Cons:
-already replaced by newer body style

E90/92 3er (2006-)

Cons:
-styling isn't as aggressive
contradicting yourself?

but the e46 body cannot be replaced, classic
pimp.gif

Just got a 2007 335i today.  It only had 16000 miles and I got the car for around 31,000.  It's awesome, car is a beast. Here is a pic
f3c25d1ed875843dbbee999e4b7a119d24b41a5.jpg

For a DD i would get 335. The turbos make easier to drive then having to get up in the RPMS like the M. Plus the 300 hp rated from the factory have been dynoed and is really close to the M's 333hp. I was in close to the same dilema a few years back. 2006 M3 or 2007 335i. I choose the 335i sedan also because I had a young son. Now I have a 535 and still love the n54 motor.

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

I have a e46 330ci coupe '04 and id never get an M3 e46 simply because its not much off as far as style goes and for the money i could get an E90
laugh.gif

If thats your excuse, the M3 was never for you to begin with...

Go with the M3....practicality and BMW don't belong in the same sentence. Sure the 335i might be close in performance, but the E46 M3 looks way better. You'll probably just be mad at yourself for not getting the M3.

M Cars > NON M Cars....who cares if the body has been replaced.  I would still pick an E36 over an E92.  Oh and yes I own an E46 M3 

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

M Cars > NON M Cars....who cares if the body has been replaced.  I would still pick an E36 over an E92.  Oh and yes I own an E46 M3 
Exactly.  If you told me that I could pick any BMW I wanted, do you think it would be a new one?  Other than the E46, the styling of BMW has gone down the crapper since the E36/E38/E39.....all of those models have classic styling that will be relevant and look GOOD forever.  If I had to pick one 7 series, it would be a 2001 750.....one 5 series, E39 m5...one 3 series, I would probably go E36 (maybe E46).....
I would love to have a 1999 S600 too.....I just like plain classic styling, clean lines...not unnecessary curves and ugly 7 series...

Originally Posted by Man E

Originally Posted by kidposite

Originally Posted by Man E

e46.

I'm shopping for a new car as well, stuck between an m5 or Range Rover. Suggestions?
m5 is more fun. and still usable as a DD

Why can't the RR be a daily driver?

But this is so NICE: http://www.m5board.com/vb...verstone-ii-img_0745.jpg
RR is probably a better DD actually, but i was trying to say that the M5 is fun in addition to being daily driveable whereas a lotus elise is fun but would be a terrible DD.

an ///m will always be an ///m
no matter what tuning you perform on a 335 it will never be an ///m
///m cars are timeless cars that will always be remembered
the 335i will be forgotten as soon as the new 3 releases
ive owned two e46 m3s and am now in an e92
i can honestly say i miss my e46 m3 and will want to get another one when the price becomes even cheaper
///m>335i

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

I have a e46 330ci coupe '04 and id never get an M3 e46 simply because its not much off as far as style goes and for the money i could get an E90
laugh.gif

If thats your excuse, the M3 was never for you to begin with...

Ehh u got me there I'm not reallY a peformance buff more about looks and comfortability which the E90 trumps the M3... Now an E90 M3 is an different caliber then both.. I literally !#+% my pants when I see them.. Which is rare...

Originally Posted by rareair45

i can honestly say i miss my e46 m3 and will want to get another one when the price becomes even cheaper

///m>335i

This sums it up.

But honestly, drive both and then make your decision. Yes, you can chip the 335 and it will be faster than the M3, but it wont feel as fast, nor will the ride be anywhere near as exhilarating. I don't care if the 335i had 550hp, it'll never replace the classic lines of the E46 M3.

3.jpg

Originally Posted by Vancity74

///m>335i

This sums it up.

But honestly, drive both and then make your decision. Yes, you can chip the 335 and it will be faster than the M3, but it wont feel as fast, nor will the ride be anywhere near as exhilarating. I don't care if the 335i had 550hp, it'll never replace the classic lines of the E46 M3.

3.jpg
P1365_BMW_3coupe_e92_mpac_1280x943.jpg
Personally, I'd whip this around > the thrilling, classic e46.

Oh yeah, and there might still be a warranty on it. That's worth more to me than classic lines and cornering a little bit tighter.
smile.gif

man, i'm so glad this thread was made. I've been debating and researching the past few weeks about all 3 in the OP (m3/335i/330i) + I'm considering an IS350 by summer time

there's pro's and con's to all choices

I'll definitely be watching this thread for insight

Originally Posted by Vancity74

///m>335i

This sums it up.

dude the hell are u talking about?
1) it would FEEL FASTER just because the BOOST in it making the ride MORE exhilarating

2) If the 335 had 550 horses, you basically have the new M3 coming out which is ALSO inline 6 twin turbo

3) 335 is fly and even if the E46 is HIGHLY attractive, ive seen every wannabe baller / hick trying to look cool in it

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

man, i'm so glad this thread was made. I've been debating and researching the past few weeks about all 3 in the OP (m3/335i/330i) + I'm considering an IS350 by summer time

there's pro's and con's to all choices

I'll definitely be watching this thread for insight

Hmmm if you like the IS ... consider the older box (IS300) which came with an N/A 2J
The swap would be simple and the 2J is a legendary motor capable of speeds that not even many Ferraris reach

Back
Top Bottom