bottle service : greatest hustle ever?

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I don't think that is how much the liquor companies priced those bottles for. So whomever came up wit' those prices on that list is an idiot.

However, the fool of the night is whoever actually pays for any of that. IT'S LIQUOR!

Celebrities are willing to spend mortgage/rent money on a bottle of.... liquor?! This world really is on a downward spiral.

I wouldn't even have the thought of spendin' even $200 on a bottle of alchohol.
30t6p3b.gif
lebron-james-100000-las-vegas-nightclub-receipt-11419-1305553848-6.jpg

Lebum

Jus' look at that. LeBron got a $99 million dollar contract and all, but does he not feel stupid when he sees this tab? IT'S LIQUOR 

Originally Posted by illphillip

30t6p3b.gif

I have bottles in the crib that cost that.

You'll understand someday.

Maybe.

Yup yup - and you can enjoy that same bottle for weeks/months...
...droppin' $4,900 in a club for a bottle that'll last 1 hour (at the most) is the dumbest %%## I've ever heard - that %%## is costing you $81 a minute.

everyone saying it's a waste of money has never even got it.. IMO it's def worth it, it all depends on where youre at. in my hometown a bottle of henn for bottle service is $250+tax. In vegas One bottle is $700 thats including tax and tip. you split it 4 ways.. don't knock it til you try it.. some people like myself pregame before the club and still get bottle service

I think the only people who say it's stupid are the people who never do it. I can honestly say every time I've gotten bottle service I've had an amazing night. You're not paying for the liquor, you're paying for the experience

Originally Posted by mco85

I think the only people who say it's stupid are the people who never do it. I can honestly say every time I've gotten bottle service I've had an amazing night. You're not paying for the liquor, you're paying for the experience

eyes.gif
at "experience"

its a club/lounge , cut the nonsense

ive done it plently of times, the next morning i look back and im like
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

it was waste of money regardless how you look at it, your paying 200% - 500% above MSRP for an "experience"

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

30t6p3b.gif

Maybe.

...droppin' $4,900 in a club for a bottle that'll last 1 hour (at the most) is the dumbest %%## I've ever heard - that %%## is costing you $81 a minute.
Correct. But it's all relative to your tastes and what you can afford.

Think about your bank account vs. Lebrons. That 4,900 to him is like 4.99 to me and you.

And people are looking at that receipt in a vacuum. Every occasion is different. Sometimes you're trying to celebrate and go HARD. At that point, you're not nickel and diming.

And like dude said, the experience counts for something as well. The comfort, the space. The convenience. That all factors into that price.

I've been with a few idiot friends who were willing to pay for it. It's not worth it. I can at least understand when ppl wanna say wine cost a couple grand cuz it's from 1885 but new liquor? That's not even that strong? Add to the fact that the other stuff you claim your paying for is you basically being hustled. All the fine skeezers see you as a nobody with a lot of money to waste looking for attention, how much more money you about to spend on some broad just to smash?

Experience my %%$. You aint even breaking even. Now if you just with the dude(s) wasting money then the experience is priceless
pimp.gif
Convince that fool to do it every week.

Originally Posted by mco85

This. I've done it on a couple of occasions and it was WELL worth it. Next time I plan of doing it is when my friend gets his bar results back 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe.

Think about your bank account vs. Lebrons. That 4,900 to him is like 4.99 to me and you.

And people are looking at that receipt in a vacuum. Every occasion is different. Sometimes you're trying to celebrate and go HARD. At that point, you're not nickel and diming.

And like dude said, the experience counts for something as well. The comfort, the space. The convenience. That all factors into that price.
108 for a twelve pack of bud light, im good 
laugh.gif

I've gotten bottle service before but never spent like that. On my birthday I spent $300 for 2 bottles of Vodka including tip. Even then I hesitated to give the hostess my credit card.
sick.gif

I could never see myself spending G's so other people can get drunk 

It's funny how people talk about a waste of money. Inventory your life and take a serious look at all the things that could qualify as a "waste of money".

If you're not Amish, a lot of what you're consuming can qualify as a waste of money.

If you have it, enjoy it as you see fit. You can't take it with you. If your bills are paid, and your family is good, then do as you please.

If you want to go to certain places and enjoy yourself, then this is the cost. Look at the receipt. They're paying $8 for bottle of water.

You don't have to pay that if you want to watch 2 toothless strippers on the pole at the local Booby Trap. But if you want to ball out in an ill spot in Vegas, you gotta pay to play.

Another example, when I go on the road, the mini bar prices are STUPID in the hotel. But sometimes you can't leave a get a bottle of water. So you pay it. That's life.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

laugh.gif

But Joe Billionaire, you've never paid for an overprices beer?

This ain't happy hour we're talking about here.

And why are we using Lebron's receipt as an example?

None of us are even in the same financial stratosphere. @#%* isn't even comparable.

From a recent New Yorker article on the gambling and entertainment mecca that is Macau:

"What do you want to be, and what will you pay to be it?"

That's bottle service in a nutshell.

laugh.gif

But Joe Billionaire, you've never paid for an overprices beer?

This ain't happy hour we're talking about here.
yeah but not 108 for a 12 pack...ball park prices are 9$ for a 22oz of beer 
so if ballers are fine paying outrageous prices for drinking how come the same ballers arent paying 200 an 8th? or 600 for a half o or 1000 an zip? 

OK, but $9 for a 22oz beer isn't a "waste of money" that people still consume? Is that 22 in a bottle? I could have sworn you just get a cup last time I went and I'm not sure it's 22oz.

Your parallel would seem to prove my point more than it refutes it. Why do people pay for a skybox?

Baseball stadium vs. Vegas nightclub and the difference is you're paying the same for 10 more ounces at a Baseball game. Where you don't have your own booth or waitress.

It's all relative to me.

And paying $9 for a Bud Light has nothing to do with table service BTW. That's just what a bottle costs at that bar.

I have no idea what ballers are paying for trees. I'm not even sure where you're going there.

But the same way some people pay more for 2 gram cubes to be delivered when they could probably pay the same for a full 1/8th or even less if they copped a z, it's all relative to your means (how much you have, who you know etc.) and convenience plays a role. 

Maybe.

Everything you just typed is true...
...but I still couldn't do it. 
laugh.gif

Account on overdraft, or checks lookin' like phone numbers - the older I've gotten the more I respect the value of a dollar...

...I'd do that !$%@ like Martin when he bought everybody a drink in Nipsey's: "ONE beer - sip and pass!!" 
laugh.gif

..."Ballin's all good, but this !$%@ is just wasteful." (c) T.I.

I aint even gonna lie...
Went to a club about 3 weeks ago for my bday...had a table....They played Wiz's My Favorite Song for me AND the skit when he talks after the song...I think I copped 2 more bottles in the time frame of that one song 
laugh.gif
 I was feelin myself like
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
....roughly 9 hours later I was sitting on the edge of my bed like 
tired.gif
frown.gif

yeah but not 108 for a 12 pack...ball park prices are 9$ for a 22oz of beer 
so if ballers are fine paying outrageous prices for drinking how come the same ballers arent paying 200 an 8th? or 600 for a half o or 1000 an zip? 

3792fedor_rogers_decapitation.gif

and its really wack if you roll wit just one other person or dolo, cuz then what....even if you do mess around and cop a bottle, what you're gonna do..get a table all by your lonesome? #foreveralone

Ninja...been to Vegas with just my boy and we copped a table. 9.9999999 outta 10...you cop a table and invite chicks...its nothing to get them to chill with you. Unless you resembling popeye jones without the height...you aint gonna be lonely. You might feel like Master Simper the next day having birds you aint smash sip your liquor...but that's life. yolo.

Back
Top Bottom