bottom-loaded zoom air?

i first started hearing about this with the Air Jordan 2010 in the video for it. check out the video at 5:50 and for an even more detailed explanation (iguess), 7:27.

sc201015v.jpg

and then with the upcoming Alpha Air Jordan 1, which is said to, also, have full-length, bottom-load zoom air bag.
via SC:
To help usher in the brand's 25th Anniversary year, the Alpha Air Jordan 1 will be releasing in the Spring of 2010, paying tribute to the shoe that started it all. With the modern update comes several upgrades in both technology and construction, as the antiquated Air-Sole unit is replaced with a full-length, bottom-loaded Zoom Air bag that is encased in a cored out Phylon midsole. Along the upper, the iconic design lines and cues are married by no-sew overlays and perforated inlays, keeping the same appearance from afar. Along the heel, notice the ode to the XX3, as the Alpha Air Jordan 1 features the plush and environmentally friendly mesh lining found on the now classic model. The Alpha Air Jordan 1 will be releasing in the four colorways seen below this upcoming Spring season, with the Black/Varsity Red/White dropping first in January, and the rest in March, all retailing for $125 each.

so, from top to bottom, insole -> foam cushion -> zoom air is > insole -> zoom air -> foam cushion?

this shoes better be a performing beast or i wouldnt even buy for 20 bucks. One of the ugliest shoes from JB

Im thinking this thing will be very versatile and breathable. Looks like a major step up from the stiff AJ2009s.

I just wanna see how they feel.

There's been Nike Runners with bottom-loaded Zoom Air, as Tinker mentioned in the video. I believe the Zoom Spiridon for example was bottom-loaded if youlook at the plate underfoot, for example, but don't quote me on that one. It's not a revolutionary leap in cushioning technology, but it DOES make theshoe closer to the ground as Tink mentioned because the Zoom Air unit isn't fully encased and surrounded by foam - much of the foam is cored out andyou're directly hitting and dispersing the bag against the rubber outsole...

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

Isnt that the same setup that they used in the Kobe II?

Could've sworn my Kobe 2s (lite) have zoom in the sockliner?
I doubt it cause i have a pair, but i dont know for sure since i cant take the sockliner out. I dont know what kind of glue they used but itsstrong as hell.

Originally Posted by Steez

There's been Nike Runners with bottom-loaded Zoom Air, as Tinker mentioned in the video. I believe the Zoom Spiridon for example was bottom-loaded if you look at the plate underfoot, for example, but don't quote me on that one. It's not a revolutionary leap in cushioning technology, but it DOES make the shoe closer to the ground as Tink mentioned because the Zoom Air unit isn't fully encased and surrounded by foam - much of the foam is cored out and you're directly hitting and dispersing the bag against the rubber outsole...

I hope its not like the Zoom Spiridon. Those kinda werent good.

its gonna be just like the lebron 4, but slightly less squishy since that zoom was bottom loaded under an inch of phylon.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

>I doubt it cause i have a pair, but i dont know for sure since i cant take the sockliner out. I dont know what kind of glue they used but its strong as hell.

The sockliner feels so 'springy' and thick compared to the thin outsole that i figured the zoom is probably in the sockliner.

But the sockliner in mine is pretty securely in there too, so i can't be certain.

Back
Top Bottom