Born into money...vol. People throwing Salt

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

CalvinJohnson wrote:
At the end of the day you want the best you can do for your kids right?

The thing is...

Privilege is race oriented. Thats the problem. If there wasn't any correlation between race and wealth then there would be nothing to be salty about.

The fact privileged groups can pass wealth on from generation while minority unprivileged groups start out with nothing causes a huge issue.

To add to the issue, privileged groups tend to say things like "work harder". When in actuality they're either blind to their own privilege or are trying to justify their "entitled wealth"....

Person A: Inherited money from parents, and will work in the family business. Lived in a very strong tax based area and benefits from amazing education.

Person B: Born into poverty. Poor education opportunities. Has to work for everything he/she has.

Who will go further in life? People always argue and bring up examples of people who have made it. The truth is the percentage of people who'll make it is really very miniscule compared to people who have been so deprived that they're completely demoralized.

Privileged people don't want any part of this reality. Nor do they wan't to be part of the solution, which is the problem. They caused this disparity, yet they don't want to aide in evening the playing field.....

There's a problem, a very real one.
biggest load of ^@@^ i've read on here all week. i personally know a ton of different kinds of people who were born into good money. chinese, nigerian, pakistani, etc... i'm mixed myself. people always playing the race card.

If you think race has nothing to do with it then you're completely blind. You obviously don't know a thing about redlining or how minority communitieswere purposefully denied advantages whites were and how it still effects people today.

I see what you're saying. I guess you can say I've been a little spoiled, but I know the value of a dollar. Parents were always strict on me anddisciplined me well. Ive also done well all my life in school. But there are definitely those who are spoiled rotten and act like total &^*!S

I work with a dude who's rich, and he smells bad real bad! I'm guessing he's so rich that he doesn't care about his hygiene. He has his ownapartment, drives a benz, and goes all around the world, and he works at my job "just to have money in his pocket". Like damn I know you rich, but atleast wash yourself everyday!

CalvinJohnson wrote:
At the end of the day you want the best you can do for your kids right?

The thing is...

Privilege is race oriented. Thats the problem. If there wasn't any correlation between race and wealth then there would be nothing to be salty about.

The fact privileged groups can pass wealth on from generation while minority unprivileged groups start out with nothing causes a huge issue.

To add to the issue, privileged groups tend to say things like "work harder". When in actuality they're either blind to their own privilege or are trying to justify their "entitled wealth"....

Person A: Inherited money from parents, and will work in the family business. Lived in a very strong tax based area and benefits from amazing education.

Person B: Born into poverty. Poor education opportunities. Has to work for everything he/she has.

Who will go further in life? People always argue and bring up examples of people who have made it. The truth is the percentage of people who'll make it is really very miniscule compared to people who have been so deprived that they're completely demoralized.

Privileged people don't want any part of this reality. Nor do they wan't to be part of the solution, which is the problem. They caused this disparity, yet they don't want to aide in evening the playing field.....

There's a problem, a very real one.

Sociology major?

Also, its not just whites...

Those of us who are privileged (white or not) have a responsibility to realize we have been given something others haven't I'm not saying anyone shouldfeel guilty, but this feeling of "entitlement" is whats causing others to feel "salty". Its a demoralizing feeling when privileged groupstell you to "work harder" when you're from the inner city and no one in your family has ever been to college. When we grow up in privilege wereally don't realize what a lot of people go through. A lot of minorities are "pigeonholed" and singled out to do mundane labor/work.

Another example....Believe it or not, if you're man, you're privileged. All men are privileged, every single one of us. Why? Because men on average getpaid more for the same jobs a woman may have. We're far more likely to get most jobs. We're not subject to objectification (for the most part).We're not subject to the same type of abuses. However we are subject to more opportunities.

Think of this right now. At this moment every other African American male in this country is unemployed. Every third hispanic/latino male is also unemployed.When companies do lay offs they usually kill off their mundane labor force. Jobs that minorities are steered into doing from the get go.

I don't mind it, but it does get annoying when you're chillin w/ your rich friends and they're always trying to eat out, not even for dinner but for lunch too, and want you to move in with them at a spot where you would never be willing to pay that much for rent. Or when you just don't have any money and everything they want to do involves bread.
eyes.gif
mad.gif
boy do I feel you on that one.......

Its a demoralizing feeling when privileged groups tell you to "work harder" when you're from the inner city and no one in your family has ever been to college. When we grow up in privilege we really don't realize what a lot of people go through. A lot of minorities are "pigeonholed" and singled out to do mundane labor/work.

What are you going to do? Conception is a lottery.... you talk about people being pigeonholed when these little girls and boys continue to make babies. Yeahsome are disadvantaged, but oppurtunities are here. (If you live in NYC theres almost no excuse to not be in school..... they give financial aid, and my +@#has to pay out of pocket...)

socaking wrote:

Its a demoralizing feeling when privileged groups tell you to "work harder" when you're from the inner city and no one in your family has ever been to college. When we grow up in privilege we really don't realize what a lot of people go through. A lot of minorities are "pigeonholed" and singled out to do mundane labor/work.

What are you going to do? Conception is a lottery.... you talk about people being pigeonholed when these little girls and boys continue to make babies. Yeah some are disadvantaged, but oppurtunities are here. (If you live in NYC theres almost no excuse to not be in school..... they give financial aid, and my +@# has to pay out of pocket...)

Yet theres still so many people who don't have those opportunities. Listen I'm all for equal opportunity employment movements, financial aid, andaffirmative action. However thats not going to undo years of oppression and institutional segregation.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I couldn't care less.
Cosign. I know some good people born into money that I am friends with and some jerks. Its all about how their parents raise them.

This.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

talking about it will not make you rich. poor people always got someone to blame.
Are you implying that people in this thread are poor for talking about this?

Edit: You know what, don't even reply to that. You're the absolute last person on this board I'd expect an educated response from.

If you think race has nothing to do with it then you're completely blind. You obviously don't know a thing about redlining or how minority communities were purposefully denied advantages whites were and how it still effects people today.
that would be a mighty stupid assumption. especially considering what my degree was in.

there's still much left to be accomplished, but let's not talk like we're stuck in the 60's. you'd be putting down the accomplishments andachievements of tons of minority families.

socaking wrote:

What are you going to do? Conception is a lottery.... you talk about people being pigeonholed when these little girls and boys continue to make babies. Yeah some are disadvantaged, but oppurtunities are here. (If you live in NYC theres almost no excuse to not be in school..... they give financial aid, and my +@# has to pay out of pocket...)

Yet theres still so many people who don't have those opportunities. Listen I'm all for equal opportunity employment movements, financial aid, and affirmative action. However thats not going to undo years of oppression and institutional segregation.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You want a refund or something???????

Want a head start or something? 10 yard for free?

You talk being born white nowadays is baggage. Don't you understand white people still have to struggle? Why can't you just live your life? Don'tyou read the bible? Paul said love the state you are in. Don't you get it? DO you have eyes and can not see? do you have ears and can not hear? Do youstill not understand.

Stop this lemme pay back a whole community for what grand grandpa did.

You know dearly AA is as poorly implemented as possible. You know that segregated work places get treated poorly. Tax dollars cover what you want. What aboutthe abuse of welfare aid packages on new immigrants and minorities? 4% of the population gets welfare YOU ADD THAT UP GARDEN TOOL.

nice arguments . i definetly see sneakerheathen's point. its crazy looking how uneven the playing field is. odds of success are lowered. its like your backis against the wall trying to break through... generations of that familys legacy is continued with ease.. its like 10-12 factors all going against the normalpeople in society.

i can just see the upper class say "work harder" when success was literally guranteed upon coming out of your mom. hypocritical situations that breedwhat i consider warranted hatred

I don't hate those born into money. They were fortunate to be in that situation. However, w/ money comes no responsibility and no work ethic. Moneydoesn't last forever but the things we learn growin up w/o all that money is way more valuable than whatever that "rich" person has.

I get down sometimes because I'm 23 and dudes that are my age or younger are travelin the world, in the league makin 7figures, etc. but then I realize thataint my route and I'll get there someday if I'm supposed to

socaking wrote:

Yet theres still so many people who don't have those opportunities. Listen I'm all for equal opportunity employment movements, financial aid, and affirmative action. However thats not going to undo years of oppression and institutional segregation.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You talk being born white nowadays is baggage. Don't you understand white people still have to struggle? Why can't you just live your life? Don't you read the bible? Paul said love the state you are in. Don't you get it? DO you have eyes and can not see? do you have ears and can not hear? Do you still not understand.

You know dearly AA is as poorly implemented as possible. You know that segregated work places get treated poorly. Tax dollars cover what you want. What about the abuse of welfare aid packages on new immigrants and minorities? 4% of the population gets welfare YOU ADD THAT UP GARDEN TOOL.

something i actually agree with you on. as i said before, a lot of my friends' families are well off and a lot of them are minorities.

this sneakerheathen just seems like a jaded, apologist type who is totally brainwashed. all races have people struggling.

well thats why "us people" need to work hard and become sucessful in life so we would be those parent to our children even tho it didnt happen to usfrom our parents when we were young.

socaking wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You talk being born white nowadays is baggage. Don't you understand white people still have to struggle? Why can't you just live your life? Don't you read the bible? Paul said love the state you are in. Don't you get it? DO you have eyes and can not see? do you have ears and can not hear? Do you still not understand.

You know dearly AA is as poorly implemented as possible. You know that segregated work places get treated poorly. Tax dollars cover what you want. What about the abuse of welfare aid packages on new immigrants and minorities? 4% of the population gets welfare YOU ADD THAT UP GARDEN TOOL.

White people that struggle still have more privilege than minorities that struggle do. Why? Because they're white. Being white is a privilegeonto its own.

BTW, I don't read the bible. I'm Muslim.

Another thing....White people collect more welfare than minorities. Don't act like government funding is being allocated fairly into the right placesbecause its not.

You're reacting the way I'd expect you to act. Someone who feels entitled to what they have, and gets defensive when someone such as my self presentsyou with facts. You counter with insults and hollow justification. You also assume that I'm poor or unprivileged, where you're wrong on both counts.I'm simply a privileged individual who doesn't make excuses or ignore the historical impact on the contemporary.

BTW immigrants wouldn't be hurting our tax dollars if dominant groups didn't exploit them for cheap labor (underpaid). Dominant groups need to look inthe mirror and think about how they contribute to the nation's financial conundrum.

to me its cool as long as u dont try to front like "YOU" did something to get where u are and u are grateful i perfect example is the guy with thecar he comes in like he is doin it but yet hasnt done nothing but be born into a rich fam

but honestly i could careless and the people u hate are probably just jealous (kind of like myself)

What world do you live in? Mars? Get outta my planet dawg.

No wonder you keep failing college courses. You're a complete imbecile.

DUH!!!!!!!

Stop it, you love it.

Ol' garden tool complains more than jealous folks. Your so insecure about what class you belong too.
laugh.gif
@ muslims not getting any treatment? You have no eyes
glasses.gif
nerd.gif

You just mad you're not with the person you want to be with.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

DUH!!!!!!!

Stop it, you love it.

Ol' garden tool complains more than jealous folks. Your so insecure about what class you belong too.
laugh.gif
@ muslims not getting any treatment? You have no eyes
glasses.gif
nerd.gif

You just mad you're not with the person you want to be with.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
When did I say "muslims not getting any treatment". You told me to read the bible and I responded with "I'm Muslim".

I'm with exactly who I want to be with btw...Don't bring theology into this.

Go play some world of warcraft son, intelligent conversations are not your thing.

I'm happy for em.

But sometimes they try to hard to be cool. I know a few dudes that grew into money, but go around flexing like they make money in the street and $*$. They wanabe like us when they got it all. I'm like "I would love to be in your shoes, this $*$ ain't cool".

That's the only thing I hate bout spoiled rich kids, they wana be street

Back
Top Bottom