Cam'ron is top 10 dead or alive

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

^ And music is art.
exactly, so if someone considers graffiti vandalisim and others consider it self expression who's to say one is wrong and one is right?

bottomline, killa cam is top 10 in NYC

Where should I begin? I'm pompous, 1,000 wins accomplished.. Known throughout the atlas, honest.. Spin the compass

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

10 in NY in no specific order
kool g rap, nas, mobb deep, az, jay-z, biggie, raekwon, rakim, big pun, ghostface killah
not forgetting cormega, EPMD, killah priest
this is new york alone, like you said....
where in the hell does cam fit in?

"Naw Mase is better than Cam'rom"

Go to church or something. Cam is 20 years ahead of his time, best ever, I hope crime pays is as good as purple haze or come home with me

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

BWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH@ homie listing chuck D
like i said, 99% of the people replying here are doing so based on who they THINK they should be listing ahead of Cam. Most of them have never even listened to the majority of the artists they listed.

Yeah because only hypebeasts listen to Chuck D
grin.gif
How can you not list Chuck D as a top 10 rapper outta NY when he is mainly the reason why socially conscious hip-hop became somewhat popular in the early 90's. Inspired a whole bunch of cats from Dead Prez, Talib, Mos Def, ATCQ & etc. Chuck D sold more records, has more classic tracks, inspired more artists and is significantly more important an artist to Hip-hop than Cam.

umm Paris wrote chuck d's rhumes so putting him top 10 is like putting Ben Johnson top sprinter

Originally Posted by viintage

kool g rap, nas, mobb deep, az, jay-z, biggie, raekwon, rakim, big pun, ghostface killah
everyone i crossed out Cam is better. Big pun didnt put out enough material for me to put him above cam even though biggie made less records thanpan his were more quality packed

everyone i crossed out Cam is better.

if you asked ANY RAPPER (outside of dipset) who the top 10 of all time is i guarantee NO ONE would have camron on their list.

everyone i crossed out Cam is better.

some of these lists are horrible...

1. nas
2. pac
3. biggie
4. jay
5. rakim
6. big L
7. raekwon
8. big kane
9. guru
10. cube

id put camron at best 15...

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Cam is better than Ghostface and Mega?

NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
yall make fun of cam with your cliche fruity tooty rhymes but ghost is the same dude that spit

Wallo's comfortable, chocolate frosting
Your socks hangin out, yours is talkin
Rock so steadily, son, I'm still crazy
Sport my old Force MD furs in the 80's
Nat Turners wit burners, Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Taught y'all %$$++* how to rap, reimburse me
Rothsdale's, ruby red sales, Bloomingdale's, blocks
Ox tails chopped up in Caribbean spots
I'm nice, maxed out, creepin wit the ax out
Murder these bikini +@$%!++, switchin with they backs out

I'm just trying to have an objective mature discussion with y'all and people are in here trying to get their post count up. explain to me why based on his career's work Cam is not top 10.
You're not having an objective discussion because you're being subjective in refusing to believe that Cam isn't top 10.

Just like everyone else is being subjective in believing that he's not.

Honestly though...

Is Cam'ron a better rapper than Rakim? No. Jay? No. Nas? No. Biggie? No. Big Daddy Kane? No. OC? No. Kool G Rap? No.

And that list can go on and on.

but the question that no one's really answered is, "what's your criteria?" like when you make your top 10 list, what really areyou going by, and based on that are you really giving cam'ron fair consideration?

yall make fun of cam with your cliche fruity tooty rhymes but ghost is the same dude that spit
I didn't make fun of Cam for that, but Ghost does those nonsensical rhymes 100x better than him.

Knock knock, who's there? Killa Cam, Killa who?
Killa Cam, hustler, grinder, gorilla true
Oh my chinchilla blue, blue you ever dealt with a dealer
Well here's the deal ma we goin to the dealer booth
No concealin, no ceiling I don't need a roof
Act up, get out, I don't need you poof
Poof, be gone, damn tough luck dag
Dag, %#+!%* still doin puff puff pass
Pull the truck up fast and I tell 'em
Hey, back in a touched up Jag, +!!*
Y'all %#+!%* want Killa Cam, cerebellum
An old man just gon' tell 'em (too late, he, gone)
Then I see how y'all gonna react when I'm (gone)
My last girl want me back then I'm on
Fine stay, you got the grind hey
Came back, read what the sign say (too late, he, gone)
Yes I know you wanna see my demise
Yeah you church boy actin like a thief in disguise
Ain't leavin my side, see the greed in my eyes
Ask Abby y'all hustle for a week to the Chi, +!!*
And that ain't leavin a lie, please believe me
Gave Weezy a piece of the pie, and
You can ask George or Regina
The whole Westside I explore with the Beemer now

I didn't make fun of Cam for that, but Ghost does those nonsensical rhymes 100x better than him.

i have to disagree when Ghost does nonsense i go
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
what he just say? with cam its
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I get what hes saying but why he say it like that?
and for the record Cam killed pun on this

Cam did get off on that song^^^ but no way he's better than Pun nooooooo way...gosh...sometimes I wonder about you _'s...this thread has got outtahand...lol

Originally Posted by SOLEin1

he sucks.

and you're not too smart are you, but back to the original discussion.

I feel like a lot of you are just naming rappers you THINK deserve to be above Cam. Really? Kool G rap? ghost? Kilah priest?! mega def isnt betterand EPMD is a group smart guy all of which cam is better than individually- hell as a group too.

You cant recite any lyrics from these rappers from their last 2-3 albums off the top of your head and i gaurantee it. Cam started the swagger movement aspreviously stated and doesn't even get the respect he deserves. Maino stole the "hi hater" thing from Cam too(see boy boy off purple haze),Cam's slang, way he dresses is way more influential than some of these guys you're mentioning. Dudes is straight up just mentioning old rappers to makethemselves seem more well versed on hip hop knowing damn well they dont listen to them. I'm surprised i didnt hear grand master flash or Kool Moe Dee overcam too.

Your Swag should not be any factor in determining of how good of a rapper you are just because you influenced people how to dress doesn't make you a goodrapper or cause just maino took hi hater from Cam doesn't make him him ultra influential. album sales should not play a great role because then 50 centshould be dragged in this convo (def not saying he's top ten) or some trash like soulja boy could be pulled into other rap convos. Being a good rapper should be directly determined by your bars on the track and if you bodied the track or not becausetruthfully a lot of that stuff is just the business aspect of rap and maintaining an image. with that being said Cam is a good rapper. has his bright spots forme its confessions or fire and S.D.E But Cam is not a top ten rapper not dead or alive. maybe he would be if he didnt have so much antics. but this isnt worldof if's. but some of you dudes wilding talking bout cam not top 50. Oh yeah no way he is def not better than pun either

Back
Top Bottom