Cam'ron is top 10 dead or alive

I comletely agree. Not to say I understad 100% of what Cam says, but I damsure understand a lot of them. Most of what Cam says is his reality place in music.Dudes talk about they want rappers to have messages and all that etc...that's kool and all. But at the end of the day, I want to appreciate how a rapperraps. Most of what Cam raps about is things I can appreciate, also another reason why hes in my personal top 10. I can't read this whole thread, buthonestly nobody is gnna change my opinion on who my favorite rapper is.

YOYOOOOOOO!

Y'all cats are hilarious.

At the end of the day....Cam isn't even clearly better than his peers like Wayne and T.I. much less the Legends.

Get this thread outta here.

Biggie, Jay, Nas, Pac, Rakim, Pun, Common, Eminem, AZ, Andre 3K, Ice Cube, KRS, Kool G, Chuck D, Kane, Slick Rick, Busta, LL .....he's not better thananyone on that list and thats not debatable.

He's in the category of Fab, Beans, Talib, Jada and Styles. Good with a chance to be great if they drop 1 or 2 classics and stay conssitent....but outof that group his most recent work is by FAR the weakest.

Young boys like Lupe and Buddens will probably rank higher than Cam within 2-3 years and he's been in the game for over a decade already, thats to showhow irrelevant hes been.

Cam is entertaining (at times....not at all recently), if he had delivered 2 more S.D.E.'s this discussion would have been a little more realistic (butstill far-fetched). Cam and Prodigy are close to the same ranking as far as all time greats IMO.

Y'all _s just infatuated with another man's swag
sick.gif
....faceit.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Y'all cats are hilarious.

At the end of the day....Cam isn't even clearly better than his peers like Wayne and T.I. much less the Legends.

Get this thread outta here.

Biggie, Jay, Nas, Pac, Rakim, Pun, Common, Eminem, AZ, Andre 3K, Ice Cube, KRS, Kool G, Chuck D, Kane, Slick Rick, Busta, LL .....he's not better than anyone on that list and thats not debatable.

He's in the category of Fab, Beans, Talib, Jada and Styles. Good with a chance to be great if they drop 1 or 2 classics and stay conssitent....but out of that group his most recent work is by FAR the weakest.

Young boys like Lupe and Buddens will probably rank higher than Cam within 2-3 years and he's been in the game for over a decade already, thats to show how irrelevant hes been.

Cam is entertaining (at times....not at all recently), if he had delivered 2 more S.D.E.'s this discussion would have been a little more realistic (but still far-fetched). Cam and Prodigy are close to the same ranking as far as all time greats IMO.

Y'all _s just infatuated with another man's swag
sick.gif
....face it.
I'm not even one of those dudes on here to use gifs but you're annoying

969.gif

I hate when people make subjective, opiniated points and try to pass them as fact.

The people you name as his "peers" have been greatly influenced by Cam. Wayne the most obviously. So if we're to take the "legends"based solely off the fact that without them contemporary artists wouldnt be doing what they're doing the way theyre doing it, then doesnt that put Cam upthere? Why does an argument that stands for BDK or Guru, not stand for Cam?

And based on this thread alone, the criteria you're using to judge Cam'ron you're ignoring for other artists. Budden?!!?? Really? Based on what? What makes him better than Cam? I know it's not his recent stuff... It can't be his entire portfolio of work because he's put out as much garbageas anyone whether or not you want to accept it.

What separates Cam from the rest of the names you listed up there because as far as I can tell they've alll gotten worse with age. What makes the qualityof Cam's music "falling off" any more atrocious than any of them?

My point is think about why Cam isn't in your top 10 (or top 50 to some of you
eyes.gif
) then look at the criteria you used to make that top 10 list. Is it really that absurd when you think about it that he maybeee deservesconsideration in there along with some of the others? Really think about it and dont just argue blindly.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Cam is not even in the top 50. Influence, really? Pharrell is more influential than Cam by a long shot, and hes not even a good rapper.

what bothers me about your reply and all the replies saying Cam ISN'T top 10 is that none of you have any reasoning for why not. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. But why? I'm a reasonable and rational person. Anyone on here can attest to that.

So tell me, why is Cam not top 10? All things considered, I can give you several reasons for why I'd accept an argument that he is:

1. Influence
- Like it or not, Cam (even more so than Ma$e and Big L) spawned today's generation of not just Harlem, but NYC rappers. Flow, rhyme style, content, language... You might not want to admit it, but Cam has had a bigger influence on your favorite musicians than you might have realized.
Please tell me WHO? Besides anyone associated with Dipset. I mean really who? What rapper known rapper was influenced by him? What rapper that isnot affiliated with him actually considers him to be top 10? You said not just, Harlem but, NYC rappers, tell me somebody he influenced that is not asscoiatedwith him, that is not from NY.

Anybody can say __rapper x___ spawned today's generation of not just _this city_, but __this city___ rappers as well. Flow, rhyme style,content, language... You might not want to admit it, but _rapper x__ has had a bigger influence on yourfavorite musicians than you might have realized.

Somebody was talking about whens the last time you heard a Big Daddy Kane on the radio. Vs Cam being on the radio. I hear maybe like 1-2 times a year on theradio, of course its either "Oh Boy" or "Hey Ma"
laugh.gif
Ihear Big Daddy Kane every month or two on a flash back day or something.

You called Killer Mike....hate music.

Why would I care what you have to say?
laugh.gif

_ outta here lame.
That song was hate music- you're just in denial. I like how he sonned you tho and then you ignore it
roll.gif

out of line.

Originally Posted by I R Andre

laugh.gif

_ outta here lame.
That song was hate music- you're just in denial. I like how he sonned you tho and then you ignore it
roll.gif

How did he son me..cause he posted a GIF?

None of his points made sense...

Cam greatly influenced Talib, Beans, Fab, Styles and T.I.? Word....See what I mean about _s d-riding?

And I didn't say that Buddens was better than Cam, eventhough he is...I said that in 2-3 years him and Lupe will probably be looked at in a higher lightthan Cam....

What race got to do with it?

Ain't Nako a white boy too?....
nerd.gif

Anyway...how the F_ has Cam influenced today's NY MCs?...Name these MCs and how they are influenced by Cam....

nerd.gif

Anyway...how the F_ has Cam influenced today's NY MCs?...Name these MCs and how they are influenced by Cam....
Any one in the swagger movement is influenced by cam cuz he started it I.E.
Jim Jones
Juelz
Wayne
Jay
T.I.

etc etc. He started the 'swag' movement and then people followed suit how is that not influential I dont get it, and Nako's black and all hispoints made sense to me. He asked you questions and you ignored them and instead responded with personal attacks. That's a sign of a weak argument imo.

nerd.gif

Jim Jones
Juelz
Wayne
Jay
T.I.

etc etc. He started the 'swag' movement and then people followed suit how is that not influential I dont get it, and Nako's black and all his points made sense to me. He asked you questions and you ignored them and instead responded with personal attacks. That's a sign of a weak argument imo.

Money you sound so every rebuttal you'veadded is about a MAN's SWAG whose claim to fame is popularizing the color PINK. Why are you so obsessed with his swag why is that so important to YOU, youseem like the cat that walks down the street rapping lines on some im reallllllyy doing it my swag on Super Saiyan 7 type sh-- A person thats so easilyimpressed with another male's swag obviously doesnt have much himself. Can you give valid arguments besides swag

.:waits to be called jay-z d--- rider, Jay cum guzzler and etc:.

nerd.gif

Jim Jones
Juelz

Wayne
Jay
T.I.

etc etc. He started the 'swag' movement and then people followed suit how is that not influential I dont get it, and Nako's black and all his points made sense to me. He asked you questions and you ignored them and instead responded with personal attacks. That's a sign of a weak argument imo.

laugh.gif

You got it Dre...Cam started a "swagger movement" and he influenced 2 cats in his own camp and Jay-Z and T.I.

My argument is weak...you right.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

nerd.gif

Jim Jones
Juelz
Wayne
Jay
T.I.

Money you sound so every rebuttal you've added is about a MAN's SWAG whose claim to fame is popularizing the color PINK. Why are you so obsessed with his swag why is that so important to YOU, you seem like the cat that walks down the street rapping lines on some im reallllllyy doing it my swag on Super Saiyan 7 type sh-- A person thats so easily impressed with another male's swag obviously doesnt have much himself. Can you give valid arguments besides swag

.:waits to be called jay-z d--- rider, Jay cum guzzler and etc:.
Its not important to me, I'm saying he made it popular- n I know what you look like fam so you don't wanna do the personal insult thingwith me- you aint faceless any more this isn't 2006.

and you're a jay-z rider,*** guzzler, and there's no such thing as super Saiyan 7 cuz they stopped at 4 in GT.
tongue.gif

You got it Dre...Cam started a "swagger movement" and he influenced 2 cats in his own camp and Jay-Z and T.I.

My argument is weak...you right.

It is weak, nako posed questions you didn't answer them and instead you're addressing me. I'm not even really debating with you.

laugh.gif

_ outta here lame.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AK Nako

Cam is not even in the top 50. Influence, really? Pharrell is more influential than Cam by a long shot, and hes not even a good rapper.

what bothers me about your reply and all the replies saying Cam ISN'T top 10 is that none of you have any reasoning for why not. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. But why? I'm a reasonable and rational person. Anyone on here can attest to that.

So tell me, why is Cam not top 10? All things considered, I can give you several reasons for why I'd accept an argument that he is:

1. Influence
- Like it or not, Cam (even more so than Ma$e and Big L) spawned today's generation of not just Harlem, but NYC rappers. Flow, rhyme style, content, language... You might not want to admit it, but Cam has had a bigger influence on your favorite musicians than you might have realized.
Please tell me WHO? Besides anyone associated with Dipset. I mean really who? What rapper known rapper was influenced by him? What rapper that is not affiliated with him actually considers him to be top 10? You said not just, Harlem but, NYC rappers, tell me somebody he influenced that is not asscoiated with him, that is not from NY.

Anybody can say __rapper x___ spawned today's generation of not just _this city_, but __this city___ rappers as well. Flow, rhyme style, content, language... You might not want to admit it, but _rapper x__ has had a bigger influence on your favorite musicians than you might have realized.

Somebody was talking about whens the last time you heard a Big Daddy Kane on the radio. Vs Cam being on the radio. I hear maybe like 1-2 times a year on the radio, of course its either "Oh Boy" or "Hey Ma"
laugh.gif
I hear Big Daddy Kane every month or two on a flash back day or something.
You live in California, and you're a white kid that stole black culture. Opinion= null and void. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and its obvious sit this one out. Go curl up with your Mr. Fab CD and call it a night.
Thats a shame you couldn't answer my question which proves my point even more. You must be a kid because kids pull the race card. I'mgrown speak with respect for a change why do you have to be so defensive? You said I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about yet I just asked you totell me something and what did you do? You didn't. I'm not saying that your wrong or anything I just wanted to know who? Chill

Wait Cam influenced JAY???????????
Ok maybe i was reaching with Jay, Jay the GOAT but Cam has def had some influence on some rappers you gotta at least give him that. Maino stole hihater from a cam song among other rappers as well that were some what influenced by him.

out of line.

Im not debating with nobody....I said my piece, homeboy responded....I ain't feel that money's comments deserved to be addressed....so Ididn't.

Plus I already said you got it B.....Cam invented swagger and everyone else is just riding his wave. I get it now.

I'm just trying to soak up the jewels from here on in....I mean, you are the professor of swag...your anime knowledge is all the way up...you knockingthem down left and right...you bout to be caking with that Associate degree in Photoshop from Howard....so I know that your taste in Hip-Hop must be equallyofficial.

You just an all around official dude. I was wrong for even having my own opinion.....

2exbl0i.jpg

There nothing to even argue about anymore....you're swagger overpowered me......you on a hundred, thousand, trillion right now ma dude (peep the poppedcollar and southpolt mongram
pimp.gif
). Cam is top 10 and Dre is the Swami ofSwagger....
smokin.gif

***POPS IN PURPLE HAZE AND TRIES TO GET SWAGGER LIKE DRE***

Its all about the swagger y'all...allll about the swagger.

Damn, I love being me heterosexual men even save my picture to their hard drive.
pimp.gif

and my Anime knowledge is over 9000

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Since when was swagger a claim to fame?

Wait Cam influenced JAY???????????
Ok maybe i was reaching with Jay, Jay the GOAT but Cam has def had some influence on some rappers you gotta at least give him that. Maino stole hi hater from a cam song among other rappers as well that were some what influenced by him.

Thats a shame you couldn't answer my question which proves my point even more. You must be a kid because kids pull the race card. I'm grown speak with respect for a change why do you have to be so defensive? You said I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about yet I just asked you to tell me something and what did you do? You didn't. I'm not saying that your wrong or anything I just wanted to know who? Chill
I could answer your question I'm just choosing not to, you're a leech on the underbelly of black culture. Go away, the day I take a white kid seriously that had corn rows in a discussion on rap is the day I vote republican.

roll.gif
You already did that a few times, I mean avoid questions sowhy do you keep posting ignorant things if your going to avoid questions? How old are you seriously? You trying to up your post count I get it? Stop trolling.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Since when was swagger a claim to fame?

How many times was "Swagger Like Us" remixed? Why is there a fashion industry? Why do Jay-Z, Russell Simmons, et al. own clothing brands? Why isstreetwear so popular right now?
frown.gif
Sorry, buddy.

Back
Top Bottom