Broke with a job lol

if ur getting 10.50 and making 800 every two weeks u must not have any taxes coming out.
Or I just stated the amount of my checks before tax deduction, seeing as how a majority will come back to me anyways come tax return.

I was bout to say. Im making 13.00 a hr and after benefits and tax deduction Im barely pulling a little over 800 a paycheck.

When I was makin 12.37 I was just pulling in 7 somethin..I find that hard to believe patt

Also seriously if you have no bills and you work there is no reason you should be broke..have atleast a few grand Srs..man I wish I had thizms mindset at your age op..I wanted to buy pradas n **** smh

When I was makin 12.37 I was just pulling in 7 somethin..I find that hard to believe patt

Also seriously if you have no bills and you work there is no reason you should be broke..have atleast a few grand Srs..man I wish I had thizms mindset at your age op..I wanted to buy pradas n **** smh

Or I just stated the amount of my checks before tax deduction, seeing as how a majority will come back to me anyways come tax return.

Serious question...do you like your job OP?

If not, I'm sure there are options in your area for a 19 year old to make more $.

Where are you from?

I still don't get it how is there a ratio between your posts and your screen name? That doesn't make sense to me.
roll.gif

Damn $7.50 is tough...OP cant eem get no new Foams, get fresh for the young yambs out here :smh:

Last edited:
I figured minimum wage would be higher in NYC being that the cost of living is so damn high. I just saw an article on msn that said that the average person in North Dakota would need at least 13.00 to not live paycheck to paycheck.

OP, start doing internships if you haven't already. Do that and stick to ur supermarket job that'll hold off your cell phone bill/transportation/food.
You have the advantage that you're still in school and young, it shows you have drive and potential so you can pretty much intern anywhere. Do 2-4 internships in the next year and half to 2 years. By then you'll have enough experience to apply for a real job or if u impress get hired thru the internship. Just gotta tuff it out for the next 2 years and by the time you're old enough to drink you'll be chilling

What gets me even more mad is my peers seem to have access to the New York that everyone knows it for, economic opportunity. They all have jobs over $10 an hr while I'm stuck with this lame *** supermarket job for $7.50. They both got their jobs through connections its all about who you know it seems. My one guy got it through a pastor at church and my other friend who works at the Liberty Fairs tradeshow got it through his cousin same one who got him a job at Atrium two years back. But my mom and her nurse told me about a job at the hospital she was at (RIP) that was 16 an hr. That was back in January and I applied and never got a call back. I think I'm gonna go after that again. Anyone have any experience with hospital jobs they always seem to pay handsomely.

Get something related to your major, not just because it might pay more.
Retail isn't gonna pay you handsomely
Try and get an office job instead

Back
Top Bottom