Calling all OG's - 1999-2005ish

I found NT when I was in the Army waiting to head home after being injured in training, which is crazy b/c I shouldn't have had any access to the internet since I was technically still a recruit. But they placed me in some random desk job and the civilian ladies were cool as hell, so they let me use the internet. :pimp:

I had kinda lost interest in sneakers b/c after years of moms footing the sneaker bill, I was now a broke college student and couldn't afford them (the Nike voucher for "defective" air bubbles was my hustle back then :lol:). But being in the Army brought the love back since we'd all talk about the newest/latest J's dropping. So at my job I vaguely remember searching for info on the XI's, which led me here in a roundabout *** way. I think back then, Jordans were what brought everyone here. Now I couldn't care less about them. :lol:

Remember finding NT Christmas '02. I was doing something, I can't exactly remember what, but I was on 23isback and somehow ended up on Niketalk. I'm unsure if I found it off myspace, or where, but I signed up in 03 and never looked back.

Good times, good times.

Lurked since about 01-02
Didn’t join until 08
Glad to see NT still flourishing

I followed from the defunct NikePark. Back then i think all we had online was the Al Bundy Society, maybe jersey joes too. Props to anyone who was a regular at those OG sites. I've lurked since day one and joined for a reason I don't remember anymore. I've always appreciated NT though. Now back to lurking.....

Found nt in 03. Didn't join till 04. Time flies man..

I went to hs with the dude in the Caro hoody lol
The Outkast hoody? Oh, that's Reggie. He's around my age, early 30s. Dude was working in retail while in college. I remember I clowned him for blowing his FAFSA check on some Supreme Dunks. He's upper management at a financial firm in DTLA now. Pretty proud of him.

Found more pictures:

CAMPING OUT FOR SNEAKERS IN 2004. This was back when camping out was still a relatively new concept in the pre-bot era. Prior to this, "camping out" was only for the Jordan 11s, and that meant arriving 30 minutes before stores open to secure your size. We arrived at around 10PM the night prior and the line was already halfway through the back of store. This Niketown is in Beverly Hills, which has no public parking. A lot of folks got tickets for illegally parking their cars as the result. There were also no public restrooms anywhere nearby so a lot of folks had to do what they had to do . By morning time, several nearby trees were smelling of urine. This was the first (and last time) I camped out for sneakers. Some people left to go to Niketown Las Vegas in the middle of the night. People in front gave cuts to newcomers in the morning for money. A fight broke out shortly after. Word on the line was that Undefeated was getting pairs too. At that point, people dashed to their cars and left for Undefeated. The line simply migrated to a different location.

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mpg56bDoKn1rux7jzo7_400.jpg

found NT back around end of 02 - early 03 sometime between Jordan XVIIs and XVIIIs

been here off and on, use to stay in JB forum heavy, loved all the old PS competitons, WDYWT, DMP VIs/XIs release (only time i ever camped out)

General was rare but anything car related I was there, Cams Saturn and posting of Whips on the Street including donks etc...

good times, indeed

I followed from the defunct NikePark. Back then i think all we had online was the Al Bundy Society, maybe jersey joes too. Props to anyone who was a regular at those OG sites. I've lurked since day one and joined for a reason I don't remember anymore. I've always appreciated NT though. Now back to lurking.....

Def. remember jerseyjoes forgot about it until you mention it... what is this Al Bundy society ypu speak of.?. Remember pickyourshoes.com? Not sure if they are still around, (last time I checked they weren't doing much Jordan or Nike stuff, ( I think they might have gotten in trouble for selling/reserving shoes before release dates( way before all these stores now offer reserving a pair) I loved that about them, but man I'd run across some gems sometimes there. I loved that site, they had vintage stuff and new releases at good prices too you can't beat that.

found NT by searching info for the retro XI (peep the sign)....got denied so many times trying to sign up and when I did get approved, got banned a few weeks later lol. Didn't make another account til 03 (this account) and kept it clean ever since

Been lurking since 01. Filled out the essay but never got a response. Finally reapplied back in 04. Just changed my name last week lol. How time flies.

In my search of where to buy Nike Air force 1.... Mid 2004 I landed here at NT. Joined 2005!

So much LOL before... from a simple Tiger wood pic reply, man o man! We dont need GIF during that time!

Join date in 2006.. guess I'm a BG

But seriously, been on here for over 10 years :wow: crazy how an online community has been part of my life for longer than most things

What happened to jmadidas?! Need hookups
Snuggles where are you (new avy?)
Aye bastich is back

I too was on NT when I was in high school. This place helped me out a lot as far as info on release dates etc. Back in the mid-late 90s not many were online and the knowledge and info dropped here put me a step (several) when it came to jordan releases.

I never really made a connection with anyone here personally outside of the boards since the early days of NT, but I definitely one of the OGs from back then.

Life happens and I just didn't keep up after a few years, then on and off again, and then now again.
<---------- join date 2000

Def. remember jerseyjoes forgot about it until you mention it... what is this Al Bundy society ypu speak of.?. Remember pickyourshoes.com? Not sure if they are still around, (last time I checked they weren't doing much Jordan or Nike stuff, ( I think they might have gotten in trouble for selling/reserving shoes before release dates( way before all these stores now offer reserving a pair) I loved that about them, but man I'd run across some gems sometimes there. I loved that site, they had vintage stuff and new releases at good prices too you can't beat that.
Here's a write up I found about the Al Bundy Society: http://www.defynewyork.com/2014/02/...neaker-culture-part-3-al-bundys-shoe-society/

If I'm not mistaken, he was the first and only source online in the late '90s (in my opinion the golden age of snekers). Brings back good memories.

Came over when nike park collapsed made my account in 01 what a great time for Jordan retros, I've chilled on the sneakers quite a bit but still love this community and everything it offers

Back
Top Bottom