Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

That was a great first half of the series, wonder what next summer will have in store.

Last edited:
People keep saying Walt leaves with his family, or Hank would not turn his brother in law in, but when its all said and done I think Walk ends up alone on the run.

Yall ****** is obsessed with that ricin.

It'll be hilarious if Gilligan has Walt flush it down the toilet cuz he's out or altogether never use or mention it again :lol:

People keep saying Walt leaves with his family, or Hank would not turn his brother in law in, but when its all said and done I think Walk ends up alone on the run.

I agree, and I know someone will die whether it's Walt Jr or Skylar (i hope). that flash forward in the first episode of this season HAD to imply this

But who is actually gonna recognize Walt as if he were making more than Grey Matter? Money is one thing but Walt wants his name to be known as the genius behind these billions of dollars and right now, he's working in a game where that recognition doesn't matter anymore because he's running the monopoly on the meth distribution. When you have no more rivals, no more competition left, there just comes a point where there's nothing left to achieve and you get bored.

Remember when Walt and Skyler went to Elliott's birthday party in S1 and Walt was so amazed by the whole thing. That's what he wants but he can't have that because who can he share his new success with? There are no peers...only those that work for him now

Last edited:
I got the feeling when Walt saw all that money, of which he even asked how much was there after Skylar said she had no clue (i.e. - his shock), he figured out he's too big to even CLEAR that money. He's taking in way too much and can't do anything with it, so it's like he doesn't even have it. He may have been taling Billions before, but now the reality is setting in.

That's also why I think he paid Jessie. None of this "he's a man of his word" type ********. He has a pallet full of money he can't do anything with.

Bout time that gimp Hank found a clue. I know it's a tv show and all but I always thought it was ridiculous how Hank never suspected his reclusive chemist brother-in-law. Way to go, Hank!

BTW, did Walt know Hank was going to the bathroom? He should probably realize Hank saw the book. I hope they don't make it seem like only Hank knows. I wanna see them two play chess on an even playing field.

Actually it makes sense. Hank doesn't think much of Walt, I mean son took a **** in the Master Bedroom Bathroom. No one should use that bathroom except the owners of the house. Its been a constant theme that Hank looks down on Walt.
Good point about him taking a dump in the guy's master bathroom. The blatant disrespect :rofl:. I'd be furious.

Yall ****** is obsessed with that ricin.
It'll be hilarious if Gilligan has Walt flush it down the toilet cuz he's out or altogether never use or mention it again :lol:

As much as I agree... He's going to use it or try to again. Chekhov's Gun man. That and they keep showing it, putting an emphasis on it like they did with that book (Shown at the beginning of this episode when Walt's taking a shower). Then again it could just be a red herring...

'Breaking Bad' creator answers finale questions: Has Walt's cancer returned?
by James Hibberd

Has Walt’s cancer returned? How will Hank react to his big discovery? Will Jesse return to the meth business? Will there be a time jump in the final episodes? Below, Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan (cautiously) addresses burning questions on a conference call with reporters about Sunday night’s midseason finale. Obviously, the following contains spoilers for those who have not seen the episode. But, given Gilligan’s cautious answers, this is pretty safe reading for those who wish to remain unspoiled about the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad that will air next year.

Has Walt really quit the meth business?
Gilligan: We can either take him at his word or not … I tend to believe, personally, he was telling the truth when her told [Skyler] that. Have we seen him cooking his last batch? We’re still working out the final eight episodes.

How much will Jesse be on the show now that he’s quit the meth biz?
Gilligan: He’s going to have plenty to do. Just because he’s out of the business doesn’t mean he’s off the show. It would not be the same show without [actor Aaron Paul's] wonderful contribution.

Given the scene of Walt getting a medical scan followed by his decision to quit the meth business, can we assume Walt’s cancer has returned?
Gilligan: The best way to put it is that we try to never have a scene in our show that adds up to nothing. If you go through to the trouble to have the crew build a set and shoot a scene there needs to be a good reason for it … it’s not for nothing that that scene is in there.

What can you tell us about that scene at the beginning of season 5 with Walt in a Denny’s?
Gilligan: It’s a future that is about a year ahead, 10-to-12 months ahead. So this is very much a glimpse in the future. Is it a glimpse to the end of it all? Perhaps. You’d be surprise how little we have [written of the final eight episodes]. We have the broad strokes.

Does that mean we can expect a time jump at some point?
Gilligan: That’s a good bet. The story up until now has taken about 14, 15 months from the pilot episode. Things will probably will jump ahead a bit at some point.

How could cautious Mike let Walt get the jump on him?
Gilligan: We all have our moments we wish we could take back. [Mike] was physically dominant over Walt at every turn …. We saw Mike not have much trouble handcuffing Walt to the radiator … Turning his back on Walt was a bad idea, but it was born of Mike having a lot on his mind … it was a tactical error … I guess the lesson is: Never turn your back on Walter White.

Where does Walt and Jess’s relationship go from here?
Gilligan: That last scene had a very nostalgic and bittersweet feeling, and it feels like a goodbye scene between those two characters. … Jesse is coming into his own. He was much less an assistant and more of a partner [this season] … The partnership does seem to be fractured; there’s no repairing the fracture … Jesse had his gun in his waistband, he doesn’t trust his former partner as far as he can throw him.

How will Hank react to learning Walt is Heisenberg?
Gilligan: I have to be a little coy, but I can tell you this: It has been the subject of great debate amongst the seven writers, myself included … You run through every possible permutation … It’s hard to put yourself into Hank’s head at the moment… this probably the single biggest most horrible revelation he’s ever had in his life.

What else can you tell us about the final eight?

Gilligan: This is where it all comes to the end. There will be resolution. We’ll know where everybody stands. [The writers] are going to swing for the fences. It’s terrifying and it’s liberating to know these are the final eight hours. There’s talk of a movie — none of that is remotely on our radar … We now have the freedom to dispense with the timid storytelling we’ve been doing so far.

Is there pressure to stick the landing in the final episode?
Gilligan: You know in your heart that you should tune [the fan expectations] out … You also say to yourself that you got a lot of fans watching this show, but they’re all unique … So you know going into it there’s no way to please everybody. The most dangerous thing is to come up with an ending that [you think] pleases the widest swath of people … It makes you think about the old baseball joke that the last batter to strike out is to blame for the team’s entire loss … The ending will be judged with more scrutiny than any of the previous 61 episodes that came before. It’s healthiest and wisest to try and tune out [as if] the pressure isn’t there.

Doesn’t Walt have to be punished by the end of the series?
Gilligan: He doesn’t have to be. Someone in real life is getting away with murder as we speak. He can get away with the whole thing. Having said that, how satisfying would that be? It’s a strange show. I’m very proud of it, but you find yourself very often rooting for a person that you should cross the street to avoid… He’s a bad guy. But because he’s smart and has worked hard and feels the things he feels so deeply, we grudgingly respect him … Some days I’m rooting for him, some days I want to see him hit by a car. Having said that, is the “satisfying” way the right way [to end the show]?

What else can you tell us about the final eight?
Gilligan: This is where it all comes to the end. There will be resolution. We’ll know where everybody stands. [The writers] are going to swing for the fences. It’s terrifying and it’s liberating to know these are the final eight hours. There’s talk of a movie — none of that is remotely on our radar … We now have the freedom to dispense with the timid storytelling we’ve been doing so far.

tumblr_m939guHUC01qlbkes.gif

Cant wait

Last edited:
Finally the dual we have all been waiting for (definitely me@ least). Not real sure what to expect exactly. Ive always wanted the show to end with Hank and Walt going @ it though. So far looks like thats the direction it might go

Last edited:
Walt was starting to get on my nerves. but I think that's what makes the writing of this show so good. The development of the characters has been great. I also like how Albuquerque was the location chosen for the show. I lived in New Mexico for about 6 months and its definitely reasonable for these series of events could take place there. It takes a city just small enough for all the coincidences and crossing stories to be believable. It's pretty much the only city in the entire state and it's proximity to Texas and Arizona make it perfect for a show about drug distribution.

Q&A - Jonathan Banks (Mike)
Veteran actor Jonathan Banks, who plays Mike on Breaking Bad, discusses all of his on-camera deaths (and how Mike's stacks up) and shares his strategy for keeping one of Breaking Bad's biggest secrets from his family.

Q: When you started this season, did you know that it would be Mike's last?

A: Vince talked to me a long time ago, six or seven months before the season, and he told me I'd die before the end of this eight. We were at Aaron's engagement party. My feeling is that we assume that most people are going to end in some fashion. My biggest problem is I love Mike; I love the character and I love playing him, but all stories like that do have to come to an end.

Q: Did you do anything special to put Mike to rest? Was there a mock funeral?

A: The crew on the set that day all wore black armbands all day long. There are a lot of friends on that crew. It was an emotional day to say the least on set -- a lot of tears. Tough day, brother.

Q: You've died a few other times on camera... How did this one stack up?

A: I've died so many times. I'm 65. On my 40th birthday, my girlfriend gave me a reel with ways I had died, whether it was by knife, or electrocution or drowning or being thrown off a building or whatever it might have been. I've died a lot of times! With Mike, you're talking about one of the favorite characters of my life here, and my feeling was I could not give him enough dignity. Mike is a great warrior.

Q: You're a veteran actor, but did you learn anything new from being on Breaking Bad?

A: I'll tell you what, I learned that no matter how old you get, you can be crushed with the love of the work and the love of the people you're around. I didn't know I could be so open and so grateful for an experience.

Q: Knowing this was your last season, what were some moments on set you savored?

A: Anytime it was the three of us -- Bryan [Cranston] and Aaron [Paul] and I -- were together we had a great time. Last season when Aaron and I were riding around in the car, we pretty much spent the whole time laughing. The Park Avenue that we drive around in became very dear to us. To get up -- and I don't care if it was 4:30 in the morning -- it was a joy to go to work.

Q: Mike proves himself to an expert at dodging law enforcement this season. Have you ever ducked the fuzz?

A: A lot of my friends are police officers, and most of them are retired now. There were also police officers in my family, so I probably have.

Q: Any upside to spending the last eight episodes as a viewer and not a member of the cast?

A: I do love watching the show. Right now I haven't seen last week's show and that's what I plan to do with my son right now.

Q: Mike's death was a big secret on the show. Was it difficult to keep such a big reveal from people you're close to?

A: I didn't tell anyone -- not my daughters or my son -- nobody knew. When people said, "Well, you're going back in November?" I wouldn't say that I was going back because I hate lying. I would say, "Yes, they start shooting again in November."

In the first 90 seconds of the first episode of season 5, Walt is at Denny's. He's sporting a full head of hair and new, black-framed glasses. He's handed his breakfast plate and proceeds to spell out "52" with his bacon -- it's his birthday.

His waitress tells him he can get free food if he shows his I.D. He declines, but she persists.

Free is good, she tells him. Even if she were rich, "free is always good."

He says OK and hands her his I.D.

New Hampshire.

He goes to the bathroom to meet with the mystery man who gives him keys. We see Walt's all-too-familiar cough and he pops a pill (remember, he was getting an MRI in this final episode).

As he leaves the restaraunt, the waitress says, "Happy birthday, Mr. Lambert."

Lambert is Skyler's maiden name.

When he gets outside he goes to an old Volvo with New Hampshire plates.

The plates say, "Live Free or Die."

Obvious connection between waitresses comments about free being "always good."

Then, there is the license plate number (327 2153).

This number had to mean something. With all that attention to detail, why would they not purposefully pick those numbers -- even if it had a meaning that would be lost on most?

I immediately thought the number had some sort of connection to science, so I started googling.

Nothing.

Then I considered maybe the numbers as a whole isn't the answer, so I started separating them. After a few different attempts at grouping, I found something.

The first five numbers are: 32721.

For those, I found this:
Cytokeratin 5 Antibody (RCK103): sc-32721.

Interesting, I thought. That's definitely science right there.
So I searched for "Cytokeratin 5 Antobody" on scholarly journals and found this.

"Value of the Mesothelium-Associated Antibodies Thrombomodulin, Cytokeratin 5/6, Calretinin, and CD44H in Distinguishing Epithelioid Pleural Mesothelioma from Adenocarcinoma Metastatic to the Pleura."

Adencarcinoma. What's that?

It's cancer. And it happens to be the most common form of...lung cancer.
And remember those last two numbers on the plate?

The age Walter White will be on his next birthday.

If he gets there.

Interesting. Very interesting. Seems like it could be a strange coincidence though.

Source

I think Hank will let it go. I think he'll be depressed like he was when he was injured and he'll quit his job. Meanwhile Lydia's connect oversees will start to crumble and Lydia will give out Walt's name and then Walt goes on the run, leaving his family or Skylar leaving with the kids and Hank and Marie

^^I feel the same way. I think the fact that it's Walt will make Hank even more relentless to get him...

LOLOLOLOLOL That theory is broken. The numbers on theBreakfast plate in the flashforward was 52.

Last edited:
Walt can't just supply another country, Arizona, and New Mexico for one month with that crystal blue persuasion and then just stop cooking.  Lots of people coming for heisenberg, not just the DEA

Back
Top Bottom