Bronze statue of Stephon Marbury is completed, Rodman with a speech at the ceremony (p. 6)

pimp.gif
 classic cover
Originally Posted by MR J 858

A walk down memory lane:
slam-marbury-kg.jpg

Fast forward to today and you can compare KD & Westbrook to this since we keep getting threads like the"Would OKC be better off without Westbrook threads" 
laugh.gif

But really though just glad to see Steph playing again and having success in China.

At least he didn't go out and his life ain't a mess like AI's right now.

Damn, I wanted to come and hate on this but this is AWESOME. I know almost nothing about the CBA but that video really showed how passionate the players and, surprisingly, the fans are.

Also, I love how the CBA made a trophy that uniquely references Chinese history. That is so dope to me. For those that aren't familiar, that trophy is modeled after a very traditional Chinese vessel known as a fang ding. They were traditionally made of bronze and used for rituals by royalty.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 my man 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dude was ballin OUT OF control in the finals and even had a few 50 point games in the semifinals

crazy that in 2012 marbury is out there DOMINATING aaron brooks

Originally Posted by Sea man

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 my man 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dude was ballin OUT OF control in the finals and even had a few 50 point games in the semifinals

crazy that in 2012 marbury is out there DOMINATING aaron brooks

Dude was far from done when he was in the league..That stupid 7 seconds or less system that D'Antoni wanted him to run under was his NBA demise. Then this idiot of a coach benched him for months which killed his confidence and made him rusty as hell so when he went to Boston, his body was far from NBA shape. Plus, even when you're in shape, when you go weeks/months without playing against NBA competition, it's hard to go out there and suddenly be an All-Star again. Steph had at least 2-3 years in this league had a different coach been on the Knicks and given him the confidence he needed

beat the modern day celtics of china. he is a king in beijing these days. starbury brand never been better. looks like he is happy

I wonder if Iverson could follow in Marbury's footsteps, minus the breakdown. Isn't he worshipped in China already?

Happy to see Steph doing well..Was thinking he was losing it when he was eating vasaline and %#$@...Glad he's got his head on straight and still balling.

lot of us Americans are self centerd, feel that anything thats not in the US is subpar but what steph's doing out there deserves respect (with that said Id love to see starbury and AI back in the league.)

Really want to see AI catch on somewhere, even if its China like Marbury. Iconic player, absolute legend who brought a whole new generation of fans to the NBA

Back
Top Bottom