Calling all OG's - 1999-2005ish

mclilbit

ForceField
I looked for a thread, but couldn't find one. I do apologize if there is one buried somewhere.

It's been a really long time since I have logged into this site - probably 2-3 years. I recently watched the Netflix original about Tinker Hatfield the other week and it brought back all of the memories. So many memories that I dug out a few pairs of old Jordans and Nikes from the closet and dusted them off. Since then, I've reached out to old friends like Retrokid (23 Jumpman St.), Method Man, Jersey Joe, and Eric Bros from NikePark. It's been fun catching up on life.

My original join date - Dec. 24 1999. When I was on this site, I was just a little ole teenager (13 - 18 years old) back in the day and I am now about to turn 33 in August (time flies).

It would be incredible if by chance there are some others from this original era of 1999 - mid 2000's still lurking around. Don't be shy and chime in!

I'll leave with you my high school senior photo (you can certainly laugh, because I still do).

will_senior_photo_shoes.jpg

I've lost contact with most of the OG members I met when I joined back in the 10th grade or so. All I have are the two pictures from an LA summit. I believe this may have been the 2nd or 3rd one, circa 2002-2003. The few I keep in touch with aren't into sneakers anymore.

tumblr_mgpfngpKva1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgpfngpKva1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

Oh wow. My have the trends for what guys wear changed. Cool photos though!

I been lurking this site since about '04. Joined up in '06.

Been lurking since the beginning but not a member until the 15 (i think) reveal/shout out in Slam magazine in 2000...coming up on my 17th NT birthday in November (took me forever to find NT back then too ) back in the dinosaur days of dare I say it DIAL UP, used to only have eastbay magazine and footaction launch calender and a few good connects to get release dates.. I remember Ekin702, wallet breakers, christmas posts and summits with 15 or less people were all we had. Not as much as into kicks these days... well at least not every pair... I sometimes copped multiple colors of the same model on the same release dates, but i do still cop things on a monthly basis. Never thought NT would get this big. The biggest turning point for me was Bun showing up at a H-town sneaker summit. He was a true sneaker head, and the most humble dude you'll ever meet.

Last edited:
I've lost contact with most of the OG members I met when I joined back in the 10th grade or so. All I have are the two pictures from an LA summit. I believe this may have been the 2nd or 3rd one, circa 2002-2003. The few I keep in touch with aren't into sneakers anymore.

tumblr_mgpfngpKva1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgpfngpKva1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

Are those wu tang dunks?!?!?

I've been on here under a few different names since 2006. Right after that era. I lurked in 2005.

Still here.

Been here since 99' , lost my other name when NT converted to a new platform.

Back
Top Bottom