***BLizz Entertainment-----> The World Of Warcraft. StarCraft .Diablo Who Plays ? Nerds Check in***

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

level 57 barb in act 3 hell. ++%! is frustrating.
im a lvl 42 barb in act 3 NM and i am seriously considering re-rolling and starting with a WD or Wiz. 

Barbs = Trash.  My gear isnt the greatest, but i feel it is atleast average for my level.  The group I usually play with includes a WD and Wiz at around the same levels as I am and I swear they do 5-10x the dmg.  Its not even close.  I will be hack and slashing away at a monster for the better part of 2 minutes and then the Wiz comes along and 1 hitter quitters them for me. 

I heard it gets worse once you hit Inferno.  This game just isnt setup for melee characters.  I think I am going to cut my losses and just start fresh before I get super frustrated in the near future.  Sometimes my buddys are not online and I heard its impossible to solo Inferno with a barb. 

A tip for you guys who are looking for gear:

Search he Auction house by putting in your level range
The stats you want

Then sort by buyout. Look for the best items with relatively low buyout costs. You can easily upgrade your gear and make things easier for you with 20k gold
this is what I have been doing recently.  It makes me upset that I dumped so much time, effort, and gold into leveling my blacksmith to lvl 7 already.  BS/Crafting is stupid dumb when I can go on AH and buy something I want for 2-5% of the gold that it would cost me to craft it.

Anyone playing in public games beware who you play with. Glitch is allowing anyone to copy the battletag and number to log in and steal your stuff.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

im a lvl 42 barb in act 3 NM and i am seriously considering re-rolling and starting with a WD or Wiz. 

Barbs = Trash.  My gear isnt the greatest, but i feel it is atleast average for my level.  The group I usually play with includes a WD and Wiz at around the same levels as I am and I swear they do 5-10x the dmg.  Its not even close.  I will be hack and slashing away at a monster for the better part of 2 minutes and then the Wiz comes along and 1 hitter quitters them for me. 

I heard it gets worse once you hit Inferno.  This game just isnt setup for melee characters.  I think I am going to cut my losses and just start fresh before I get super frustrated in the near future.  Sometimes my buddys are not online and I heard its impossible to solo Inferno with a barb. 

I'm trying to beat belial right now with my 42 WD in Nightmare. he's so hard. especially his second form.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

I'm trying to beat belial right now with my 42 WD in Nightmare. he's so hard. especially his second form.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

u need better friends
laugh.gif
  seriously.

i got past belial last night in NM.  Me and the other barb basically acted as meat shields/ revivers while the WD and Wiz were doing 90% of the dmg.  I mean dont get me wrong, my character was goin full on Frenzy + Rend the entire time but was doing minimal damage.  The brunt of the dmg was done by the other characters.  Whenever one of them got caught in the poison, our job was to revive them and then run back to the corner and continue to frenzy+rend.  With a decent Wiz in the group, Belial was easy.  Aside from the other barb dying a handful of times, the Wiz only got caught once.  As a group we beat Belial the first time.

mad.gif
laugh.gif

u need better friends
laugh.gif
  seriously.

i got past belial last night in NM.  Me and the other barb basically acted as meat shields/ revivers while the WD and Wiz were doing 90% of the dmg.  I mean dont get me wrong, my character was goin full on Frenzy + Rend the entire time but was doing minimal damage.  The brunt of the dmg was done by the other characters.  Whenever one of them got caught in the poison, our job was to revive them and then run back to the corner and continue to frenzy+rend.  With a decent Wiz in the group, Belial was easy.  Aside from the other barb dying a handful of times, the Wiz only got caught once.  As a group we beat Belial the first time.

I'm  trying to solo it. I got no friends, at least none that are on. .
laugh.gif
frown.gif

i get him down to about 10% health, then i slip up.
eyes.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif

u need better friends
laugh.gif
  seriously.

laugh.gif
frown.gif

eyes.gif

solo Barb = RIP.

play with some NTers.  I know a bunch of us posted up our battlenet tags.  Join up.

u need better friends
laugh.gif
  seriously.

laugh.gif
frown.gif

eyes.gif

solo Barb = RIP.

play with some NTers.  I know a bunch of us posted up our battlenet tags.  Join up.

Nevermind, I just beat him solo. Blow darts for the win.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I wouldnt mind teaming up with others, since i only play with one other person.
laugh.gif

finally got to hell with my DH only lvl 47. gonna grind it out to 50 before i really start hell.

damn doing quests with people who just do whatever and no teamwork sucks. even worse when there's no range character. this game really is suited for range chars.

What up, Im currently in Hell Act I lv 52 barb. Im doing pretty well at this game. Looking for Nters to run with. CoolCoachDan#1578 if you want to run now.

my barb is at lvl 58 now and I came to the conclusion that barb is very underpowered and needs to be fix with a patch.
against champions and unique monsters, they cant do anything. ice + sentries= game over. whats the point of using a barb when they cant even take a hit
wizard is by far the strongest character to the point it isnt fair. They have the best defense and the best attacks. I have a friend who beat hell easily with wizard while my barb is having trouble beating up a spider.

cmon

Just irks me when people on the bnet forums make posts saying the game is fine, yadayada.

And whatever they have to back up their claim is laughable.

Sucks that melee cant do much in Inferno. Was going to make a monk but now ive held off on that.

I have a friend that has a barb in inferno and he's telling me how insane and frustrating it is even in act 1. getting 1-2 shot deaths, etc. That was a few days ago so things may have changed since.

Im a level ~40 DH in act 2 NM right now playing solo. I'd say its about medium difficult right now solo-wise. Too much kiting when encountering packs. Becomes a chore and annoying. Some of these boss mods man... just ridiculous. And its only NM.

Vortex, champs throwing out lasers and +%%+. The combos are just crazy.
Packs with Molten throwing that #+*% far as hell like theyre some shot put gold medalist or something.

monk is actually pretty vicious, i was watching some european dudes do inferno runs. they had 2 monks and a barb, all melee chars. There were lighting it up, just those elite monsters take some time.

but they must have some godly equipment.

watched that video, swapped to that skill set.. my barb holds up very well in NM.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at diablo, server got cut.. but check it out.. my gears decent.

P.S. speed run act 3's main boss to act 4 1st side boss (NM). from lvl 40ish->50ish. very fast and lots of exp.

Let's be honest game sucks. I'm at lvl 30 and realized after 12 years this is the trash they gave us? There is zero multi player interaction, you can solo everything if you buy decent gear at the auction house. There is no need to trade or play with others, plus there's still no pvp and how can you have a max of 4 players in 2012. Anyone who wants my key I'm willing to sell for 30.

This game is completely different on Hardcore.  I just beat Belial and that fight was intense.  I'm lvl 24 Witch Doctor on Normal.  I have seen alot of people die up to this point.  Hardcore gets pretty real.  Its tough when you're in a party and see someone go down knowing they ain't coming back.  Funny, but tough.  I almost died myself a couple times.  I don't think I'm ever going to play softcore again.  Hardcore is where its at for me.

I'm rocking the Hardcore achievements on my banner now.  My sigil is the only thing that's not hardcore yet.  It's a feat of strength though.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

my barb is at lvl 58 now and I came to the conclusion that barb is very underpowered and needs to be fix with a patch.
against champions and unique monsters, they cant do anything. ice + sentries= game over. whats the point of using a barb when they cant even take a hit
wizard is by far the strongest character to the point it isnt fair. They have the best defense and the best attacks. I have a friend who beat hell easily with wizard while my barb is having trouble beating up a spider.

cmon
i feel your pain brother.

i think the only way that barb becomes a usable player in inferno is if you have godly gear.  the onyl way to get godly gear is the farm the hell out of NM once you are a high level, stack millions upon millions of gold, and then buy gear piece by piece on AH.

or wait til RMAH opens up (did it open last night when the servers went down?) and just pay real cash for the best gear and start stomping through mobs.

after playing some more last night, i dont think im ready to quit my barb yet.  im going to just push through until he becomes 100% useless (right now its about 90% useless).  I will then hope and pray that Blizzard will tweak the characters (or the monster packs) so that my lvl 60 barb will be useful in the future.

Back
Top Bottom