Calling all OG's - 1999-2005ish

Been lurking since the beginning but not a member until the 15 (i think) reveal/shout out in Slam magazine in 2000...coming up on my 17th NT birthday in November (took me forever to find NT back then too ) back in the dinosaur days of dare I say it DIAL UP, used to only have eastbay magazine and footaction launch calender and a few good connects to get release dates.. I remember Ekin702, wallet breakers, christmas posts and summits with 15 or less people were all we had. Not as much as into kicks these days... well at least not every pair... I sometimes copped multiple colors of the same model on the same release dates, but i do still cop things on a monthly basis. Never thought NT would get this big. The biggest turning point for me was Bun showing up at a H-town sneaker summit. He was a true sneaker head, and the most humble dude you'll ever meet.

I remember Kadoma reserving some court space at west houston indoor center for a NT htown meetup.

I been lurking since 6th grade so probably 2001ish. Made my first name 07 :smokin kingwill days

Just logged in to say i started lurking right after the concord release in 2000 the same weekend the playstation 2 dropped, made an account in 05. 34 now...this site has changed alot, but it has helped me in many ways outside of just shoes...and i thank all the creators that made this site possible daily...

Been a member since 05, crazy to think that was 12 years ago now.

NT has been such a positive influence in my life, and looking back at my previous sn's, and having a timeline of some of my own words, has been priceless. Not to mention the countless advice, and recommendations I have received on this site.

Love it here, never leaving.

I remember Kadoma reserving some court space at west houston indoor center for a NT htown meetup.

Not sure if I was there, I think the last summit I went to was when the first Olympic 7's retroed, everyone was wearing them except me... I'd bought them just didn't match my jersey...LOL If memory serves, it seems like I went to one at warehouse live (I think that was the lication) that's where I net Bun... could a been somewhere else though can't even remember. Those were the good days when shoes actually sold out, lots of QS's, and having to have a connect to secure a certain release. Luckily for me I had a connect at PG and Active Athlete. I still see Nick around, but he's always moving around locations now. I loved it when he was on the east side Nick at AA was a cool dude. Jen at PG was super cool too.

Soph year of high school - joined in the library.

Remember looking at the Philly / NY Summit pics - all the times those dudes went and got pinwheels and throwbacks. Henzo, Q, Kerry and menace5star...never met any of those people but I was always jealous of the proximity they had to sneakers and throwbacks, lol.

First time I set foot here was '02. Made my account beginning of '06. Site has been a part of my life for 15 years :lol:
Still spend way too much time here.

Found nt in 03. Didn't join till 04. Time flies man..

I've lost contact with most of the OG members I met when I joined back in the 10th grade or so. All I have are the two pictures from an LA summit. I believe this may have been the 2nd or 3rd one, circa 2002-2003. The few I keep in touch with aren't into sneakers anymore.

tumblr_mgpfngpKva1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgpfngpKva1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

I went to hs with the dude in the Caro hoody lol

It's crazy how much my interests changed too, I used to be all about the JB forum. I rarely went into the general, & now I spend most of my time in general, and not nearly as much in JB unless around releases. My friend and I used to joke, NT raised us, from trends, music, women, to sports & current events it was nice to have a place to go to that covered everything. Only other forum I still visit is clutchfans.com (for all you Rockets fans, if you're not a member check it out) its pretty good too. it's got a good NBA forum too. Props to Methodman you were way ahead of the curve with NT. Still hard to believe I've collecting for over 20 years I feel like an old man...

I was the other way around man, I didn't care for kicks when I was on NT. Only knew about the site from my finance teacher when we were doing a stock trading contest and he was low key a shoe head, he told us do research on stocks and for some reason he's like if you wanna invest in shoe companies take a look at niketalk.com.

Went on it for the hell of it and the dark background and red lettering was kinda weird so I would check around and kinda liked it, ended being pretty tight with the teacher and he use to resell kicks :lol:

Til about 08 I was strictly in the general, didn't care for Jordan's or anything :lol:

So long story short, ended up finding NT because of my teach back in junior year of high school. Crazy how long ago and how it worked out. Basically been on this website daily for almost 13 years, ****ing crazy.

Back
Top Bottom