Building a team - anyone interested in upcoming clothing brand?

I suggest a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram page for your brand. Create a strong online presence, be polite and answer all questions. What you can do is let's say Instagram... You post a picture of a Graphic Tee. Post the picture, then comment after the fact with hash tags and go WAYY overboard. Then delete the comment after it is posted. People often scroll through hash tags and may see your products and be interested in buying. Another is, get your clothes in the spotlight. What I mean is, get your stuff on famous people and in turn... Everybody will rush your site and you may just become the next Obey. People want what the Famous guys have. Just suggestions. Great site and goodluck

remove the Web Design by: Christopher Schneider

its a bigger advertisement than anything on the site itself, and incredibly tacky.

OP, first best of luck with the new venture.

Its a tricky business, but can be both a lot of fun and very rewarding but that comes with a lot of hardships and sometimes heartbreaks.

I cant offer a ton of advice as im not an expert but i have been doing this for about 6 years now and opened my own store about a year ago but two words that you need to learn to live everyday are persistance and consistancy.

You are going to hear more no's then yes, but try not to get discouraged. If its something you really enjoy and want to do, and it sounds like it is then just keep your head down, mind your own and eventually people will catch on if you are both persistant and consistant.

Stay at it man.
Thanks for the good luck,

Congrats on the store opening, thats a big deal, if you dont mind whats the name of it?

also thanks for advice 

I agree with you on the new brand shouldn't start off at a low price point. But that will deter other customers and I.

I have. Obey has raised prices on their graphic tees. Yet, its still one of my fav brands.

This is what I was talking about.

Why would I pay $40 for your shirt when I can purchase a Obey tee for $30.(No offense,of course)
Yea I understand what your saying however, When someone purchases a shirt they will be able to tell the difference between my shirt and a obey shirt,

Thanks for your feedback though and no offense taken

I suggest a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram page for your brand. Create a strong online presence, be polite and answer all questions. What you can do is let's say Instagram... You post a picture of a Graphic Tee. Post the picture, then comment after the fact with hash tags and go WAYY overboard. Then delete the comment after it is posted. People often scroll through hash tags and may see your products and be interested in buying. Another is, get your clothes in the spotlight. What I mean is, get your stuff on famous people and in turn... Everybody will rush your site and you may just become the next Obey. People want what the Famous guys have. Just suggestions. Great site and goodluck
Hey, I agree with a stronger online presence, I get 100+ views daily, but could be better, the whole hashtagging for likes attention is cool and all but in that case people like for the tags as oppose to genuinely liking it. I agree with brands get more attention when celebrities wear it but then ain't that some ish? popularity > quality, but hey thats the business im trying to get in

Vermont(smh lol, funny story how I ended up here) but Im usually in NY every other weekend.

Financial stats as in how much I make from the brand? or how much I've put in? & the brand was officially launched 2 weeks ago but we've been selling things offline and just for friends/people who ask.

The tees & hoodies as of right now are a more higher street wear feel, however that is because to make the clothes that I want to make is more expensive, I cant jump out the gate and mass produce trench coats, wool sweaters, destroyer jackets, ect. (things in the higher fashion realm). So i have to make tees which in their own right are a higher quality in their own right. 

& Live Tu Reve means Live Your Dreams in 3 diff languages.

What's the third language? If you're going for the half English half French thing, you should realize that tu is the first person singular personal pronoun; it's not a possessive pronoun. You would want to use "ton" as reve is masculine and "ton" is the corresponding possessive adjective. Also reve should have an accent on the first e - dunno if you're just not including it because we're on the internet. In short, I'd put some serious consideration into moving away from the corny name you got now.

The Selassie tee in black, and maybe increasing the sizes to XL as well (only looked at the Selassie tee, so I'm not sure if maybe XL was just sold out in that particular one.)

What's the third language? If you're going for the half English half French thing, you should realize that tu is the first person singular personal pronoun; it's not a possessive pronoun. You would want to use "ton" as reve is masculine and "ton" is the corresponding possessive adjective. Also reve should have an accent on the first e - dunno if you're just not including it because we're on the internet. In short, I'd put some serious consideration into moving away from the corny name you got now.
Tu is spanish for your, Live Your Dreams, & corny is subjective. But thanks for the feedback

The Selassie tee in black, and maybe increasing the sizes to XL as well (only looked at the Selassie tee, so I'm not sure if maybe XL was just sold out in that particular one.)
Thanks for feedback,

Selassie has 2XLs left, they did sell out and I forgot to update, thanks once again

Yea I understand what your saying however,[When someone purchases a shirt they will be able to tell the difference between my shirt and a obey shirt,/B]

Thanks for your feedback though and no offense taken

I feel like your site should include this..
Like in the "about us" section.

Tell me why ill be able to tell the difference.
Tell me why yours is better.

Also anyone who was interested in the clothing but said the price was too high, today we will be commemorating the birthday of emperor Halie Selassie and giving 30% off of the entire order when entering the code HAPPYBDAY at checkout

When you have collections dropping shoot the info to jake@swgnt.com

If it fits and is dope, I can throw it up on my site SWGNT

Same goes for all NT clothing brands :pimp:

Last edited:
OP Jeff Staples has a class on skillshare.com going on right now you may want to look into.

When you have collections dropping shoot the info to jake@swgnt.com

If it fits and is dope, I can throw it up on my site SWGNT

Same goes for all NT clothing brands
pimp.gif
thanks fam

clean site

Last edited:
Thanks for the best of luck, I truly appreciate it.

Regarding not being to justify paying 40 dollars for a graphic tee(not my brand but any other brand) it's probably isn't marketed towards you then, not to be disrespectful. It's just preference and target audience, some people cant justify paying 170-250 for a pair of j's and lebrons when nike makes them for a fraction of that price, even if they do buy one they cant justify buying multiple pairs at that price. In fashion they're multiple brands that sell graphic tees for well over 40 dollars, **** lol if you shop at nordstram or barneys you can find plain white tee's ranging from 70-400, mind you these are white tees. Also you have to remember the craftsmanship that goes into this, each shirt me or my gf sew in tags individually, we go out and source tees with the best cotton. So the prices arent based on "trying to be expensive" but more so on quality and time put into crafting. 

But once again and most importantly thanks for checking out the site
that's the attitude you have towards us, huh? You think you gucci, but you're actually fubu. I dont give a eff if your girl sewed the tags in with her toes or if you got the finest cotton from mount pinta pichu...your arrogance is a huge turnoff and i wont be buying anything from this brand. I actually thought your designs were okay, but your attitude is effin terrible. You have nothing to prove to us that your brand is worth the price, except a couple fake hey arnold and goku replica t-shrits that we dont even know that exists.

FYI, i do purchase expensive clothes like $250+ jeans and $170 lebrons, so i guess i am in your target audience.

that's the attitude you have towards us, huh? You think you gucci, but you're actually fubu. I dont give a eff if your girl sewed the tags in with her toes or if you got the finest cotton from mount pinta pichu...your arrogance is a huge turnoff and i wont be buying anything from this brand. I actually thought your designs were okay, but your attitude is effin terrible. You have nothing to prove to us that your brand is worth the price, except a couple fake hey arnold and goku replica t-shrits that we dont even know that exists.

FYI, i do purchase expensive clothes like $250+ jeans and $170 lebrons, so i guess i am in your target audience.
Kind of curious to what kind of arrogance i display?

& FYI if you knew anything, target audience isnt solely based on price. 

A business man will buy a 100 dollar polo tee but wont buy a 100 dollar graphic t-shirt cause thats not his taste

the brand whos selling to the graphic tee isnt usually trying to sell to the business man on wall street so yea.

Target audience isnt allow about price, but location.

Another example is rugby and ralph lauren, same/similar price but it's two diff audiences.

Kind of curious to what kind of arrogance i display?

& FYI if you knew anything, target audience isnt solely based on price. 

A business man will buy a 100 dollar polo tee but wont buy a 100 dollar graphic t-shirt cause thats not his taste

the brand whos selling to the graphic tee isnt usually trying to sell to the business man on wall street so yea.

Target audience isnt allow about price, but location.

Another example is rugby and ralph lauren, same/similar price but it's two diff audiences.
your brand is not polo tho

Back
Top Bottom