Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

It's crazy how often they only show half of Walt's face...It's either in the shadows or covered.

However, I wasn't a big fan of this episode - Wish it had more action. I'll try to see it from everyone else's point of view, what did you guys like about it?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Walt doesn't have cancer. I think he really meant he was out and done. I mean in the opening episode didn't he have a full head of hair? Granted maybe he just didn't do the chemo but him getting cancer again would be to obviously IMO...It would make too much sense for him to go out guns blazing if he had nothing to lose right??

Hank tells Walt that "he knows" who he really is and Walt tries to poison him with the ricin during breakfast even though Hank can't go through with taking Walt down. But instead Walt Jr. drinks Hanks coffee since he hasn't had breakfast in months and Walt accidentally kills Walt Jr....just saying lol (FYI it was in season 2 that Walt Jr drank coffe for breakfast...MIND=BLOWN)

After that I have no idea what goes down but this year long wait is gonna be too much...:smh:

Calm before the storm Luong, it's supposed to be one big season this year.. just bunched into two if that makes sense.

Alls I know is that the writers will make this final season work, and it will be epic. They have not let me down yet, and I don't think they will.

This season was great for what it was - (setting up the empire/having enough/getting out/getting ousted) - now the real fun begins.

I'm most interested in how Jesse will fit into the whole thing... we all know Walt is pretty much done for.

We all know this show won't have a happy ending but for about 20 min at the end there...we got a glimpse of what could have been a happy ending. Walt has his empire and all the money he ever wanted but realizes that there's nothing else to strive for so he decides to finally leave the game and return to his family. Jesse gets his buyout money from Walt and the two end on good terms. Skyler and Walt look like they might have a chance at reconciling. Hank realizes that maybe it's time to stop focusing so much on his job and catching the guy he might never get.

For a show that's been so dark, this entire episode was a nice touch from the norm because we know the final product will be so, so dark.

Last edited:
What did everyone make out of Walt going on about the painting in the office of the skinheads? Cancer is back?

:nerd:
If the cancer is back makes sense that he said he's out cuz after seeing all that money he probably said I rather die happy with my fam knowing they're taken care of, also is a reason why he gave Jesse his money back cuz he aint wanna die being a **** to him (even if he's not out completely cuz he has to wrap up a few things) but keeping the cold open from the 1st ep in mind I wouldn't be surprised that Hank being suspicious of Walt drags him back in for good and during that same time the cancer happens to go away again maybe even for good but Walt loses everything else and only has the cook left.

All in all that's my prediction/hope that Walt does not have to die when this show is over for good.....
....unless he commits suicide with that ricin yall love bringing up :lol:

Last edited:
Man, I'm still tripping off the finale. I can't even guess what's going to happen when Hank walks out of that bathroom.

Regarding Hank siding with Walt or not, I wouldn't bet my money on it. Although Walt technically paid for all of Hank's treatment, he wouldn't have needed treatment without Walt's involvement in the meth business (ie: the Salamanca cousins wouldn't go after Hank). In addition, Hank has been working on the case for a year and a half. He's invested blood, sweat and tears into finding who the real Heisenberg is. There's no way he just gives up on it.

HOWEVER, there's also one thing to consider regarding Hank. If he reveals to the DEA that his brother-in-law was the mastermind behind this entire operation, it kinda looks bad on him given that the agency has spent a ton of time, effort, and money trying to finalize this case while the Heisenberg he was looking for was "right under his nose" the entire time. I can't remember if the former ASAC was fired or just stepped down after they found out Gus was a kingpin but maybe this worries Hank and he doesn't reveal to the DEA that Walt is their Heisenberg.

There's always the possibility that Hank gives Walt a heads up and warns him that he knows his secret. We know for a fact that Walt will be in disguise and on the run from the DEA so maybe Hank is the one that breaks him the news.

Remember, Vince Gilligan stated that Walt purchased the M60 to "protect someone." We all thought it was Jesse, Skyler or his children but what if it's actually Hank? :nerd:

Either way, we won't know until July 2013. It's gonna be a looooooong 10 months.

Calm before the storm Luong, it's supposed to be one big season this year.. just bunched into two if that makes sense.
Alls I know is that the writers will make this final season work, and it will be epic. They have not let me down yet, and I don't think they will.
This season was great for what it was - (setting up the empire/having enough/getting out/getting ousted) - now the real fun begins.
I'm most interested in how Jesse will fit into the whole thing... we all know Walt is pretty much done for.
I totally get where you're coming from. I too, expect it to be a suspenseful up and coming half season.

However, people were saying this particular episode was good...I guess it's just me though :\.

This is absolutely brilliant, btw. Another reason why this is the greatest show on television.

Dope but what am I suppose to be looking at with the pics of Jesse? That he's wearing Affliction shirts? the door he's opening for Walter (he's done a lot more times)?

Dope but what am I suppose to be looking at with the pics of Jesse? That he's wearing Affliction shirts? the door he's opening for Walter (he's done a lot more times)?
Yeah the Jesse one is a stretch. The rest works though.

Also:

In season 3 episode 9, "Bug," the following dialog takes place between Walt and Hank:

Walt: "Y'know, I won't lie. You caught me somewhat indisposed.."

Hank: "What do you mean? Like taking a dump, indisposed?"

Hank caught Walt somewhat indisposed--like taking a dump, indisposed.

there's a strong possibility that hank just quits his job imo. during the episode he hinted about not being happy with his job anymore and how he should've enjoyed his college job more. hank being overwhelmed by his new recovery may very well just lead him to just call it all off. besides I think he has enough reason to just turn the other cheek at this point. I don't think hank is the same man anyway. he doesn't seem as ambitious or passionate about it as he used to so I wouldn't be surprised if he just retired or something.
but then again there's a whole other half of the season to go and it would seem kinda pointless to have it end like this.
guess we'll just have to wait and see.... next year :smh:

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU at AMC for making me wait 10 months for the remaining episodes. I'm not even sure I'll still be interested in 10 months. When Parks and Rec/Community took a break I was itching for more episodes. Now I have no idea if they are back on and frankly I dont care enough to check if they are. Again :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh: @ whoever decided waiting 10 months was a solid plan

eek.gif

I say Hank offs himself on that toilet seat.

And Lydia.
devil.gif

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Walt doesn't have cancer. I think he really meant he was out and done. I mean in the opening episode didn't he have a full head of hair? Granted maybe he just didn't do the chemo but him getting cancer again would be to obviously IMO...It would make too much sense for him to go out guns blazing if he had nothing to lose right??

Hank tells Walt that "he knows" who he really is and Walt tries to poison him with the ricin during breakfast even though Hank can't go through with taking Walt down. But instead Walt Jr. drinks Hanks coffee since he hasn't had breakfast in months and Walt accidentally kills Walt Jr....just saying lol (FYI it was in season 2 that Walt Jr drank coffe for breakfast...MIND=BLOWN)

After that I have no idea what goes down but this year long wait is gonna be too much...:smh:

Gilligan has said that the cancer isn't out of the picture yet. Also in the flash forward we see him coughing and taking pills.

Maybe it's just me.. But I would be SHOCKED if Hank lets Walt go or gives him a chance to escape.

His whole speech showed his frustration with his job and its all been because of Walt. Almost getting killed, threats against his family, never catching his true target. Nothing we've seen from Hank gives me the indication he would let this go.

Only Hank would find a clue while taking a dump. He's like Sherlock Holmes always being right with his hunches and finding stuff no one else does. He's been in a bad mood so I hope he murks a few people in the last part of the season.

I wonder if Walt will try to get in Lydia's guts :nerd:. I know I would :evil:. Skylar hasn't given him anything in awhile.

Last edited:
What did everyone make out of Walt going on about the painting in the office of the skinheads? Cancer is back?

I think so. When you get news like that you start to appreciate the little things. Reminds me of that story about the guy getting hanged and then starts to see the beauty in the pebbles and grass. The one where he imagines he gets free and runs but it's just in his head. Can't remember what it's called it's a famous short story

Agree with the person who said this was our glimpse at a happy ending. And then the happiness turns to crap literally lol.

Back
Top Bottom