Buying Jordans on release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you win some, you lose some. it doesn't really matter, they're just shoes. keep that in perspective and you'll have a good time.

best thing i think to do is, try to buy them online the night before, if that fails go to the mall 3-5 hrs before they open just to be safe.

just go to the store so you don't run into any online glitches or slow traffic and can def get secure a pair in person even though your size isn't too popular

Originally Posted by santi19

Some dude was camping out for the bordeaux spizikes at my local mall
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm sure there were clowns out here doin the same thing.

Originally Posted by zeru

How hard is it to buy jordans on release date? I'm talking about retro's in particular, the olympic midnight 6's, and the olympic 7's scheduled to come out later this year. I wear a size 7.5-8 do these sizes sell out fast? I would prefer to buy my jordans online then the store because it's just easier for me. How long does it take for pys to be sold out of shoes, footlocker, footaction, or finishline? Online and retail. I'm new to buying jordans, just got my first pair a few months ago and looking at the upcoming releases I can't wait to buy them.

just curious with the new Jordan heads coming into the game now.... Why Jordans and who or what influenced you to be a Jordan head???

Originally Posted by super23freak

Just a heads up for those that don't know, Eastbay, Champs, Foot Locker, & Footaction use all the same stock and thus you're essentially ordering from the same place. Hence the servers crashing.
eek.gif
 how ive been in the game for years and NEVER knew that! ... thanks for the info
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Originally Posted by super23freak

Just a heads up for those that don't know, Eastbay, Champs, Foot Locker, & Footaction use all the same stock and thus you're essentially ordering from the same place. Hence the servers crashing.
eek.gif
 how ive been in the game for years and NEVER knew that! ... thanks for the info
pimp.gif

Makes sense now!

At this point with resellers and Hypebeasts just about any hot JB release will be a pain in th @ss. When you have to campout for most J's, Foams, KD and Lebron's you know the game has turned for the worse. If you do your homework then you should be able to get anything you need when they drop or before.

Normally most releases are pretty easy to get. If you live in a busy city like New York, your gonna have to line up before the store opens, but if you live in the burbs then normally you can just get there right when they open and pick em up no problem. I got my True Blue III's in Connecticut 3 day after release. For a more busy release like the concords, if you cant line up try online. NDC (nike store) is always the best and follow there twitter account and wait for them to post the link, to go directly to the page. Finish line normally crashes but if you wait for them to go back up around 1 am they normally still have them.

Philly used to be DEAD when it came to sneakers a few years ago. I loved just walking into an Olympia Sports at around 2pm, scooping up the 11/12 CDP, getting some grub, then going home and 
indifferent.gif
ing the quality on the 11s. Well I didn't love the part, but you get the idea. Nowadays its ridiculous trying to get ANY release.
I work about 70+ hours a week (dropping out of college FTL...Fall semester here I come!) so it's really hard trying to get any release, let alone any quick strikes or anything remotely limited. Beasts in skinny jeans run rampant in my neck of the woods 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

COPPING RETROS AS OF LATE HAS BEEN NO BIG DEAL AS I'M BEGINNING TO SEE INTEREST IN JORDANS STARTING TO DROP.

ONLY THE 11'S ARE COMMANDING REALLY BIG CROWDS NOW A DAYS.

FOR EVERYTHING ELSE JUST WAKE UP AND GO TO STORE WHEN THEY OPEN IN THE MORNING AND COP.

Unfortunately for Jordan Heads, that is just not true. I went to the mall for a CL meet-up the day of the "Cool Grey" 12s release, and stopped into Foot Action and Foot Locker, and both said that there were lines for 'em. For the Cool Greys! If you like those, to each his own, but I was sure that those would be sitting. To me, that was a sign that the hype is getting WORSE on Retro Js. I showed up to the Cav's 4 release at the same mall at 7am, and there were already 60 to 80 people lined up. Luckily, I got a pair, but that was only because they made us make 3 lines instead of 2, and I was able to jump into the 3rd line quickly, moving up from #30something to #10... Got the last "10.5" from Foot Locker... The hype is outta control. I bet every single Retro J that drops this year is going to have a line, even the Military 4s. Maybe not the different 9s that are dropping, but probably a couple of those too. Of course, it varies if you live in a small city, but if you're in a major city, I'd always assume that there will be a line. Peace

Originally Posted by brivx303x23

You guys are really lucky, i live in Denver Colorado and the hype is crazy!. The chicago 10s sold out the same day everyday by like 11 oclock and resellers on craigslist are tryin to sell for about $250 a pair ! thats ridiculous. And theres not many (if any) mom and pop shops around here.

What he said. I stay in Aurora, and I was talking about the Aurora Mall in my previous post. I wish Sneaks had a Jordan account. I really don't think there are ANY mom and pop stores in the Denver/Aurora area selling Js...There WAS a niketown, from what I heard, but it closed down a year ago. I heard their selection was booty tho... Peace

Its being getting a lot harder in the past year or two. Over here in H-town people use to just come out for the 11's. I remember back in 09' I got my raging bulls pack with ease. Got there exactly when the mall opened and only 2 other people were waiting at the store. Then in 10' I got to purchase the infrared pack in my size(9.5) at my local mall about 3 WEEKS after the release date. Now a days with the hype and reselling, dudes are out trying to get ALL new jordan releases and it really makes things difficult. They aren't just coming out ether they are getting to the stores early as well. Then with online releases you can almost expect the servers to crash on new releases no matter what website you go to. So with the state of the shoe game being where it is at right now it is definitely getting much more challenging to get any new releases you like.

My best tip would be to ether get acquainted with associates and managers at your local shoe spots or stick to the old saying "early bird gets the worm" and be on your grind and get to your shoe store early.

here in tampa everybody shows up and kops. majority is to resale.

you'll see whole familys lineing up to get bills paid for that month

you'll see college/high school wearing loafers/flip flops lineing up to resale or buy for their friend who resales

gotta be one step of the resellers at all times and use your resources to your advantages. if people ask you what size you are tell them something different.
also

jordans aint even that great, most are uncomfortable and overpriced with quality. you can get free runs and other shoes that are more comfortable then some jordans which cost twice/3 times as much

yea getting new releases will be a hassle for years to come. i rather pay an extra 50 bucks to avoid the lines in most cases if your local moms and pops shops have them a week early. online has become alot harder cuz most sites crash and sell you a dream about your item being in the cart until u actually try to checkout
30t6p3b.gif

good luck to everybody coppin' to actually wear them instead of selling them!

It depends on where you live.

If you live in an area where Superman was raised, then you good.

If you live in an over populated area, you have to get up extra early or camp out and hopefully youll get ur sz.

Its always good to have alternate methods. i.e. camp out, android phone.

It's nice, in my city releases are slow, most of the LBJ 9's sat on shelves. Summit lakes, Dunkmans, Swingmans, South beach slides, are all sittin still

well i would be in the city where they serve jays to buy jays ..Meaning they always going to sell out fast

Buying Js definitely ain't what it used to be. Nowdays you got all these young punks buying Js just to resell em on the net. How are you going to try & sell a $160 pair of Jordans for $350 two days after the release?? REALLY REALLY?? I'm from the old school where you wear your Js out the store with a fresh 59/50 to match. Your best bet is to already have a low key town on deck that has a mall that don't even have a McDonald's in it but they might have a Champs or Footlocker. And be there the day of release to grab your pot. After the Olympic 6s& the Olive 9s come back out I'm retiring from the shoe game for a 2nd& final time. Too many Foams& too many low quality Jordans nowadays. It's sad the youngins will never know how it feels to have a GOOD pair of Jordan's with Nike Air on the back around their feet.

& they don't even know which Jordan they're buying. They're just there because they know they can flip em tomorrow for almost twice the price. Bammas be keeling me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom