Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

I grew up in the bay area and the last 3peat were my intermediate school years, 6th, 7th and 8th grade. One of my buddies had a huge tv before '65 tvs were the norm so we'd always be there playing playstation on the big screen lol. His dad and his dads friends would watch warriors games there and they'd always let us kids stick around for warriors vs bulls. Its like the only time he'd ever want us around. We always felt super cool when we got to watch Jordan on the big screen and it was easier to see what shoes he was wearing.
Black and red 13s were the 1st jordan i bought with my own money in the 8th grade. I was the only person at my school who had the black and reds. My best friend had flints and my neighbor who was in high school had the white/reds. I always thought the playoffs were the last to release because guy at my school got his pair last which seemed like months after i got my pair. I always have wondered where he got those from

Did you play in the original XIV?

The XIII is my favorite Jordan, as you can probably tell by my SN choice, and have been since the OG in 1998, but the performance of the OG XIV was undeniable. Most of the modern AJs barely see them on the court, and that's with the advantage of current "tech". The only drawback the OG XIV would has is that uses natural materials for the upper that don't hold up against the current fuse/mesh uppers. Everything else is still being used today. Phylon midsole, zoom air, herringbone traction.

It's a close call but I respect what you've said about the 14. They're top 3 on court comfort as well as locking down your foot from moving much when you cut and pivot. So I'd say the 13, 14, and probably the 10s are interchangeable in most people's top 3 comfort in terms of playing ball in them

Jerry Reinsdorf and Phil deserve the blame for the demise of the Bulls;
- Krause told Scottie not to sign that contract that Reinsdorf offered him.
-A good owner steps in and solves problems between the GM and the coach.
-Phil was flirting with the Magic which won’t be mentioned in the documentary. Because he knew the Bulls time was running out for multiple reasons and he wanted more power and money.
-Reinsdorf was too hands off and he should have offered Pippen bonus money or restructured his contract.

I think it’s kind of bad to paint this picture of a dead man being the villain. I get it Krause was a jerk but Phil Jackson and Reinsdorf have many flaws too. Phil did this in LA where anytime there’s a problem he gets the players on his side and points the finger at management whether it’s legit or not. Phil was always jealous of Jerry West and Jerry Krause. I guess we can say after Phils stint with the Knicks there’s a reason Chicago and Los Angeles never gave him that power. By the way Tex Winter deserves more credit then Phil, Reinsdorf or Krause.
I knew there would be an apologist in this thread. Just because others may have been in the wrong doesn't absolve Krause from anything. You can go look up the old articles on him and by all accounts dude was a control freak with Napoleon syndrome who wanted to prove a point about how great he was and didn't need Phil or MJ

That team was in bad shape early on in the season. Mike was on overload, Dennis had to behave, with Scottie bieng out. I kind of disagree with Mike saying Scottie was being selfish. The delay surgery was by design from Pip. What would most people have done if they felt disrespected? Maybe the same.

The 97-98 year was my junior year in high school. I had the white black toe 13s right away. Only one in school that had em. No one cared but me back then in my school.lol It was only my 2nd pair ever purchased with my own earned work money with a legit job. Seeing them in a SI mag pic along with Slam tribute to MJ sold me.

Yeah, I was in 11th grade when MJ took to the court in 13s. My very first pair of Jordan’s I ever bought with my own money was the white/red color way, B-grades from the outlet for $99. Not too many people had that color at my school as most chose to buy the 1st color way and the wht/blue/grey version. I continued to wear them until my senior year kicked in and I went with the blk toe 14’s. That shoe was perfection to me!

I was 13 when Jordan entered the league and grew up with him. what I broke out for the show, 5 of them are OG. And yes the Original 14’s were the best basketball shoe I ever wore.
C4461D20-7C66-447D-A790-8EA12605F4CA.jpeg

Did you play in the original XIV?

The XIII is my favorite Jordan, as you can probably tell by my SN choice, and have been since the OG in 1998, but the performance of the OG XIV was undeniable. Most of the modern AJs barely see them on the court, and that's with the advantage of current "tech". The only drawback the OG XIV would has is that uses natural materials for the upper that don't hold up against the current fuse/mesh uppers. Everything else is still being used today. Phylon midsole, zoom air, herringbone traction.

I’m also in the OG XIV Goat camp...
I was 14 when the 14s released and I started buying kicks on eBay around that time lol. I had 14s in my hoop rotation all the way thru college. Loved that shoe.
Now it’s the 29 for me, all I play in.

A friend of mine gave me his ‘old’ pair of white / red XIV. Some how lost them at my parents house. That was a great shoe.
During that era I loved how you had to watch the actual games or the following months SLAM magazine to figure out or add more clarity on what guys were wearing on court. Because we didn’t have HD back in the day I didn’t realize Mike was wearing low cut, never seen before 13s in the 98 ECF till a couple of years later, lol. Probably found that out via NT.

Remember going to the parade when they won their last championship. Woke up at 2am and went to Grant Park to be able to get some good seats. I was about to start Senior year in HS. The Good ol Days!

the younger generation will finally see the real GOAT in action: the Last Shot XIVs

beastly traction
super bouncy articulated zoom
asymmetric collar that had the low cut feel in a mid cut shoe

I wish MJ had called it quits for good after 98. That entire Wizards run was a disaster and it really kills a lot of the magic seeing him wear Jumpman FBIs on court and miss the playoffs for two consequence seasons with a trash team (including his final NBA game which was a blowout loss to the 76ers).

XIVs should’ve been the last shoe he wore on court and that should’ve truly been the last shot instead we have to acknowledge the disaster that were the MJ Wizards years.

I wish MJ had called it quits for good after 98. That entire Wizards run was a disaster and it really kills a lot of the magic seeing him wear Jumpman FBIs on court and miss the playoffs for two consequence seasons with a trash team (including his final NBA game which was a blowout loss to the 76ers).

XIVs should’ve been the last shoe he wore on court and that should’ve truly been the last shot instead we have to acknowledge the disaster that were the MJ Wizards years.
I do also on one hand wish that last shot with Chicago would have been his last. There would be no better way to end it. On the other hand though, I wish they all would have stayed together as an aging team with the possible torch passing to Kobe, Shaq, and the Lakers in one last Finals series. I see that only in my mind due to Kobe picking up from where Jordan left off. Some would argue that LA may not have been where they ended up without Phil though. The true fan in me will always pick the first option lol.
I didnt hate the Washington years but they were def not the same.

Back
Top Bottom