BlackBerry experts GTFIH!

Does anyone know if it's possible to send out wifi through the BlackBerry? If so, how?

I know you can from an iPhone, so I was wondering if the BlackBerry could too.

Thanks.

Send out as in tether? You can, but in the BB App world, the app costs $50, and you have to have the tethering plan to make it work. I don't have a BB anymore, but yeah.

Yeah you need a tethering app. Not worth it. Plus, you might get charged an arm and a leg if you're successful

You're referring to using your Berry as a WiFi hotspot.

What's your model #, OS, carrier?

I'm running the latest 7.1 on a 9900 via AT&T and can use my Berry as a WiFi hotspot.

You can do it for free by using your micro usb cable. It can only be to a desktop or laptop that has BB Desktop installed on it though.

Originally Posted by PTone

I'm running the latest 7.1 on a 9900 via AT&T and can use my Berry as a WiFi hotspot.

Yes. This exactly.

9300, OS 5, T-Mobile

Do you use an app? Or does it give you the option?

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

What kind of blackberry do you have? I know the bb 9900 you can use it as a hotspot.

Time to upgrade then.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by PTone

Yes. This exactly.

9300, OS 5, T-Mobile

Do you use an app? Or does it give you the option?

You're right - you do need to upgrade.

The Wi-Fi hotspot option is embedded in the 7.1 OS (not an app).  I don't think it's even available for the Curves, let alone OS 5.

The latest official OS for your 9300 is 6.0.0.706 so your best bet would be tethering.  There are workarounds for the Berrys so you don't have to pay extra for the service thru T-Mobile.

I had an app for my bb called tether. I paid 25 but I could only tether via USB cable. or Bluetooth. The phone didn't have wifi though, but from all research I have ever done, I couldn't find a way to do wifi tethering without paying that hotspot fee.

Back
Top Bottom