
When talking to him about Foams, I ask him about if he remember Penny wearing black Foams. He said only the ones he colored, I said yeah he colored the grooves, he then gives him an alternative recollection of the Foam coloring story. Penny debuts the Neon Royal Foams, league has an issue with the shoes. Penny is told the shoe needs more black to avoid more fines. Penny decides to color the ENTIRE shoe with a sharpie, making them appear black on TV and in pics. Nike doesn't like this because they're not releasing a black colorway and needs Penny to wear the Blue pair on court to promote the shoe. The comprise is he colors the grooves for the playoffs games against the Heat, this way he avoids the fines, and the shoes appear blue on camera.
First time I'm hearing this version of the story, and I call BS, but he swears up and down that Penny colored the entire shoe before he just colored the grooves

Interesting

Interesting

I think in the team Penny Thread, there is a guy who posted photos from the Amway center and there is the Penny Hardaway foam from the playoffs, which has the black grooves! It would be great, if we could ask Penny ourselves :smokin

I think in the team Penny Thread, there is a guy who posted photos from the Amway center and there is the Penny Hardaway foam from the playoffs, which has the black grooves! It would be great, if we could ask Penny ourselves :smokin

I hope you know the story behind those. they were customs by penny because he couldn't wear the shoe due to it breaking NBA violations, so he colored the grooves with sharpie to make it like that.

I hope you know the story behind those. they were customs by penny because he couldn't wear the shoe due to it breaking NBA violations, so he colored the grooves with sharpie to make it like that.

Yes I heard that story! Actually I have game 3 and 4 on tape at home and I think one of the broadcasters even said that!

soooo you cant wear an all blue shoe in the NBA??

Back then the NBA had rules that the shoes you wore had to match the uniforms and match your teammates. In Penny's case the shoes had to be 50% black (I think that was the criteria) to match Orlando's black road jersey and because the Magic wore black shoes on the road

MJ got fined 2 years earlier for the same rule for wearing the Concords on the road.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom