Cam'ron is top 10 dead or alive

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

illphillip wrote:
anDown Goes Frasier wrote:
I R Andre wrote:
SOLEin1 wrote:
he sucks.

and you're not too smart are you, but back to the original discussion.

kool g rap, nas, mobb deep, az, jay-z, biggie, raekwon, rakim, big pun, ghostface killah
not forgetting cormega, EPMD, killah priest
I feel like a lot of you are just naming rappers you THINK deserve to be above Cam. Really? Kool G rap? ghost? Kilah priest?! mega def isnt better and EPMD is a group smart guy all of which cam is better than individually- hell as a group too.

You cant recite any lyrics from these rappers from their last 2-3 albums off the top of your head and i gaurantee it. Cam started the swagger movement as previously stated and doesn't even get the respect he deserves. Maino stole the "hi hater" thing from Cam too(see boy boy off purple haze), Cam's slang, way he dresses is way more influential than some of these guys you're mentioning. Dudes is straight up just mentioning old rappers to make themselves seem more well versed on hip hop knowing damn well they dont listen to them. I'm surprised i didnt hear grand master flash or Kool Moe Dee over cam too.

listen to him he speaks truth

You serious? He speaks very suspect nonsense.

Talking about swagger, Cam's slang, the way he dresses being "influential".

So Hip Hop is a fashion show now? That's what we judge MC's on? And WHAT exactly about Cam was so influential? Just because he had a couple of thousand jokers running around the city swagger jacking him doesn't make him "influential".

I won't argue Ghost or Mega because maybe that's a toss up. But I'd still take Ghost and Mega. But to argue that word for word, bar for bar, Kool G Rap is not nicer than Cam is a joke. You obviously don't listen to these cats. Take it from people who have/do. Cam ain't !$!$+$+ with them. Pun, Kane, Jay, G Rap, Rakim, Chuck D, KRS, BIG, Slick Rick, Em. Flow, lyrical content/quality subject matter, rhyme structure, storytelling.

Cam is actually just above average when you think about it. You could argue that cats like Fab, Jada, Banks at times, Ghost, AZ, Mega etc. are on the same level. So Top 10? Hell no.
thats what hip hop was/is a fashion show.�when is started thats what it was all about getting fresh and and rhyming. not all this wanna gangsta stuff, couple of thousand... really??? the city was spit in half between DIPSET and G-Unit @ the time, and everyone who was fly dressed like DIPSET and if you were not or tried to be you wore a g-unit bro aka man bra

�� And I bumped 4,5,6 last week.
and I bumped 357 this morning

���

Look son. Just from the way you communicate, I can tell we are not really on the same level.

If you think Hip Hop was/is a fashion show, you are clueless. Don't even tell me about what it was "when it started" like you were around then.Yes cats got fresh. Had the custom Gucci/LV suits. And still get fresh. You seriously think that makes someone "Top 10"? That he dresses nice? Whatkind of feminine nonsense is this? And dudes like Rakim and Kane who were rocking the custom suits were also ILL MC's.

And all that dressing like Dipset vs. G-Unit nonsense you're talking is kiddie +%*$. No real dudes were caught up in that. I live in NY. That was some highschooler/shorties swagger jacking their favorite rapper. That's not influence. Fab got his little dudes. Dips have their little dudes. Gunit. Kanye got hislittle dudes trying to be him.

That ain't "influence" or a "movement". It's kiddie +%*$. Were talking about a rapper being Top 10 and you're talking aboutkids dressing like rappers. That ain't even the same conversation. Cam is nothing special. He's just another rapper. If Cam was a NICER MC than G Rap,Kane etc., I would say it. But word for word he isn't. That's why ya'll keep trying to talk "swagger" and "style". But Ican't get with that feminine talk.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Wait....

This is you right?

Enphanate?

Y'all like the midwest division of dipset...I can see why you hold Cam so close to your heart...he birthed your whole style.
laugh.gif
planbeats accused enphan of having no BDK knowledge..so he wiki's BDK's audiobiography on wikispace.com...smh
roll.gif
roll.gif

there's no more arguement here..camron has and never will be mentioned within the top 10 rappers in NY, top 10 D.O.A, or any top 10 for that matter. noneof his material is as relevant as so many other legends in the hip hop game

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by viintage

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Wait....

This is you right?

Enphanate?

Y'all like the midwest division of dipset...I can see why you hold Cam so close to your heart...he birthed your whole style.
laugh.gif
planbeats accused enphan of having no BDK knowledge..so he wiki's BDK's audiobiography on wikispace.com...smh
roll.gif
roll.gif
I been said i dont f- with BDK....

So yes, i went to check in on what he's been up to the past 3 years...

2008: "Across The Board" (from the Connie Price and the Keystones vinyl single)

.....right.
eyes.gif

The whole thread is on the influence/lyrical content/style of the rapper. NOT whether or not they're getting played in 2008. Don't be so close minded.Who would be rocking a chain if BDK didn't? Jay would still be rapping like he drank sour milk if he didn't get on BDKs style. Im not trying to say hesthe greatest now and his stuff is somewhat outdated, but still his influence/lyrical content/style is top ten worthy.

and you can flame all you want about guru. Ive just been a fan of his style since he came out.

like bigtimejerky said

The whole thread is on the influence/lyrical content/style of the rapper. NOT whether or not they're getting played in 2008. Don't be so close minded.

i wasnt arguing whethr cam is top 10 or not, i was arguing people putting Big Daddy Kane AND Guru in their top 10......
Why exactly are you arguing who anybody puts on a list. Guru I feel you on, but if BDK on anyones list, it isn't far fetched......or evenclose to being.
When it comes to rapping dude was the total package. Lyrics, dancing, style, street and feminine appeal, not to mention influence. You can see his dnasprinkled on Big and Jay tracks, among others.

What more do you want out of a top ten mc?

Wait...so dance isn't part of hip hop now? I must not have gotten that memo.

And because a dude hasnt put out music recently it takes away from who they are and what they have done?

But music aside, his style is being copied 20 years later. Who do you think popularized flat top fades and gucci links that teenagers today are failingmiserably at attempting.

i, personally, think rap has evolved......
So by this logic you don't listen to anything over 5 years old.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Wait...so dance isn't part of hip hop now? I must not have gotten that memo.

And because a dude hasnt put out music recently it takes away from who they are and what they have done?

But music aside, his style is being copied 20 years later. Who do you think popularized flat top fades and gucci links that teenagers today are failing miserably at attempting.

i, personally, think rap has evolved......
So by this logic you don't listen to anything over 5 years old.

your argument is flawed. Dance is a part of hip-hop, but has nothing to do with rap. I agree BDK was the first dude rocking big chains, sittingon thrones, and parlayin with %%%@, but as an MC aside from his subject matter and swagger on the mic (things all of you have tried to discount when I mentionCam's influences) what has he really done for rap?

But this isn't a discussion on BDK so that's all I'm going to say to that. I had a response to something illphilip said, but I can't type itall out right now, I'll be back after the library. peace.

I done heard everything

Cam'ron Better than Big Daddy Kane? And Guru? Sorry but Guru is way nicer than Cam

Shock posting at its finest

Only on NT

Originally Posted by AK Nako

^ Cam is a better individual MC than Guru.

and I actually like Gangstarr a lot.

I dont think so, bar for bar Guru is steps above him. Cam is not a MC, most his raps dont make sense at all

Originally Posted by mossman75

I done heard everything

Cam'ron Better than Big Daddy Kane? And Guru? Sorry but Guru is way nicer than Cam

Only on NT
Aren't you that white kid that got photoshopped a million times? Yeah..white people from middle america trying to tell me anything about rapis hilarious. I hate these nerd rap fans take their opinions from the masses. Next thing I know some one is gonna say brother ali or planet asia is better thanCam just to sound like they are too 'hip hop' for the rest of us.

Originally Posted by I R Andre

I done heard everything

Only on NT
Aren't you that white kid that got photoshopped a million times? Yeah..white people from middle america trying to tell me anything about rap is hilarious. I hate these nerd rap fans take their opinions from the masses. Next thing I know some one is gonna say brother ali or planet asia is better than Cam just to sound like they are too 'hip hop' for the rest of us.

you must got me mixed up with somebody else

I dont think so, bar for bar Guru is steps above him. Cam is not a MC, most his raps dont make sense at all

Man, this is where I think cats are bugging. Guru is one of those "i rather READ his lyrics then HEAR him spit it" rappers. He has NO kindadelivery at all. Oh let me guess, "he has that 'cool' monotone" right? Please. I can recite as many Gangstarr songs as most of you sodon't try to come at me with "you dont know Gangstarr, etc" crap, but y'all bugging if you think Guru is better than Cam. Again, I bet theONLY reason y'all say that is because he's considerered "REAL HIPHOP" right?
eyes.gif

Like MANY have said on here, cats are just naming rappers they THINK should be above Cam cause of their "Real HipHop" representing status.

I am a HUGE Cam fan like i said in my earlier thread and i don't think he's top 10 but some of the rappers you guys are naming above Cam is $@%+*@%nene HILARIO!!!!!!!!!!

so you admit that you had never listened to Cam prior to Purple Haze?

but as an MC aside from his subject matter and swagger on the mic (things all of you have tried to discount when I mention Cam's influences) what has he really done for rap?
You answered your own question. He brought those things to the table and countless other rappers ran with it...i.e. Big and Jay.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

so you admit that you had never listened to Cam prior to Purple Haze?

No i didn't admit nothing, i heard all Cam's album and he was never nothing special to me

I was wondering how this thread still had legs. The last two pages alone are funny but yet so sad at the same time. We've got to do better!!

^^^^I was wondering the same thing every other page is like a new thread...went from pun to big L to BDK to Guru...the title simply reads is Cam top 10 dead oralive...and still the answer is No Helllll No!

Back
Top Bottom