Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

:x

I'm talking about the posters who say things like "so and so won't make it past this season... unless history says otherwise" or "if they stick to history, so and so will be dead next episode."

I don't think those comments should be made, and if they are, they should at least be in a spoiler tag.

For the record, I never enter this thread before I catch up on the latest episode. I'm not that dense. But sometimes people are throwing out historical references to who dies and it ruins the show sometimes. Hell, something as simple as "preview for next week's episode looks intense" spoils shows for me so maybe I should just avoid this thread altogether :lol:

But it's american history you are watching. I understand what you mean though. Unfortunately we can assume anything can happen but this also is far from accurate from who some of these people portray. Like Enoch thompson only serves a few years in prison for tax evasion i think. Is that whats gonna happen on B.E? Probably not. But i do see where you are coming from

I peeped the actor who plays Eli in Matthew McConaughey's HBO show preview, so I figure Eli gon' get got unless dude will be cashing multiple HBO checks, which would be pretty baller for the actor.

The guy who plays Eli is a solid actor. He also has some solid pull in the industry so it could be both lol. But most of the time you will be right on that assumption. Good eye.

I peeped the actor who plays Eli in Matthew McConaughey's HBO show preview, so I figure Eli gon' get got unless dude will be cashing multiple HBO checks, which would be pretty baller for the actor.
laugh.gif
Never thought about it like this before. There should be a name for this, maybe "reality spoiler."

Believe it or not, The lives and deaths of 1920s gangsters are not common knowledge to most people.

What does it hurt to show a bit of courtesy and put that stuff in spoilers?

Because ..1) You arent right or wrong but history doesnt have a "spoiler" button. 2) as a person who is trying to get into it without it being ruined for them then they should start on that #1 page like all of us fans did. By him coming into the thread x-pages deep kinda makes him look like he spoiled it for himself. Regardless, you dont go into a buffet unless your starvin. If you aint that hungry go grab something small - in this case, the first page of the thread/1st season of the show.
P.s how come its wrong for us to talk history due to someones lack of knowledge? I read about enochs life and still cant tell you how the show will end. Its make believe. I aint catering to no one who wouldnt wanna take the time to really catch it from S.1Ep.1.

Reactions: c4
HBO hires union actors...

But you cant get work unless your in a union...the question is, what union are they choosing from? An HBO-friendly union that puts money out for said actors on the regular? Its like music, youll see collabs with everyone but usually label mates mostly. So HBO has to have favorites that after a while they realize its much cheaper to own them long term to shows from their network alone. Im sure once these faces become known that the network would want to keep them long-term due to people watchin cause of said-actor plays in it. Source: my friend was in SAG for a while getting residuals from STEP UP 2-3d. He told me i couldnt get work unless i got into a union as well.

This ep was the calm before the storm or the calm before the storm that'll be S5.

That traitorous swine Eli. Happy Nucky seeing he's acting funny.

The mannerisms and speech patterns of Oscar were hilarious :rofl: Now I see where Chalky gets all that smartass slick talk from.

That ending though for Oscar and Gillian :smh: I know Chalky feel bad and I'm wondering if Daughter called Narcisse before she left to tip them off to where Chalky at. At first I thought we were gonna find Oscar banging out Daughter's back :lol: Then I thought he killed her but imo her dipping is even worse in a way.

As for Gillian, DAMN, how elaborate a plot you need to concoct just to get her to confess? I find it stupid she had to reveal that. I mean why not just give him the I love you and love is all we need to go on bs talk and see if he buys it. I don't see how confessing to murder is gonna make the dude want to stay with you had he not been setting you up. As for this set up this **** is wild. It don't make sense, who the **** is Roger to put so much work in to finding his murderer? Did the old dude set that up just cuz of how she went about having Jimmy's death be revealed? Mad perplexing to go through all that trouble. Could've got her on heroin possession and got her to confess during withdrawal if it was that serious. I'm lost on that.

Anyway, hopefully Nuck has Harrow kill all these fools already. At the very least this season would be the best if Eli dies. I hope Chalky comes around cuz Nuck didn't really sell him out and he doesn't know the whole deal of what went down. I'm also expecting Nuck to not show up to that sit down and make sure Sally doesn't show up. Just like last season when he said he didn't want anybody he already knows and trusts to step to him was broken a bit this season I'm not buying he'll truly be out of the game by the end of this (clearly he's not out of it cuz we know he won't). Most likely something pulls him back in anyway.

EDIT

It didn't strike me that when Nuck says he wants out, he means out of the liquor trade with Tampa just so the other guys can take the fall. :lol: I'm just surprised somehow he aint find a way for AR to take blame as well.

The other dude leaving is a good point to when it comes to how they got to Oscar's house so quick. Probably was him.

Which other dude leaving?

HBO loyalty ie: Michael K. Williams being Omar and Chalky, and Bobby Cannavale being Gyp in Season 3 and attached (as the lead) for the new 1970s series HBO is setting up.

Those are just two examples, I'm sure there is plenty more.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, The lives and deaths of 1920s gangsters are not common knowledge to most people.

What does it hurt to show a bit of courtesy and put that stuff in spoilers?

Because ..1) You arent right or wrong but history doesnt have a "spoiler" button. 2) as a person who is trying to get into it without it being ruined for them then they should start on that #1 page like all of us fans did. By him coming into the thread x-pages deep kinda makes him look like he spoiled it for himself. Regardless, you dont go into a buffet unless your starvin. If you aint that hungry go grab something small - in this case, the first page of the thread/1st season of the show.
P.s how come its wrong for us to talk history due to someones lack of knowledge? I read about enochs life and still cant tell you how the show will end. Its make believe. I aint catering to no one who wouldnt wanna take the time to really catch it from S.1Ep.1.

What are you even talking about dude?

I've been following this show since season 1. What does that have to do with anything?

All I'm saying is that there's a difference between me coming in here without watching the new episode, and complaining that someone spoiled something for me (which is entirely my fault, and something I'd never do) versus someone saying "well, according to history, Eli dies in the season finale because he doesn't make it past 1925" or something along those lines.

For example, I never knew who Rothstein was, but apparently...

He dies as a result of an unpaid gambling debt.

What does this mean to a viewer like myself? Well, if Rothstein is ever in a sticky situation, chances are he's probably not going to die because history says otherwise. The same goes for Luchiano and Lansky (which is why I wasn't exactly "tense" when Nucky had a gun to his head a couple eps back).

Anyway, I'm over it. Moving along... is next episode the last one of the season!?

Last edited:
But this forum does have a spoiler button.

I suppose it's only intended for people who want to exhibit some decency. You clearly just enjoy being "that guy".

Not at all. I just dont see the reason why there is no compromise. Because 1) its 4 seasons deep...roughly 3-4 years the show has been on now. Im sure people rap and sing about al capone but god forbid i let them know he dies in his bedroom all alone with dementia in real life...im the bad guy? Lol. Its a bother for me to put spoilers through my phone just like its a bother when people read about history. Shows lazyness if you ask me. I mean, im showing lazyness by not putting up spoilers too...but this aint a movie, its real facts not being put into spoilers. Its even more lazy of people not watching from Season 1 and expecting to come into a thread in season 4 wit actual fans and getting upset at the assumptions base off of real life facts reasily available to anyone with a digital device. Do u get mad at highlights u missed on ESPN when someone goes like "yo u see that dunk 'Bron did ?!" Lol "WTFF I WAS GONNA GO HOME AND WATCH IT LATER!!!"...yoo arian foster is on IR for the ...FFFFUUU I DIDNT EVEN WATCH LAST WEEKS GAME ON MY TIVO YET!!111!"

What are you even talking about dude?

I've been following this show since season 1. What does that have to do with anything?

All I'm saying is that there's a difference between me coming in here without watching the new episode, and complaining that someone spoiled something for me (which is entirely my fault, and something I'd never do) versus someone saying "well, according to history, Eli dies in the season finale because he doesn't make it past 1925" or something along those lines.

For example, I never knew who Rothstein was, but apparently...

He dies as a result of an unpaid gambling debt.

What does this mean to a viewer like myself? Well, if Rothstein is ever in a sticky situation, chances are he's probably not going to die because history says otherwise. The same goes for Luchiano and Lansky (which is why I wasn't exactly "tense" when Nucky had a gun to his head a couple eps back).

Anyway, I'm over it. Moving along... is next episode the last one of the season!?

Yes its the last episode. And no, its not the same. People BEEN saying from SEASON 1 that "it will be interesting to see what happens to Nucky cause he eventually gets booked for Tax Evasion" did you see it happen? I mean, jesus dude, HBO takes 5% of history, recreates 95% of it with hollywood. ..and you are upset that the actual 5% they took from history books are being regurgitated amongst eager fans?

After letting last night's episode sink in here are my thoughts:

"The calm before the storm" is as good of a description as you can put on that episode.

Couldn't see how the writers spent 1/3 of the episode on Gillian's take down that was annoying.

Chalky happens to be one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite but it's hard to see his storyline going much further. IMO Narcisse has a more interesting plot going forward. Chalky gave up what he had and ultimately ran away (still don't know why he needed to leave, he had his man power too). Unless Chalky brings something new to the table I can see him being offed. Perhaps Nucky gives him complete operation of AC or sole control of the club. Have to think Nucky does something for Chalky to show his respect.

May be a LONG SHOT but Hoover is OBSESSED with black criminal endeavors and he specifically mentioned Harlem. Perhaps, Eli gets Knox to take in Narcisse so that Hoover can respect him. That situation ties many things together. I hope Knox gets offed, Eli is real soft and should just off him to begin with.

Nucky clearly wants out as he sees things closing in on him. I don't see Nucky showing up to this meeting probably after Willy recognizes who Knox is and tells Nucky. Only way I can see Nucky staying in is if someone makes him turn on his 'gangster.' This is a make or break episode for Willy's character IMO he either mans up maybe gets his first gun shots off or he realizes he isn't about this life.

Historically, we know Capone runs Chicago so this episode is just going to show how he takes over, need to see how they tie in Chicago to all the other cities. They had their chance last season but kind of let it go.

The other gangsters Luciano, Lansky, Rothstein, Masseria all need to have their story build up.

Harrows storyline is kind of played out too, he officially got control of Tommy so unless he becomes a full time soldier for Nucky then I can see the writers just having him settle down on the family life.

God damn..i could see if i was ruining a new ImAX movie for you. But thats so petty...tal'm bout i should stop talking about what already happened 80-90 years ago in REAL life to suit your Lack of history. The show should be an imaginative side to bringing that era back into our lives to get a glimpse of what did or couldve happen...so for us to bring up actual event it shouldnt piss u off but should really make u go look it up due to your intrigue on it. If it dont do that then dont watch the show. Thats what the walking dead is for...oh wait they base that on a comic book and they dont even follow the damn thing..... It dont really affect you.

Oscar and all his talk about "can't trust brown" reminds me of Brooklyn 9-9's "can't handle your brown" :lol:

This ep was the calm before the storm or the calm before the storm that'll be S5.

That traitorous swine Eli. Happy Nucky seeing he's acting funny.

The mannerisms and speech patterns of Oscar were hilarious :rofl: Now I see where Chalky gets all that smartass slick talk from.

That ending though for Oscar and Gillian :smh: I know Chalky feel bad and I'm wondering if Daughter called Narcisse before she left to tip them off to where Chalky at. At first I thought we were gonna find Oscar banging out Daughter's back :lol: Then I thought he killed her but imo her dipping is even worse in a way.

As for Gillian, DAMN, how elaborate a plot you need to concoct just to get her to confess? I find it stupid she had to reveal that. I mean why not just give him the I love you and love is all we need to go on bs talk and see if he buys it. I don't see how confessing to murder is gonna make the dude want to stay with you had he not been setting you up. As for this set up this **** is wild. It don't make sense, who the **** is Roger to put so much work in to finding his murderer? Did the old dude set that up just cuz of how she went about having Jimmy's death be revealed? Mad perplexing to go through all that trouble. Could've got her on heroin possession and got her to confess during withdrawal if it was that serious. I'm lost on that.

Anyway, hopefully Nuck has Harrow kill all these fools already. At the very least this season would be the best if Eli dies. I hope Chalky comes around cuz Nuck didn't really sell him out and he doesn't know the whole deal of what went down. I'm also expecting Nuck to not show up to that sit down and make sure Sally doesn't show up. Just like last season when he said he didn't want anybody he already knows and trusts to step to him was broken a bit this season I'm not buying he'll truly be out of the game by the end of this (clearly he's not out of it cuz we know he won't). Most likely something pulls him back in anyway.

EDIT

It didn't strike me that when Nuck says he wants out, he means out of the liquor trade with Tampa just so the other guys can take the fall. :lol: I'm just surprised somehow he aint find a way for AR to take blame as well.

The other dude leaving is a good point to when it comes to how they got to Oscar's house so quick. Probably was him.

Which other dude leaving?
When they were playing checkers. The guy who got up and left saying he was going to town that kinda lingered looking at Chalky when he was about to start the new game. It could've been him that snitched and it makes more sense time wise.

:lol: Never thought about it like this before. There should be a name for this, maybe "reality spoiler."
I see this a lot and noticed it a bit more recently with the shows I watch.

Julianne Nicholson moonlighting in several minor roles on a few shows. Not supporting but recurring status.

The dude who was the killer in the first season of The Killing is J. Edgar Hoover in Boardwalk, there's more but I usually notice while they're on the show.

I like to see other producers and showrunners notice good talent.
I don't see Nucky showing up to this meeting probably after Willy recognizes who Knox is and tells Nucky. Only way I can see Nucky staying in is if someone makes him turn on his 'gangster.' This is a make or break episode for Willy's character IMO he either mans up maybe gets his first gun shots off or he realizes he isn't about this life.
I want Nucky to pull a Torio/O'Bannion:

"Alright guys I'm going."

*After Nucky is gone. Police bust in guns drawn*

:lol:

Last edited:
The whole meeting thing is looking like a Godfather reference to me. "Whoever comes to you with this Barzini meeting, he's the traitor." Let's see how much they follow through with the parallels. Great season, can't wait for the finale.

Last edited:
don't care at all for gillian but damn, she got absolutely destroyed and glazed in pure ether. wouldn't save but definitely felt bad for her.

May be a LONG SHOT but Hoover is OBSESSED with black criminal endeavors and he specifically mentioned Harlem. Perhaps, Eli gets Knox to take in Narcisse so that Hoover can respect him. That situation ties many things together. I hope Knox gets offed, Eli is real soft and should just off him to begin with.

there's speculation that Narcisse works for the feds i.e. "our man in harlem." Him selling dope to the black community sounds almost like it was orchestrated by Hoover....imo

call it a conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom