BMW

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by vell23

I've started to fall in love with them anybody else thinks they're the best luxury cars? If not what brands do yall like?

laugh.gif

not even close to the best but ok

My personal opinion bro dont take it so seriously

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

No love for the Audi S5?! That joint is pure sex!
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Doesn't really hold a candle to the M3. We still waiting for the RS5. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

And it doesn't help that it's soooooooo underpowered, even the S5, But I still think its a beautiful car.BMW has done an excellent job with the new 5 and 7 series models. Lexus has also hit a home run with the 2013 GS model I saw one in person and had to do a double take.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by RFX45

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

And it doesn't help that it's soooooooo underpowered, even the S5, But I still think its a beautiful car.  

I always found the S5 is in a weird class of it's own. The 328i coupe is about the same price as the A5 and power is similar too, 230hp on the 328i and 211hp on the A5. But then the 335i coupe with 300hp V6 starts at $45k while the S5 starts at $54k with 350hp V8. Then you look at the M3 coupe with 414hp V8 that starts at $60k. So in terms of power and price, it is right about in between of the 335i and M3. It seems like the S5 is more expensive that it's competitor (the 335i coupe) but also has more power. Then the new 2012 RS5 will have a 444hp V8 and will like be in the $70k range so again it'll be more powerful than it's competitor the M3 but also at a much higher price. I did use to think it was under powered but looking at it this way, it kind of makes sense. It's just up to you how much you are willing to pay for that extra power to feel whether it is too much or not.

Every car company has different models. Some are better then other car company models, some aren't. I love my 5 but, would I take a CLS over it? Sure. Would I take a C300 over it? $#%& No! BMW is my favorite though. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

Lexus >

Bro .. my uncle owns a GS400 .. he sat in my 5 a week ago. As soon as I pull out and start driving first thing he said was "WOW, your car drives so much better" .. I was like 
pimp.gif

Not too many people here actually OWN CARS, let alone OWN a BMW. With that said, not too many people actually even OWN, nor MAINTAIN their car long enough to establish any sort of unrequitted love for it.

I personally have always loved BMWs. Aside from the classic, and defining aesthetics of the brand, a BMW encaptures a prestige like no other. However, the maintenance is extremely costly, and a lot of the work are not DIY friendly.

I definitely want to own a BMW. The past 2 years, the design for the 3 and 5 series, and X3, X5 have been so so to me.

Originally Posted by Kiiing

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

Lexus >

Bro .. my uncle owns a GS400 .. he sat in my 5 a week ago. As soon as I pull out and start driving first thing he said was "WOW, your car drives so much better" .. I was like 
pimp.gif

Tell your uncle to test drive the NEW lexus GS. Bet hell like it more than your 5.

Love my e36,taking the long way home in a BMW > *
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Spookz312

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Love Mine....
0182543e45ece0e8411c74b659c63fe1f6d0844.pjpeg
5d1154eae80c44ce4b6c74432b8da1235992940.pjpeg
e39
pimp.gif

whats that an 03?  how much you pay to get that interior done?

you wasnt %$##%!$!++$+ though huh bro and an e55 is still an exotic to me
laugh.gif

bmw5series-new.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2011-BMW-5-Series.jpg
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

anyone have suggestions on good bmw forums? seriously I wanna get some more info on some
bimmerpost.com
Originally Posted by inter1032

been looking for an e92 m3 just can't find one that has everything i want
i mean....what are you looking for in a e92? most e92's that are in stock at dealerships are pretty much fully loaded, minus the CF top. i haven't heard many that get the e92 without at least 2 or 3 packages included. i couldn't wait that long, so i just picked up mine from the dealership. it had everything i wanted and some, only thing i didn't want was the sunroof. or you can just custom build it, you'll get it in 6-8 weeks. if you can't wait that long, talk to your SA, they will try to intercept other dealerships cars 

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Not too many people here actually OWN CARS, let alone OWN a BMW. With that said, not too many people actually even OWN, nor MAINTAIN their car long enough to establish any sort of unrequitted love for it.

I personally have always loved BMWs. Aside from the classic, and defining aesthetics of the brand, a BMW encaptures a prestige like no other. However, the maintenance is extremely costly, and a lot of the work are not DIY friendly.

I definitely want to own a BMW. The past 2 years, the design for the 3 and 5 series, and X3, X5 have been so so to me.
this.

and this thread isn't complete without rareair 
nerd.gif

oh, and my opinion:

3427670079_fa8f403233_b.jpg

pimp.gif

In that video they said the new M5 is the "Best Car in the World". However it's only problem is that the new 5 Series is nearly perfect, why spend more? 
BMW, the originators and innovators. Everyone else has been trying to catch up with their sport versions and look. Especially the Japanese luxury cars.

BMW > All

thank you, famb...
its crazy how many cats just come in here and judge another whip without even sitting in one. I think people should preface their opinion with the cars they have or have sat in...

Not just seeing pictures on the interwebz.

I'm sat in and drove BMWs and Lexus' (neighbor is a BMW head w/ a 745 and 328, and mom has had ES330 and IS250)... they are both great cars lines. i just think that Lexus gets the nod b/c of maintenance and reliability.

i'm not really sure about Audi, Infiniti, Acura, and Mercedes cuz i've never been in those for an extended period of time.

I hear that Audi = 
sick.gif
 when it comes to maintenance costs and they break down consistently. They look 
pimp.gif
 though, i'm not gonna lie. 

Those are some beautiful cars, famb...

Mercedes is a VERY recognizable brand to the middle to lower class biddies, doe, cuz you can actually put aftermarkets on them and they fit .... you pull up in big body Benz and yambs are flocking.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

thank you, famb...
its crazy how many cats just come in here and judge another whip without even sitting in one. I think people should preface their opinion with the cars they have or have sat in...

Not just seeing pictures on the interwebz.

I'm sat in and drove BMWs and Lexus' (neighbor is a BMW head w/ a 745 and 328, and mom has had ES330 and IS250)... they are both great cars lines. i just think that Lexus gets the nod b/c of maintenance and reliability.

i'm not really sure about Audi, Infiniti, Acura, and Mercedes cuz i've never been in those for an extended period of time.

I hear that Audi = 
sick.gif
 when it comes to maintenance costs and they break down consistently. They look 
pimp.gif
 though, i'm not gonna lie. 

Those are some beautiful cars, famb...

Mercedes is a VERY recognizable brand to the middle to lower class biddies, doe, cuz you can actually put aftermarkets on them and they fit .... you pull up in big body Benz and yambs are flocking.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've driven the IS350, but that's about it.  I've sat in a few higher end vehicles as well.  Still, I don't care to fake the funk like most people.  I've owned and worked on a lot of imports.  Growing up, this is what we've owned, and this is what I worked with.  I can talk about what's easy to do, what can be done and all that.  At one point, we did own an Audi, and it wasn't friendly.  As of now, I drive an Accord.  I haven't reached the point where I can actually afford a BMW yet.  I'm not in a rush though.  I only hope that the 3 or 5 series becomes desirable.  I could care less about 'image'.  I've worked and owned accords from 1980s to the mid 2000s

I've rode in expensive cars that my friends bought (through financing) and could 'feel' the difference.  In terms of actually driving them;  I've only driven the IS350 a few times. 

People that don't really know cars, or work on them, will never appreciate or 'see', and 'feel' the 'true' difference.  But that's okay.  I personally enjoy doing my own things, and I'm at 'awe' in terms of how advanced cars have gotten now.  In fact, a lot of things are no longer done at the liesure of your own home!

BMW/Mercedes-Benz>______________(When it comes to overall Luxury and performance in a package)

S-Class>______________(When it comes to innovative features)

BMW M5>_______________ (When it comes to a "Drivers car")

Lexus is cool... It just feels cheap compared to a BMW... too much plastic in the interior... The 2013 GS350 is up to par with BMW/Mercedes interior wise, that joint is plushhhhh

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

BMW/Mercedes-Benz>______________(When it comes to overall Luxury and performance in a package)
S-Class>______________(When it comes to innovative features)
BMW M5>_______________ (When it comes to a "Drivers car")

Lexus is cool... It just feels cheap compared to a BMW... too much plastic in the interior... The 2013 GS350 is up to par with BMW/Mercedes interior wise, that joint is plushhhhh
see... i can respect your opinion b/c you are deep in the BMW game...
i forgot to tell you congrats on the baby too, famb...

I've driven the IS350, but that's about it.  I've sat in a few higher end vehicles as well.  Still, I don't care to fake the funk like most people.  I've owned and worked on a lot of imports.  Growing up, this is what we've owned, and this is what I worked with.  I can talk about what's easy to do, what can be done and all that.  At one point, we did own an Audi, and it wasn't friendly.  As of now, I drive an Accord.  I haven't reached the point where I can actually afford a BMW yet.  I'm not in a rush though.  I only hope that the 3 or 5 series becomes desirable.  I could care less about 'image'.  I've worked and owned accords from 1980s to the mid 2000s

I've rode in expensive cars that my friends bought (through financing) and could 'feel' the difference.  In terms of actually driving them;  I've only driven the IS350 a few times.  

People that don't really know cars, or work on them, will never appreciate or 'see', and 'feel' the 'true' difference.  But that's okay.  I personally enjoy doing my own things, and I'm at 'awe' in terms of how advanced cars have gotten now.  In fact, a lot of things are no longer done at the liesure of your own home!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i can sense the responsibility in this post fambs...

i have an impala, and in a couple years, its going to be time for me to move into a new whip (currently have an 06 impala w/ 80K miles that's running perfect) and i want to get an Accord or Toyota... have it last me from 25 to when i finish grad school and get into a stable job around 30-31...

bmw >> lexus in terms of drivablity

lexus >> bmw in terms of maintenance and reliability

lexus also has higher re-sell value

Lexus interiors tend to be built better but I agree, they do use some plastics in their interiors. I hate the feeling of it on my IS. With that said, everything is great though. Seats are heavily bolstered and finished great, wood grain is standard and really gives the car a rich, luxurious feel. I admit some experience rattles, I personally haven't but Lexus interior is just well built for the most part. They seem to be using some cheaper materials on their new cheaper cars though like on the CT, build is good but quality isn't the same.

BMWs interior on the hand has been bland and boring for a while now, it isn't until recently that it got interesting again. Quality-wise, I say it is about the same as Lexus but Lexus just offers much more and the fit and finish just beats BMW in that department. With that said, the interior in my Z4 is honestly very good, very driver oriented and the materials are very solid. I'm not just saying that because I own the car either, it isn't perfect (why no hidden cup holders?) but it is also very, very good. Much better than my IS for sure.

I haven't encountered it but it seems BMW still suffers from some of the fit and finish problems, some are already complaining on it from the new F30.

My issue with Audi is that the base price always looks decent, but every damn thing on the car is an option. 
One of my female friends has a S3, and another friend has the new A4.  

When I look how much an S3 costs I simply laugh.  It doesn't come with enough basic kit for me. 

That is the joy of the Lexus IS250SE (another friend has one, and I've driven it). 

But I do feel very comfortable in the BMW 320d (the new one, went to see it at the launch at my local dealer)

Back
Top Bottom