Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

The Last Dance DMP pack. I didn’t take any pics of just the 13/14s so these pics include all the DMPs I own. I love the box of the Last Dance DMPs w/the stats
86895FCD-EE0F-4D27-8511-C3FF1DAF3CD0.jpeg
97088FAC-5B6E-4CDC-BE06-F96FE3362BC7.jpeg
849F7391-6678-4EDB-8E69-C3A32DA5F8E3.jpeg

I wish MJ had called it quits for good after 98. That entire Wizards run was a disaster and it really kills a lot of the magic seeing him wear Jumpman FBIs on court and miss the playoffs for two consequence seasons with a trash team (including his final NBA game which was a blowout loss to the 76ers).

XIVs should’ve been the last shoe he wore on court and that should’ve truly been the last shot instead we have to acknowledge the disaster that were the MJ Wizards years.
17s and 18s are two of the nicest kicks he ever wore on court... He also wore the Ginger 16s for the Wizards. The Wizards kicks were legit.

Nobody is going to come in here and derail this thread. I think this thread should be allowed here so it is.

I agree.

My thoughts on the doc so far. I don't think I blinked once.

They've done an amazing job setting up the "characters" and context for those who aren't necessarily MJ or basketball fans. Seeing the doubters from Rod Thorn publicly stating he wished MJ was 7'1 to guys like Mark Eaton and others thinking MJ was just one guy and couldn't make an impact is great. Just shows you that everything Mike got was earned, including his championships, there were plenty of doubters along the way, but Mike was a force from the word go, and they capture that. That's something you would know only if you lived it or get to watch a doc like this. And I hope they show more of that. Overcoming odds, age, doubters and tough opponents.

I am disappointed that the blame for the Bulls being broken up is falling only on Krause. The two Jerrys are equally to blame. I STILL don't know why they both seemingly hated winning and resented Phil, Scottie and Michael for it. Reinsdorf telling MJ to his face that'd he'd eventually regret paying MJ $30M was so disrespectful and gives you an idea of the type of man he is.

The stuff from practice is gold, Mike going at Tony, Burrell and Harp is great because as much as you hear the stories you never got to see it. How he was doing it to motivate and toughen guys up. I never saw it as malicious. I wonder if we ever see Mike correcting Pip? Or vice versa?

Here's Burrell's take from his time with MJ:

"I just hope people don't get a bad view of Michael after this movie," Burrell said. "What he said and what he did in practice, the way he pushed me, was all in motivation, to motivate me to be a better player, to be mentally prepared for any tough challenge that might face me during that year. There's nothing like playing for the Chicago Bulls... You have to be ready every day, and that's what he wanted me to be to make myself better and make the team better. "

One good thing for the wizard years was that i was finally able to go watch him live against the NY teams. Even though he was not the same player I watched growing up, I get to tell my kids I got to watch the GOAT in person.

He was far from the league GOAT during those years. The Wizards are one of the worst franchises in all of pro-sports and a disgrace to the sport of basketball and the DMV. They’ve gone OVER 40+ years without even making the ECF. I can almost guarantee you MJ regrets playing there specifically, especially considering he never got any ownership stake in the franchise ultimately.

17s and 18s are two of the nicest kicks he ever wore on court... He also wore the Ginger 16s for the Wizards. The Wizards kicks were legit.

Too bad the Wizards are a horrible franchise. I still can’t believe the team was so bad they couldn’t even make the playoffs... In a weird way, that kind of suits the Wizards and 40+ years of horrible luck mixed with a lot of gross mismanagement lol They’re basically the Cleveland Browns of the NBA.

Remember the Wizards in MJs first year went on a mid season tare and were one of the top defensive teams and then MJ had knee problems and the team had other injuries. Also, the Eastern Conference was very tough at that time; Nets, Pacers, Hornets,Pistons, Sixers,Celtics, Magic, Heat, Raptors, Bucks.

the resale of the chicago 1's was always overpriced anyway... gives me more reason to not pay resale since its just not worth it... and ill wait until sunday to watch the new episodes no need for me to go online now and watch them...now i have a reason to look forward to sunday lol

I wish MJ had called it quits for good after 98. That entire Wizards run was a disaster and it really kills a lot of the magic seeing him wear Jumpman FBIs on court and miss the playoffs for two consequence seasons with a trash team (including his final NBA game which was a blowout loss to the 76ers).

XIVs should’ve been the last shoe he wore on court and that should’ve truly been the last shot instead we have to acknowledge the disaster that were the MJ Wizards years.
Disagree completely, he is still considered the GOAT even with the Wizard Years. He honestly came back to help the team get better even though Abe screwed him after he was done. He only sold out every game when he came back and made the Wizards a team that people wanted to watch. He could have avg 30 points easily with this team, but he wasn't trying to be the MJ of old, he was trying to teach. The back to back games with 51 and 45 around Christmas time proved he could still be that MJ when he wanted to be. He still had all of the smarts and the fade away jumper that was unstoppable (Just ask Shawn Marion) and that was with his finger messed up from cutting it in 1999 with a cigar trimmer. And they would have made the playoffs in 2001 if Jordan's knees wouldn't have acted up. They were 26-21 at the all-star break and were 15-1 in a 16 game stretch before Jordan got hurt banging his knee with stupid *** Etan Thomas. And Jordan was one of 3 players that avg 25 pts, 5 assists 6 rebounds at the all-star break. So in my opinion it was not a disaster at all.

Disagree completely, he is still considered the GOAT even with the Wizard Years. He honestly came back to help the team get better even though Abe screwed him after he was done. He only sold out every game when he came back and made the Wizards a team that people wanted to watch. He could have avg 30 points easily with this team, but he wasn't trying to be the MJ of old, he was trying to teach. The back to back games with 51 and 45 around Christmas time proved he could still be that MJ when he wanted to be. He still had all of the smarts and the fade away jumper that was unstoppable (Just ask Shawn Marion) and that was with his finger messed up from cutting it in 1999 with a cigar trimmer. And they would have made the playoffs in 2001 if Jordan's knees wouldn't have acted up. They were 26-21 at the all-star break and were 15-1 in a 16 game stretch before Jordan got hurt banging his knee with stupid *** Etan Thomas. And Jordan was one of 3 players that avg 25 pts, 5 assists 6 rebounds at the all-star break. So in my opinion it was not a disaster at all.

The fact still stands, the Wizards were a miserable team that didn’t make the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference for 2 YEARS straight. MJ was solid for his age but the Wizards were (and, ironically, still are) a disaster of a franchise.

Why do you think MJ rarely ever addresses his time there? Re-read the famous WaPo article about MJ’s last year there, he was not happy. The Wizards are a shameful franchise, even before all the Gil controversies and the Ernie Grunfeld era. They just get a pass because the Skins are so much worse as a pro-sports franchise in DC (and are ironically losing ground here in DC to the Ravens).

the younger generation will finally see the real GOAT in action: the Last Shot XIVs

beastly traction
super bouncy articulated zoom
asymmetric collar that had the low cut feel in a mid cut shoe

Agree 100. These are still my go to performance Jordan. I used to play in an OG pair of Indiglo back in the day. Fell in love with that shoe for the court. On the rare occasion when I lace up to play as an old man, I'm wearing my retro last shots.

My first pair of Jordans was the bordeaux VII which at the time I didn't even really want because I was a huge lakers fan growing up in the 80's. I tried not to like MJ but the 1991 made me realize he was the future.

Last edited:

These are “legit”? The only thing worse than these kicks is the Wizards franchise. These are EASILY the worst shoes MJ has ever worn on court (even including the AJ 1 hybrids here).. Idk what he was thinking, these are horrible.

061A870B-E835-4428-A86D-B2861B042A7B.jpeg

7C3F227C-875C-4E39-A3A3-7B9A17F612D0.png

E5A15821-3CA6-4955-A110-D2FA575ED813.jpeg

Last edited:
These are “legit”? The only thing worse than these kicks is the Wizards franchise. These are EASILY the worst shoes MJ has ever worn on court (even including the AJ 1 hybrids here).. Idk what he was thinking, these are horrible.

061A870B-E835-4428-A86D-B2861B042A7B.jpeg

7C3F227C-875C-4E39-A3A3-7B9A17F612D0.png

E5A15821-3CA6-4955-A110-D2FA575ED813.jpeg
Obviously I was not referencing the team FBIs, just the 16s 17s 18s... 18s are the most comfortable shoe he ever played in.

gettyimages-973244980-1024x1024.jpg
uirlsxadpys6yrbo1frv.jpg
This must happen to make my life complete.
Agreed. I’ve been dying for these. Almost got them a few years ago back in 2015, but they gave them a red collar and a gold jumpman instead.

You also posted the OTHER version of these that I personally wanted maybe even more so ... the all black with red sole true “black cat” 13 low. He wore both these low top versions of the XIII in the ECF vs Pacers and Finals vs the Jazz:

D60F5F44-349C-44A3-9134-5F4280EEDDBA.jpeg

Wonder if these were the white pod ones with colored in via sharpie or were legit all blacked out. Either way, both of them are mean as ****.

I rocked the brave blue low 13s for my school team that 1998 season in 8th grade. Good times. Simpler days of childhood.

Obviously I was not referencing the team FBIs, just the 16s 17s 18s... 18s are the most comfortable shoe he ever played in.
16's were a great shoe. I used to do customs of the gingers. They were easy to get off eBay at the time as no one really liked them on release. I'd dye them and paint the midsoles. Marked them up a bit but it wasn't worth the hours I put in. Anyhow, sold a pair to a guy in FLorida that worked at a gym there and one day Roy Jones Jr. was there and he asked the dude "Who does your J's". I was super proud. RJJ the GOAT of boxing liked my customs - :smokin

On one end it did tarnish his legacy a little bit ... a lot so statistically. 32 ppg career average to just edging out Wilt with 30 ppg.

It made him seem more human and less godly.

But at the same time it added to his legend and made him likable. Showed even without absurd athleticism he was still a ridiculously crafty, intelligent, skilled, and productive / impactful player.

And just how competitive he was ... to even risk his legendary status to face guys 20 years younger than him and in their prime. That’s extreme levels of competitiveness and fearlessness.

And he more than held his own and in many cases got the better of younger players.

Not to mention his whole road to his comeback was derailed, as per Ron Artest, he was torturing guys at hoops the gym, and Ron Artest being so psychotic, got so frustrated he broke Michael’s ribs delaying the come back a couple months. And ultimately setting him back. Three years of atrophy, not playing, a lot of weight gain ... took it’s toll.

It’s more difficult to not play and not stay in shape and come back then it is just to maintain your body at a high athletic level and continue to play. That’s why when LeBron stands say he took two and then three years off of rest like he was in a frozen block of ice like Captain America, it’s utterly stupid.

In 2001-2002 he was 38.5 and 39 years old.

In 2002 - 2003 he was 39.5 and 40 years old.

With a bad knee. Age and revolution around the sun in terms of age dictates how the body recovers as opposed to vague arbitrary generalities and theories of “NBA mileage”.

Michael also played the vast majority of his career in a more physical NBA where it was more sport-based and less entertainment based with the rules set to allow freedom of movement and high scores for the casual viewer. So the level of physicality in the minutes he played was more impactful on his body long-term.

The level of physicality and difficult scoring climate, from the Pistons and the Knicks in the late 80s and early 90s. And more so the entire league in the late grind it out 90s through the early 2000’s makes it damn near an entirely different sport than the pace / space and freedom of no touch movement, no rim enforcers, PFs, or rim protection from centers we see now.

Lanes were congested. Minimal space and if you got to the rim you had to be brave and fearless.

After getting off to a slow start, the 2002 wizards dramatically improved. All due to Jordan. Because before he injured his knee against the Kings right before All-Star break, they were on a long winning streak. Beating many of the top teams in the league and especially in the Eastern conference. They were well on their way to a high 40, low 50 win pace. Even as it stands Jordan dramatically improved in essence the same crappy roster from the year before.

In his last 20 games up to the injury he averaged 27.5 - 6.4 - 5.2 - 1.3 - 0.5 on 44%

In his last 10 games up to the injury he averaged 29.7 - 6.6 - 6.1 - 1.2 - 0.3 on 47%

In the 46 games that Jordan played in 01/02 before the injury, he averaged

25.1 - 6.2 - 5.3 - 1.5 - 0.5 on 42%

Only other player doing it at the time of the season was this guy ... in his prime 23 year old cover band derivative Jordan, in young Frobe Bryant:

03ED55B6-7C73-44F4-A01B-E774EE2B76C3.png

Take note, that’s 39 year old Floor Jordan. In full on Yoda mode.

His sidekick, rookie RIP Hamilton missed 5 weeks in that time due to a groin injury but when he was on the floor with Mike the Wizards were 15-1 in the last 16 games that both Jordan and Rip Hamilton played together up to and including the game where Mike officially injured his knee. 26-20 before Mike’s knee injury. A 56% win percentage

5965D0BD-CB3F-46CD-BD4C-20110A25388B.jpeg

BTW, only other player to average 25/6/5 to end the 2002 season, was in his prime Tracy McGrady.

The fact still stands, the Wizards were a miserable team that didn’t make the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference for 2 YEARS straight. MJ was solid for his age but the Wizards were (and, ironically, still are) a disaster of a franchise.

Why do you think MJ rarely ever addresses his time there? Re-read the famous WaPo article about MJ’s last year there, he was not happy. The Wizards are a shameful franchise, even before all the Gil controversies and the Ernie Grunfeld era. They just get a pass because the Skins are so much worse as a pro-sports franchise in DC (and are ironically losing ground here in DC to the Ravens).
No, Michael doesn’t mention it because he was screwed.
The whole reason he came back to play for the wizards, while simultaneously donating his entire player salary to the 9/11 relief fund. Was because he knew him coming back on the floor would sell tickets and would raise the value of the organization exponentially.
Abe Pollin, the owner, promised Michael a part ownership of the franchise.

All he did was use Mike to sell tickets and merchandise, then fired Mike after those two seasons.

That’s truly why Michael came back and played for the wizards, and that’s also why he doesn’t mention it.

He got scammed by a grimy Abe Pollin. You’re being ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom