Call of Duty: Ghost | OT | Xmas Gun Camo LIVE for X360, ONE and PC, PS4/3 on 12/18

Wow way to dupe everyone with the whole "new" engine news. :smh: I am disappointed to the max. Second guessing my potential purchase now. I really thought a brand new engine from scratch. **** you activision.

The truth comes out via joystiq:

When Infinity Ward talks about Call of Duty: Ghosts' new engine, the term "new" carries an implied asterisk, at least according to animation lead Zach Volker. "When we're talking about a new engine, we're talking about upgrading significant systems within in that engine – we're not talking about throwing it all away and saying we're starting from the ground up," Volker told Official PlayStation Magazine UK.

Creating a brand-new, from-scratch engine on Infinity Ward's production timeline would require "an army of 200 engineers" according to Volker, so the distinction of "new" is made by how significantly upgraded the latest version of the engine is, as compared to the last.

"We say okay, what are the things that are significant," Volker said, "that are encompassing of the engine or its visual quality? Are those being upgraded in a significant way? Alright then, I think that warrants that we've got a new engine on our hands."

^
Nice SN.

Id like to see more advancement than what they have shown, especially with a new console cycle. Its starting to look dated and frankly, inferior, when compared to Battlefields Frostbite.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Isn't Breathtakingly Next-Gen and That's OK
60 frames-per-second across platforms remains the priority.
by Scott Lowe MAY 29, 2013

Of the limited selection of games Microsoft opted to show at last week's Xbox One presentation, Call of Duty: Ghosts was the only title to offer brief glimpses of gameplay. But despite Activision touting the franchise's next-gen engine, detailed character models, and visually rich environments, Call of Duty: Ghosts wasn't the mind-blowing leap that many may have expected. In fact, it wasn't breathtakingly next-gen at all, and that's OK.

With every new console cycle comes the awkward transition period — the years when developers and publishers bear the burden of developing games that not only take advantage of the powerful new hardware of next-gen, but can also be scaled down for current platforms. In the case of Call of Duty, maintaining a consistent experience across both current- and next-gen hardware is more challenging.

The success of the series can be attributed — at least, in part — to its unrelenting commitments to delivering 60 frames-per-second graphics. While seemingly a minor technical element, Call of Duty's consistently framerates are integral to the fast, fluid feel of its gameplay, which acts as the foundation of its multiplayer modes. Its a feature developers Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games have defended aggressively as the disparity between Call of Duty and titles like Battlefield 3 has become more apparent. But while the two franchises are often pitted against each other in marketing materials and in strategic decisions by their respective publishers, Call of Duty and Battlefield offer drastically different gameplay experiences — emphasizing rapid, tight-quarters combat vs. destructibility and scale.

But it's not as though players of Call of Duty: Ghosts on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One aren't going to see any benefit. Aside from the leap from 720p to 1080p resolution, the game will feature more detailed textures in levels and characters, as well as the new, much boasted improvements to environmental effects and lighting. As we've seen throughout the lifecycle of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, developers will tap into the greater potential of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as time goes on, especially as their respective install bases grow.

Call of Duty has always lagged behind in terms of cutting-edge graphics in favor of preserving core gameplay, and by all measures, the new generation may continue that trend. But with a devout fanbase so large and millions still playing on current platforms, stunting next-gen advances could prove to be a worthy trade-off.

Which do you care about more: state of the art graphics or a rock-solid framerate? Sound off in the comments section below.

LIVE LINK: http://new.livestream.com/callofduty/codghosts
all of Duty[emoji]174[/emoji] is bringing E3 to its fans early. Join hosts Geoff Keighley and Justine Ezarik this Sunday for Call of Duty[emoji]174[/emoji]: Ghosts – All-Access, a live, 30-minute broadcast featuring an exclusive first look at gameplay levels from the title, as well as exclusive behind the scenes footage, interviews with the Infinity Ward team, and more.

Tune into Callofduty.com and other online destinations across the web or watch it on Xbox’s Machinima app, available in 41 countries, on Sunday, June 9th, at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET. Additional broadcast outlets to be announced.

P.S More than likely no MP footage today,

View media item 447783

Last edited:
Call of Duty has always lagged behind in terms of cutting-edge graphics in favor of preserving core gameplay, and by all measures, the new generation may continue that trend. But with a devout fanbase so large and millions still playing on current platforms, stunting next-gen advances could prove to be a worthy trade-off.

Wrong. Take a look at the back of the COD 4 MW box. "Most photo-realistic game to date" or something along those lines.

I give them a little slack on Ghosts, being a cross gen title and all, but who knows how long they'll keep making current gen ports?

Riley :wow: :nthat:

Pretty damn epic trailer from what I can tell. I just need it in HD, not this streamed pixelated garbage.

ibxGXiBfO2G6zR.gif

This scene was WILD :wow: :rofl:

Wrong. Take a look at the back of the COD 4 MW box. "Most photo-realistic game to date" or something along those lines.

I give them a little slack on Ghosts, being a cross gen title and all, but who knows how long they'll keep making current gen ports?

I worded that poorly. Should have said, "Since Call of Duty 4".

I worded that poorly. Should have said, "Since Call of Duty 4".
Yeah, technically, at that time, COD4 was thee most photo-realistic FPS on consoles, but Chris is right, after 4, they pushed more towards gameplay than graphics.

Anyways, I never understood why people get on COD series about graphics, it's really never been about graphics. Although the core gameplay has gotten stale, it's tried and true, and it sells gazillion units. If it aint broke... you know.

I do feel they're to a point in the series that a new adventure is def in need, hopefully Ghost is exactly it.

Last edited:
I remember rolling with the NT squad on the first Black Ops 
nthat.gif

Who saw this? Skip to 1:12 
roll.gif

December working the barrels is pretty much the same thing as Henz working the boulder. Its just the spawnpoint on that side of the map is on the bottom and the players decided to go bridge side instead of hut side, which is why Henz ran into more people.

Sidenote. Im pretty sure Mez 1 (the guy who made the vid) and December were arguing in a thread which this video is a direst result of.
That video was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: tho and Im pretty sure that shut December up because he really had no response to it
We all know December is a camper tho, so nothing new.
And the 3 guys I recognize from the video Henz, Twelfth, and Pootaing are all bums at COD anyways :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I will say December has evolved ever so slightly. But he used to be pretty bad.

That said, nothing will ever beat that vid with Keef. :smh: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom