Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

I have so many stories regarding the 97-98 season personally. From the shoes to the games. I really want to here more from you guys about your thoughts of what you have seen so far in episodes 1 and 2. Along with what some may have lived through personally . lol.
Michael Jordan represented what was genuine about competition. Did he do everything right? Well, thats def a debate.

Glad we have a thread in this forum. I don't post much if at all in the others. I am hoping and am confident we get a shot or 2 with a shoe or colorway we havent seen mj wear before.

When Chicago won their 5th, there were already talks about the rift between. Personally while I was happy as hell about that champoinship', the thought of it all getting broken up before the 97-98 season was frightening. Sports Illustrated was my go to. Just like most people.

Glad we have a thread in this forum. I don't post much if at all in the others. I am hoping and am confident we get a shot or 2 with a shoe or colorway we havent seen mj wear before.
gettyimages-973244980-1024x1024.jpg
uirlsxadpys6yrbo1frv.jpg
This must happen to make my life complete.

The 97-98 year was my junior year in high school. I had the white black toe 13s right away. Only one in school that had em. No one cared but me back then in my school.lol It was only my 2nd pair ever purchased with my own earned work money with a legit job. Seeing them in a SI mag pic along with Slam tribute to MJ sold me.

The first 2 episodes really villianized Krause. While I agree he was kind of a prick, he still was able to put together a good team. Reinsdorf was just as much responsible in my opinion. He was THE boss and had the chance to stop all of what Krause was wanting.
I truly believe MJ, Pip, and Phil deserved the credit they were getting. Krause just seemed to want more. And I dont know why. His job was to be behind the scenes while those three were in the front. It s like he wanted the same cred as them, which would be impossible.

Chicagos have exploded in price since Sunday lol
Really? I still think those are underrated overall. Those actually imo look better than the black toes. Even though the black toes have a higher nostalgia meaning to me.
I remember the first time I saw him wearing those on TV. Just like the white red 12s /i thought they were pes just for him.

the younger generation will finally see the real GOAT in action: the Last Shot XIVs

beastly traction
super bouncy articulated zoom
asymmetric collar that had the low cut feel in a mid cut shoe

There's nothing GOAT about the 14s lol. They were comfortable and good basketball kicks but there are better all around basketball shoes in the Jordan signature line

in my personal opinion, I'd say the 13s. This is assuming we're talking OGs and not retro trash quality. I prefer high top ball shoes and they have the zoom just like the 14. Playoff 13s are one of the best looking model+colorway combo he ever wore
Thats fair.

It's too bad the bulls broke up for 98-99. With the strike shortened season, it would have been perfect for their aging roster. While Krause was a full blown heel, Reinsdorf needs equal blame. He was the boss and everything ultimately went through him. I wonder if he had reasons to want to break it up. If I'm an owner and I have the GOAT on my team, best believe I'm getting as long of a run as I can. From a business standpoint, even if they didnt win for a few years after 98 they would still be printing money.

It's too bad the bulls broke up for 98-99. With the strike shortened season, it would have been perfect for their aging roster. While Krause was a full blown heel, Reinsdorf needs equal blame. He was the boss and everything ultimately went through him. I wonder if he had reasons to want to break it up. If I'm an owner and I have the GOAT on my team, best believe I'm getting as long of a run as I can. From a business standpoint, even if they didnt win for a few years after 98 they would still be printing money.
They should have had a chance to defend until they were beat.

Jerry Reinsdorf and Phil deserve the blame for the demise of the Bulls;
- Krause told Scottie not to sign that contract that Reinsdorf offered him.
-A good owner steps in and solves problems between the GM and the coach.
-Phil was flirting with the Magic which won’t be mentioned in the documentary. Because he knew the Bulls time was running out for multiple reasons and he wanted more power and money.
-Reinsdorf was too hands off and he should have offered Pippen bonus money or restructured his contract.

I think it’s kind of bad to paint this picture of a dead man being the villain. I get it Krause was a jerk but Phil Jackson and Reinsdorf have many flaws too. Phil did this in LA where anytime there’s a problem he gets the players on his side and points the finger at management whether it’s legit or not. Phil was always jealous of Jerry West and Jerry Krause. I guess we can say after Phils stint with the Knicks there’s a reason Chicago and Los Angeles never gave him that power. By the way Tex Winter deserves more credit then Phil, Reinsdorf or Krause.

Also, pretty dumb to have Bill Clinton and Barack Obama on there. It’s been proven they rarely watch basketball. Barack is into the White Sox and Bears, his Wikipedia page doesn’t even mention him being a bulls fan. And if both are such a close friend of Michaels way to step in and help a brother out during the All-Star Game fiasco in Charlotte a few years back and make his franchise and many others pay more taxes.

Jerry Reinsdorf and Phil deserve the blame for the demise of the Bulls;
- Krause told Scottie not to sign that contract that Reinsdorf offered him.
-A good owner steps in and solves problems between the GM and the coach.
-Phil was flirting with the Magic which won’t be mentioned in the documentary. Because he knew the Bulls time was running out for multiple reasons and he wanted more power and money.
-Reinsdorf was too hands off and he should have offered Pippen bonus money or restructured his contract.

I think it’s kind of bad to paint this picture of a dead man being the villain. I get it Krause was a jerk but Phil Jackson and Reinsdorf have many flaws too. Phil did this in LA where anytime there’s a problem he gets the players on his side and points the finger at management whether it’s legit or not. Phil was always jealous of Jerry West and Jerry Krause. I guess we can say after Phils stint with the Knicks there’s a reason Chicago and Los Angeles never gave him that power. By the way Tex Winter deserves more credit then Phil, Reinsdorf or Krause.
I think ALL played a roll in the demise of that team.

in my personal opinion, I'd say the 13s. This is assuming we're talking OGs and not retro trash quality. I prefer high top ball shoes and they have the zoom just like the 14. Playoff 13s are one of the best looking model+colorway combo he ever wore
Did you play in the original XIV?

The XIII is my favorite Jordan, as you can probably tell by my SN choice, and have been since the OG in 1998, but the performance of the OG XIV was undeniable. Most of the modern AJs barely see them on the court, and that's with the advantage of current "tech". The only drawback the OG XIV would has is that uses natural materials for the upper that don't hold up against the current fuse/mesh uppers. Everything else is still being used today. Phylon midsole, zoom air, herringbone traction.

Back
Top Bottom