Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

There is no way Skyler would kill her own children to keep them away from Walt, that simply doesn't make sense.

Regarding the ricin: it was never meant to be smoked. It was only in the cigarette for hiding purposes. The belief was that maybe Brock took the cigarette accidentally and smoked it and that's what landed him in the hospital. But we know that Walt used the Lily of the Valley flower to poison Brock and in addition, Walt took the ricin out of the cigarette and concealed it behind the power outlet. I think we won't see anything regarding the ricin until next season (or if anything, the last episode of this season).

Regarding theories: I agree that a lot of them are radical and there is a lot of 'reaching' going on but if the theory has substance and makes direct connections to things we've seen previously in the show, then it becomes intriguing, even though we are generally wrong 95% of the time. :lol:

I'm really interested to see what the writers will do with the Lydia situation. There are a couple fishy things about that scene with Jesse. Even though she seemed genuinely worried/scared about the tracker on the methylamine barrel, it does seem like a sloppy job as Mike pointed out and it is also strange that she asked Jesse to tell her Mike's full name (perhaps she's recording their conversation?). However, at the same time, she did shut off the cameras before he arrived inside and she is pretty neurotic. I'm interested in seeing what they'll do about that aspect of the show because she plays a key role in their meth production and the DEA is inching closer and closer to figuring out their operation.

That seems possible, but they planned to put it in Gus's coffee so he could always do it that way if he wanted to kill skyler. Or perhaps sprinkle it on Walt Jr's breakfast

Finally watched last night's episode.

That opening scene.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Lost count of how many times I re-watched that.

Skyler's pool incident wasn't a suicide attempt (as Hank pointed out); just her convoluted way of getting the kids out of the "unsafe" environment by planting the seeds with Marie to take them for a while.

That scene was great with Walt talking about all he's endured in the past year and her in the background looking completely broken.

The bedroom scene was great as well. You want the cancer to come back? It's like that Skyler? Walt shut down all her plans with the quickness.
laugh.gif

Jesse. 
tired.gif

Dude genuinely has love for Walter, while Walt doesn't give a **** about and continues to manipulate him.
mean.gif

Looking forward to seeing Jesse's reaction when he realizes all of this about Mr. White, and if he eventually finds out what Walt did to Brock.

Can't wait for episode 5.

It's a better twist if Jr does it. I see it happening because his new found popularity from getting the challenger,
goes to a party with deviant kids (alcohol/drugs), and is tempted to try it. Jr. does too much ODs and either dies, or
(in a more interesting storyline) becomes brain dead.
:wow: :wow:

So where on the calendar is Walt's birthday? Is it supposed to be fall/spring because when Skyler walked into the pool, Marie kept freaking out about how cold the water is supposed to be. One thing they never mention is the season of the year so you never know where they're at. Plus the weather seems to always stay the same based on their clothing. It hasn't rained once yet :lol:

They start filming seasons I believe in November. So this one would likely be placed around December. So it would be correct to say the water was cold. Unless they are trying to say it's a different time (walt's birthday) of year than what's known in real life.. Albuquerque's monsoon season is in July to August, where the vast majority of their 9 inches/year is seen then. So it's likely correct to see almost no rain in the show. The city gets almost 300 days of sunshine a year... So combine all that, and it appears the show is not making anything up.

It is funny how everyone reaches on things, but you really never know with this show. I know everything isn't meant to be a symbol/foreshadowing, but I really think that shot of the floss wrapped around Skylar's finger is a key scene. I think it might mean that if she kills the kids she will kill Walt Jr. by hanging him with a bacon noose. :lol: jk. I feel like we need like 2 more full seasons to let the story continue because I'm gonna be mad as hell when this show is over :lol:

Ten bucks says Jr is faking and he's going to pull a Keyser Soze in the final episode.. He's going to walk normally and he's been the real Heisenberg.

Last edited:
when hank asked gomez if he thought lydia was in on it he said nah, maybe he was covering for her since he's rolling with gus?
Gomez has been denying a lot of Hank's on the point theories. I've been on Gomez ever since he said that they've got the real Heisenberg when Badger and Jimmy "In-'N-Out" got "caught" doing a drug deal. If you're a top DEA agent, then why would you believe that an ex-convict who's been in and out of prison and no records of using or dealing meth, can be the one cooking up the best meth they've ever seen? I'm not saying Gomez is in the trade, but he does seem a little suspicious. 

Still not really into the Gomez theory. If it was true then it would make that entire scene where Hank makes him go check out the laundromat at the end of S4 a waste of time and it's really not Gilligan's style to do something one way and then completely go back on it and change it up later.

Gomez is just there to serve as a contrast to Hank's style. He's more of the voice of reason while Hank thinks outside of the box and takes risks. I just don't think he's important enough of a character for them to write a huge game-changing part for at this point in the series.

Last edited:
Still not really into the Gomez theory. If it was true then it would make that entire scene where Hank makes him go check out the laundromat at the end of S4 a waste of time and it's really not Gilligan's style to do something one way and then completely go back on it and change it up later.

Gomez is just there to serve as a contrast to Hank's style. He's more of the voice of reason while Hank thinks outside of the box and takes risks. I just don't think he's important enough of a character for them to write a huge game-changing part for at this point in the series.

This.

Ten bucks says Jr is faking and he's going to pull a Keyser Soze in the final episode.. He's going to walk normally and he's been the real Heisenberg.

lmaoooo that would be some ****. but c'mon, son. lol

also, i thought the gun cock at the end was obvious. it wasn't like it was supposed to be hidden. you could clearly hear it. maybe because i was watching with headphones on. still, this was a great episode, and i agree that there was a lot of symbolism.

can't wait for next week.

Last edited:
Great episode. I ******g hate Skylar :smh: (the actress does an amazing job)

her sister isnt much better

Last edited:
In my opinion the answer has been in front of us the whole time. Walt and Dean represent a dichotomy. Walt representing deception, as evidenced by his supreme talent for creating appearances (Machiavellian) where as Dean can't even lie, as recently shown by his failure to even hide his wifes telling him about skylars affair. I think in the end it comes down to a showdown between the two. I just am not so sure its walt that goes down.

Also, I think Gilligan has hinted at dean suspecting Walt, but history would lead me to believe Walt would be one step ahead, and realize it.

Last edited:
In my opinion the answer has been in front of us the whole time. Walt and Dean represent a dichotomy. Walt representing deception, as evidenced by his supreme talent for creating appearances (Machiavellian) where as Dean can't even lie, as recently shown by his failure to even hide his wifes telling him about skylars affair. I think in the end it comes down to a showdown between the two. I just am not so sure its walt that goes down.
Also, I think Gilligan has hinted at dean suspecting Walt, but history would lead me to believe Walt would be one step ahead, and realize it.
Damb dude. Walt always has to tell lies to cover up his ***, but Hank always tell the truth despite the consequences. Whenever Walt lies, he gets out of the situation by lying an even bigger lie or jus being an immoral dude. His lies will catch up to him. However, Hank admits to his wrongdoings and transgressions and gets out of his situation by jus taking the blame and transferring his energy into something greater. Hank has been working at his job for like what, at least 10 years now? Walt has barely hit one. Hank is gonna nab his cocky *** for sure (nofrankocean tho).

Last edited:
The only thing I'll say is.....if that spoiler is indeed true (the one mentioned a dozen pages back or so.....don't worry. not even remotely going to touch on it or hint at it.)

It was definitely foreshadowed in this episode.

:wow: :wow:

Back
Top Bottom