Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

Actual good discussion above.

For those who've been with their girls a while, is marriage something you genuinely want or is it something your ladies are pushing?
Def something the ladies are still pushing. Several women I have talked to in the past few years all play the laid back persona and then it's almost like something clicks in their minds. I've been with my girl for almost a year and she close to giving me ultimatums, other day I caught her looking at engagement rings.I be like whoa chill. 

I don't blame them though, truth is there are dudes out here willing to wife any female that's bad. I aint goin.

Last edited:

Def something the ladies are still pushing. Several women I have talked to in the past few years all play the laid back persona and then it's almost like something clicks in their minds. I've been with my girl for almost a year and she close to giving me ultimatums, other day I caught her looking at engagement rings.I be like whoa chill. 

I don't blame them though, truth is there are dudes out here willing to wife any female that's bad. I aint goin.
Sounds about right.

How old are your ladies? I imagine most of you guys are pretty young/haven't even hit your peak.

I'm 25, the females I have talked to in the past few years have ranged from 22-30. I realize the older I get, the higher my stock rises. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I am 34 years old. I was married once. I will never do it again. 

People are constantly growing, and unfortunately we grew apart. I feel like there are times in life where your path is aligned with another's, and you can coexist together for that time. Some peoples paths may last for a lifetime, but others may not. Rather than force something that isn't meant to be, I'd rather be thankful for the good times and be content with going our separate ways. 

Another reason I will never get married because I know monogamy isn't natural. Knowing it isn't natural makes me not want to force it. Monogamy is the result of females needing safety and security, protecting their infants from infanticide, and the serendipitous result of democracy. I did a thesis on monogamy, and in my research discovered that in democratic nations men relinquished control of their wives in exchange for votes. Even today, countries who do not democracy are predominantly polygamist, and democratic nations all practice monogamy. 

Last edited:
People won't admit it but a lot of people get married because, "Eh, I might as well." Was talking to one of my boys and we were discussing this. He was talking about taking the next step and I asked him WHY. He said, "I mean I might as well."

He is a super Jesus freak, so I think he is desperately looking for a wife. Which is another story

People are constantly growing, and unfortunately we grew apart. I feel like there are times in life where your path is aligned with another's, and you can coexist together for that time. Some peoples paths may last for a lifetime, but others may not. Rather than force something that isn't meant to be, I'd rather be thankful for the good times and be content with going our separate ways. 

Another reason I will never get married because I know monogamy isn't natural. Knowing it isn't natural makes me not want to force it. Monogamy is the result of females needing safety and security, protecting their infants from infanticide, and the serendipitous result of democracy. I did a thesis on monogamy, and in my research discovered that in democratic nations men relinquished control of their wives in exchange for votes. Even today, countries who do not practice monogamy are predominantly polygamist, and democratic nations all practice monogamy. 

Very interesting, I have heard for a while that monogamy is a relatively recent social phenomenon. I would really like to read your paper, would you be willing to share it?

Last edited:
Didn't really read the thread but marriage is an institution that just doesn't work for me. Still want the house and kids but I've seen how that commitment can hold a gun to someone's head financially. Saw my parents destroy each other with the divorce first hand.

I don't even mean just men either. A girl I know from hs got married pretty much right after graduation to some dude in the army. **** was cool until the dude was gonna get sent to Afghanistan and fled his station. Now he's wanted and can't work on the books because they'll find him easy. She can't get a divorce because they'll find him. All this before she hit 20.

Man **** marriage, I'm looking at $1600-2100/mo just for spousal support over the next 3+ years plus another $800 in child support and I have to pay another 78% of special expenses (such as daycare). It only goes down if she decides to get a job, our daughter is already nearly 3 years old! The woman is a bad mom and our daughter would be better off in daycare. There is strictly one reason the system is setup like this,to keep my ex off welfare.

If you've put some effort into life it is NEVER worth dealing with a girl that has done nothing for herself — no matter what you think you know about her or her sob story.

What if the woman makes around the same amount, do you still view it as pointless in that instance?

Last edited:
Didn't really read the thread but marriage is an institution that just doesn't work for me. Still want the house and kids....
This makes me wonder since I want this too and I just accepted I'd have the mother involved if there's an alternative route? :nerd:

I know of women and a few personally that have opted to be a single parent. They pay for that sperm at the sperm back or freeze their eggs and cop some sperm and get a surrogate. Can a man do that?

I think I know that most adoption agencies won't let you adopt as a single parent so if a dude for w/e reason just wanted to be a single dad does he even have any options?

I forget what movie or show it was but it did involve a young kid fresh out of college really wanting to have an Asian baby for w/e reason and after some time actually got to adopt the baby and raise it as a single father :lol: I don't think that'd fly in reality though for many reasons.

Didn't really read the thread but marriage is an institution that just doesn't work for me. Still want the house and kids....
This makes me wonder since I want this too and I just accepted I'd have the mother involved if there's an alternative route? :nerd:

I know of women and a few personally that have opted to be a single parent. They pay for that sperm at the sperm back or freeze their eggs and cop some sperm and get a surrogate. Can a man do that?

I think I know that most adoption agencies won't let you adopt as a single parent so if a dude for w/e reason just wanted to be a single dad does he even have any options?

I forget what movie or show it was but it did involve a young kid fresh out of college really wanting to have an Asian baby for w/e reason and after some time actually got to adopt the baby and raise it as a single father :lol: I don't think that'd fly in reality though for many reasons.

I would imagine if adoption was the route then being a single father just drops you to the bottom of the list. I think finding an egg donor is probably the easier route of all the ways to have a kid without dealing with women.

It's a struggle no matter how you slice it imo so you might as well shoot up the club and see how far you get with shorty.

Another reason I will never get married because I know monogamy isn't natural. Knowing it isn't natural makes me not want to force it. Monogamy is the result of females needing safety and security, protecting their infants from infanticide, and the serendipitous result of democracy. I did a thesis on monogamy, and in my research discovered that in democratic nations men relinquished control of their wives in exchange for votes. Even today, countries who do not practice monogamy are predominantly polygamist, and democratic nations all practice monogamy. 

Great post my man.

You must have read Sex at dawn by Chris Ryan??

Last edited:
I did a thesis on monogamy, and in my research discovered that in democratic nations men relinquished control of their wives in exchange for votes. Even today, countries who do not practice monogamy are predominantly polygamist, and democratic nations all practice monogamy. 

....go on

Man **** marriage, I'm looking at $1600-2100/mo just for spousal support over the next 3+ years plus another $800 in child support and I have to pay another 78% of special expenses (such as daycare). It only goes down if she decides to get a job, our daughter is already nearly 3 years old! The woman is a bad mom and our daughter would be better off in daycare. There is strictly one reason the system is setup like this,to keep my ex off welfare.

If you've put some effort into life it is NEVER worth dealing with a girl that has done nothing for herself — no matter what you think you know about her or her sob story.

damn playa

hate to ask this but looking back didnt you see the signs before you tied the knot?

Last edited:
Great post my man.

You must have read Sex at dawn by Chris Ryan??

I haven't read the book, but I am familar with his research. He attributes agriculture and man settling to monogamy.

I am going to see if I can dig up my paper when I get to work. I love this stuff.

sick.gif
sick.gif

Oh, it's real out here.

That's why us dudes that have been through it are trying to give y'all the heads up.

Advice is free, but that divorce... it'll cost you.

That **** is dark man... :smh:

So would you still have to pay spousal support if you never had kids??

A whole lot of "never get married AGAIN" in this thread..

ITT: My mistakes = the way the world is.

:x :x

Ouch. One of the reasons I got a vasectomy. My youngest is 9, and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Splashing in eeeeerything now without giving one damb

Back
Top Bottom