Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

I think Lydia may have planted that little tracking device. It was really strange when she kept insisting that Jesse confirmed that Mike Ehrmantraut sent him. Feel like she was wearing a wire and can use this for the DEA. We'll see though.

Interesting. If the DEA can get anyone to work with them it seem like her.

Not sure if this has been discussed but one of my co-wokers had a theory that one of Gus's parents might have been a nazi which is why he had all of these German connections and thats why he was so methodical with his business...kind of makes sense lol

walts car was 300C srt 8 not charger.
I'm not understanding what you're getting at Rook...Black/Red..Not trying to sound like a d-bag, I'm genuinely interested.

Also, this may be a bit of a reach, but whatever:

Skylar says she's waiting for the cancer to return; her cup has the #51 (Walt's age) and she's dumping the ashes of her cig into it? Reach, no reach, just throwing it out there.

Pretty sure Gomey works for Gus/Mike. I think he's Mike's ace in the hole that no one knows about.

How did Mike know the DEA was showing up at Mandragil? And it was never 100% revealed who made the call to Hank before he got shot. I think it was Gomey...

^^ that would be one hell of an twist.

skylar having a nervous breakdown and making the cancer to come back comment. :smh:

Gomez being on of the question marks on Hank's big board? :nerd: :smokin That would be a crazy twist indeed. Wonder how it'd be handled, cause you know that'd blow up and have huge backlash on everyone.

I'm not understanding what you're getting at Rook...Black/Red..Not trying to sound like a d-bag, I'm genuinely interested.
Also, this may be a bit of a reach, but whatever:
Skylar says she's waiting for the cancer to return; her cup has the #51 (Walt's age) and she's dumping the ashes of her cig into it? Reach, no reach, just throwing it out there.

didnt even realized the cup had 51 on it. WOW

ill be glad when skyler is gone.

her high point was when walt hate ff'd her in the kitchen. she's been useless (to him) ever since. its cool though, we're not supposed to like her character... and we dont. we're supposed to understand the difficult situation she is in, and we do.

so everything is going according to plan i guess. i just feel its reached the point of diminishing returns. its been 5 seasons of her hypocrisy and flip-flopping. she wanted to be involved in the business, but had no idea how real the game can be. when dude broke his neck and she saw the fear in his eyes at the hospital, she flipped the switch and wanted back out of the game. walt too.

so her role this season has been as walt's antagonist.... and we all know how that ends.

speaking of...

aside from the actual watch soundFX (pretty sure a Rolex and an egg timer dont have the same movement/sound), the ending of the episode was pretty brilliant. they kind of hit you with an okie doke. according to the reaction to this thread, it seems to have worked.

when they zoomed in on the watch dial, everyone was focused on what the watch meant. 'ticking time bomb', 'time running out', etc.

but the real teaser was the sound. when the hand struck midnight, the last two ticks were accompanied by a subtle 'click-clack' in the background. had you looking left, and hit you with the right. GRIMEY.

the watch might prove to be more meaningful... but i think it was just a way to deliver that subtle hint/prelude to the next episode. in which Skyler kills herself. hopefully.

also, i think the challenger is orange. just like the OG. direct sunlight makes it hard to tell. and i could be wrong, but im not sure there is much to read into there. not everything is symbolism.

what makes this show dope is the subtle nature of the foreshadowing. the age of message boards, blogs and youtube has everyone thirsty to find the next clue and its correlation to an event that has not and may not ever happen. put your magnifying glasses back in the drawer and just enjoy the show.

When Skyler said "I hope the cancer comes back" my girl immediately yelled out "*****!" 
laugh.gif
 Had me like damn... maybe she a ride or die type chick.

And the watch ticking to 12... and it being from Jesse... 
nerd.gif

But Skyler was never in control, she just got involved as an accomplice once she realized she couldn't take her kids away and leave. She isn't completely without fault but she's been lied to and manipulated by her husband who she now knows is a killer.
We can not like her, but we shouldn't ignore the important purpose her character plays in the show.
I completely get and appreciate her as a necessary character, I just despise her and how dramatic everything is with her. Everything is a giant production that she's so confident about and it eventually ends up blowing up in her face. As soon as that happens she throws a tantrum and tries to toss all the blame on someone else (mostly Walt).

I absolutely hate her character, which is a testament to how well she's written and how great a job Anna Gunn does playing the roll.

Pretty sure Gomey works for Gus/Mike. I think he's Mike's ace in the hole that no one knows about.
How did Mike know the DEA was showing up at Mandragil? And it was never 100% revealed who made the call to Hank before he got shot. I think it was Gomey...

ill be glad when skyler is gone.
her high point was when walt hate ff'd her in the kitchen. she's been useless (to him) ever since. its cool though, we're not supposed to like her character... and we dont. we're supposed to understand the difficult situation she is in, and we do.
so everything is going according to plan i guess. i just feel its reached the point of diminishing returns. its been 5 seasons of her hypocrisy and flip-flopping. she wanted to be involved in the business, but had no idea how real the game can be. when dude broke his neck and she saw the fear in his eyes at the hospital, she flipped the switch and wanted back out of the game. walt too.
so her role this season has been as walt's antagonist.... and we all know how that ends.
speaking of...
aside from the actual watch soundFX (pretty sure a Rolex and an egg timer dont have the same movement/sound), the ending of the episode was pretty brilliant. they kind of hit you with an okie doke. according to the reaction to this thread, it seems to have worked.
when they zoomed in on the watch dial, everyone was focused on what the watch meant. 'ticking time bomb', 'time running out', etc.
but the real teaser was the sound. when the hand struck midnight, the last two ticks were accompanied by a subtle 'click-clack' in the background. had you looking left, and hit you with the right. GRIMEY.
the watch might prove to be more meaningful... but i think it was just a way to deliver that subtle hint/prelude to the next episode. in which Skyler kills herself. hopefully.
also, i think the challenger is orange. just like the OG. direct sunlight makes it hard to tell. and i could be wrong, but im not sure there is much to read into there. not everything is symbolism.
what makes this show dope is the subtle nature of the foreshadowing. the age of message boards, blogs and youtube has everyone thirsty to find the next clue and its correlation to an event that has not and may not ever happen. put your magnifying glasses back in the drawer and just enjoy the show.

The challenger is red, like the one Walt bought Jr. originally.

Could have sworn they said Tyrus was the one to txt Hank (not on show but like in an interview) but if it turns out to be Gomey...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
Cold Twist that wasn't seen!

Whoa...makes sense tho. 

*Maybe a reach...but the watch Jesse got Walt.  Tracking device?  I'm trying to think and connect the dots, but I'm curious if the feds got to him somehow? 

Whoa...makes sense tho. 

*Maybe a reach...but the watch Jesse got Walt.  Tracking device?  I'm trying to think and connect the dots, but I'm curious if the feds got to him somehow? 
I wouldn't count on Jesse going to the feds on Walt.
Walt will come back on Jesse to save himself.
It would be certified jailtime for Jesse as well.

The biggest moment on tonight's Breaking Bad came before the opening credits rolled. Sudden and shocking, it nevertheless had an air of inevitability, like something the world of Walter White had been waiting for for a long, long time.

That's right: Breaking Bad put a dubstep song on the soundtrack.

Haha j/k LOL. It's true that dubstep's vertiginous drops, gleeful lizard-brain button-punching and clattering discordant aggression, as exemplified in "Bonfire" by Knife Party, make it a weirdly perfect accompaniment to Walt's mad-science misadventures. But the real Rubicon crossed in that opening sequence was a matter not of soundtrack but of wardrobe. After trading in his reliable old family-man Aztec SUV – sturdy as hell and good for another 200,000 miles, but rejected by Walt for a faster and flashier whip, it is perhaps the most metaphorically resonant motor vehicle in television history – Walt dons his Heisenberg hat in full view of his adoring son Walt Jr. With that, the boundary between Walt and Heisenberg, which since Walt's crawlspace crack-up had already been doing its best Berlin Wall circa 1989 impression, collapsed entirely.
Link

Last edited:
Great episode. This show got yall reaching so much. That's what this show does though it makes you think about every scene like there's some deeper meaning. I wouldn't be surprised if lydia is working with the DEA, she's been weak from the start.

Great episode. This show got yall reaching so much. That's what this show does though it makes you think about every scene like there's some deeper meaning. I wouldn't be surprised if lydia is working with the DEA, she's been weak from the start.
You know what?  I was kinda thinking the same thing. 

Vince Gilligan is BRILLIANT in how he foreshadows everything.  We do have a tendency to overanalyze just about everything involving the show.  That's what makes it so great.  What if Gilligan throws a complete curve and makes some of these answers blatantly obvious - but easily overlooked due to how we look for symbolism, etc with every scene that's shown? 

Something else to consider now is that security camera at the madrigal warehouse. It turned off when Lydia was messing with the breakers.

I wouldnt look too much into the ticking watch at the end as anything more than a "time-bomb" reference. This episode was directed by Rian Johnson, a movie director (Brick, Brothers Bloom, Looper) who's Breaking Bad episodes display a lot of style and symbolism.

I especially liked the shot of the fly on the top of the methylmine barrel - a reference to the other episode he directed, "Fly"

Fantastic episode though. Love that Walt is becoming full-on Heisenberg and is basically a "cancer" to his family, to Jesse & Mike, and really everyone he comes in contact with.

I wouldnt look too much into the ticking watch at the end as anything more than a "time-bomb" reference. This episode was directed by Rian Johnson, a movie director (Brick, Brothers Bloom, Looper) who's Breaking Bad episodes display a lot of style and symbolism.

I especially liked the shot of the fly on the top of the methylmine barrel - a reference to the other episode he directed, "Fly"

Fantastic episode though. Love that Walt is becoming full-on Heisenberg and is basically a "cancer" to his family, to Jesse & Mike, and really everyone he comes in contact with.

:wow:

I knew there was something different about the cinematography.

So dope.

Last edited:
It's great watching how the arguments between Skylar and Walt have evolved over time. This progression from Skylar actually having the domineering role in every argument at the beginning of the series, to her complete submission (this season thus far and the lead up to the pool scene), and then the conflict in the bedroom where both were unwilling to back down.

Back
Top Bottom