Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Welp.

As smart as Walt is he's really going to leave something that incriminating lying around in his bathroom?

That's exactly what I was thinking. As soon as Walt planned to kill Gale, he should've eliminated any connection he had to Gale.

Eventually Hank was going to find out, now we get Hank v. Walt. :smokin

Good storytellers who know that Hank had to find out at some point.. and were smart enough to leave it as a cliffhanger.

Was I the only one that expected something awful to happen by the pool? Like Walt Jr falling in and taking Holly with him?

I felt almost as much tension as the sopranos diner scene. Thought junior was gonna get shot or something

Whew.

For the past few months I've been watching this show under the fear that a spoiler was true.

Thankfully it wasn't.

Hank is doomed though. He knows what happened to the ASAC before him. If the DEA finds out, they would absolutely think Hank has been in on this the whole time and has been leading the DEA astray. He's leaving that bathroom Elvis style.
But it's not just about Hank's career.. his speech about his summer job after losing all of his witnesses and leads shows how frustrated and distraught he was. Not only has the drug kingpin Heisenberg been under his nose the whole time.. but he can finally take him down.

I think Hank is more concerned with finally getting his guy and finishing the job.

But it's not just about Hank's career.. his speech about his summer job after losing all of his witnesses and leads shows how frustrated and distraught he was. Not only has the drug kingpin Heisenberg been under his nose the whole time.. but he can finally take him down.

I think Hank is more concerned with finally getting his guy and finishing the job.
There is no way in Hell Hank is taking Walter down, he signed his own death certificate by picking up that book.

Maybe i'm forgetting but how did Walt get that book. I remember Hank had it when he was going through the case files for Gale. Is there a video of him taking it.

Good storytellers who know that Hank had to find out at some point.. and were smart enough to leave it as a cliffhanger.

Was I the only one that expected something awful to happen by the pool? Like Walt Jr falling in and taking Holly with him?
I felt almost as much tension as the sopranos diner scene. Thought junior was gonna get shot or something
The possible scenarios ranked by tension for me (most of these were totally illogical but I still had the ideas running through my head)

1. A sniper taking out Junior and in his dying breath he asks "Is... there... breakfast.. in... heaven?"

2. Junior just falling on top of Holly and crushing her.

3. The damn ricin everyone expects to pop up in every scene would magically end up in the sunblock for Holly.

4. Gus' mysterious Chilean past comes up and goons knock on the front door.

Whew.

For the past few months I've been watching this show under the fear that a spoiler was true.

Thankfully it wasn't.

Hank is doomed though. He knows what happened to the ASAC before him. If the DEA finds out, they would absolutely think Hank has been in on this the whole time and has been leading the DEA astray. He's leaving that bathroom Elvis style.

And if that's the case, then Hank has no choice but to "Break Bad" as well.

There's no chance the DEA would be gung-ho with Hank coming to them with the revelation that his close Brother-In-Law has been the mystery man that Hank has been looking for all along.

I still say Hank's going out like Elvis.

There is no way in Hell Hank is taking Walter down, he signed his own death certificate by picking up that book.
Walt would have no way of knowing he found the book and made the connection until Hank starts acting suspicious and Walt figures it out.

By the time Walt actually knows that Hank knows.. Hank could have his entire case against Walter. Which would give Walt a good reason to use Saul's guy and disappear with a new identity (as in the flashforward). 

Unrelated.. but we don't see the results of Walt's scan. If we're to believe his cancer might have returned from the flashforward clues, then maybe getting some bad news might influence him to get out as he told Skylar.

Are you kidding me?
I'm not. I started watching this season and haven't made catching up a priority.
iblM14wZzXdHOh.png

& a lil bit of

mj-laughing.gif

On another note: I thought Hank was going to get a call from Gomez and be like "Hank ..... ain't ova son, *insert clue that makes Walt the main suspect*

I thought it would be like that badboys gif.

ibhs5e14ntg8IA.gif

YES! The whole scene was so tense. Everyone talking at once and the camerawork really had me peeking through my fingers afraid to watch. I can't think of another show that could make me feel that way by doing almost nothing suspenseful.

This guy Walt has the balls to hold onto that book with that serious evidence written inside. What a slip up. I don't know how I'm going to wait a year to find out what happens next.

Last edited:
Maybe i'm forgetting but how did Walt get that book. I remember Hank had it when he was going through the case files for Gale. Is there a video of him taking it.
Yeah I'm trying to recall how Walt got the book as well.

I remember Hank telling Walt they found it when the police were searching Gale's apartment after he got killed.

My guess is Walt stole it somehow. I don't think there was a scene showing him take it; maybe they do that in second part of season 5.

Walt would have no way of knowing he found the book and made the connection until Hank starts acting suspicious and Walt figures it out.

By the time Walt actually knows that Hank knows.. Hank could have his entire case against Walter. Which would give Walt a good reason to use Saul's guy and disappear with a new identity (as in the flashforward). 

Unrelated.. but we don't see the results of Walt's scan. If we're to believe his cancer might have returned from the flashforward clues, then maybe getting some bad news might influence him to get out as he told Skylar.

it looked like walt left a dent in the hand dryer.

Why did Walt put a gun in Jessie's bag?
And I thought Walt jr and the baby were gonna get killed or something during that pool scene. I know thats what the directors wanted.
ALSO, WHY DID HANK TAKE A **** IN THE BEDROOM BATHROOM?

there was no gun in the bag. that was jesses gun. he took it when he saw walt at the door just in case walt was gonna pull moves on him. (curtains and steps back to get something)

my stream was late but i didnt know how late so i was just trying to stare at every moving thing the last 5 mins and looking at my clock like, what is going to be the cliffhanger??? and yea that pool **** was on my mind but that would just be a random cliffhanger. it had to be something about destroying the happiness/safe vibe they were throwing at you for the last 10 mins.

and im guilty of taking dumps near bedrooms or basements (depends how close i am to the people), i dont want the whole living room getting a whiff of my **** when someone opens the door lol

it looked like walt left a dent in the hand dryer.

That was the dent he left from back in Season 1 I think.

While I was watching that pool scene all I could think about was Gomey rolling up with some DEA agents through the back and arresting Walt.

Last edited:
Only got to see the last half hr of the ep. Watching the whole thing now. I was bit lost on a few things but like what I saw.

The end frustrated me though. I was hoping there'd be a better way of Hank finding out rather than Walt making that kind of mistake, something that would shot Hanks detective skills not something he came by on chance while taking a ****.

Irrelevant thought: Is there only one bathroom in that house? 

Remember Walt had to pee in the sink when Skyler locked him out the master bedroom.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

That death montage reminded me of the death montage in Death Note.

Here it is, skip to 3:00.

Great episode. Everything about this season was on point.

When Hank started talking about his old job it kind of reminded me of when Ed Tom Bell talked about his dreams in No Country for Old Men.

Oh and...When Lydia kicked the bag over :evil:

Back
Top Bottom