Can I start a sneaker store with...?

^ !!!#@, did you just say 3 pairs in one month?
laugh.gif

Blow it all on strippers and drugs. You don't need a shoe store, thats what footlocker is for

im opening mine next month..good location too. College park, MD. I started on Jan. and finally got almost all my permits. its not as easy as it looks like.. at all.
you gotta drop at least close to a mil for a nike account btw lol

Originally Posted by Hugo

im opening mine next month..good location too. College park, MD. I started on Jan. and finally got almost all my permits. its not as easy as it looks like.. at all.

Props
pimp.gif

Edit: Did you go at this alone, or is this a group thing?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Keif Sweat

I swear this isn't meant to be a jab, but if you have to ask NT, then its a bad idea.

Why? A lot of business owners including sneaker boutiques owners are on NT.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Opening up a store its the easy party, getting accounts is where you're going to roads blocks.
yup, this is always what i've understood. Gotta go through Hell and back, I still think it would be cool to open up a boutique with a couple of friends though. Maybe someday.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Props
pimp.gif

Edit: Did you go at this alone, or is this a group thing?
thanks. its only me and the wifey. She got more brains than me
30t6p3b.gif
50 50 on everything

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Opening up a store its the easy party, getting accounts is where you're going to roads blocks.
yup, this is always what i've understood. Gotta go through Hell and back, I still think it would be cool to open up a boutique with a couple of friends though. Maybe someday.
Supposedly getting a Nike account is pretty difficult. I know I had dreams of opening up a Nike store, but if I ever did I wanted my !*#$ to be of the best Tier Nike has available
laugh.gif
and getting to that point is another challenge you'd have to go through even after you get a Nike account.

What I would do is build on that 50k with a good investment. Then I would do some research on what It would take to run a successful shoe/boutique store financially. After you pull your figures in for what it takes, build up your return on your investment until you hit that goal. Now you still got the 50k you started with plus the amount you now have to run your store successfully.

If there is anyone to ask, I'd ask this guy. 
BTW Ty, is $50k even enough? That seems like it's barely enough to actually lease and open a brick and mortar store before you can even buy products to sell. 

Leaders was opened in 2003 with $10,000. Relationships with clothing lines and their reps is what made it work. Not saying school is a bad thing but its not really what you know that keeps you in business, it's who you know.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Supposedly getting a Nike account is pretty difficult. I know I had dreams of opening up a Nike store, but if I ever did I wanted my !*#$ to be of the best Tier Nike has available
laugh.gif
and getting to that point is another challenge you'd have to go through even after you get a Nike account.
you have to complete a packet as well. and they ask for pictures of the store inside and out. 3 main brands you carry and some other ****
30t6p3b.gif

in theory, you just need a store and sneakers (you can get them anywhere, outlets, ebay, subwholesale from other stores)

and in "theory" if Nike sees you have a buzz they'll contact you for an account in 2-3 years where you can find investors at that point.

I've seen a store do this and have Nike contact them within 1 year.
and obviously there are other brands.

edit.

most important thing is to NOT carry too much clothing, NOBODY buys streetwear like that anymore.

stores are going out of business trying to catch up to the streetwear craze of years ago 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

in theory, you just need a store and sneakers (you can get them anywhere, outlets, ebay, subwholesale from other stores)

and in "theory" if Nike sees you have a buzz they'll contact you for an account in 2-3 years where you can find investors at that point.

edit.

most important thing is to NOT carry too much clothing, NOBODY buys streetwear like that anymore.

stores are going out of business trying to catch up to the streetwear craze of years ago 
laugh.gif
this guy knows lol. im leasing my spot for cheap. small spot but under 1k a month everything included..dont sound bad at all.

Leaders was opened in 2003 with $10,000. Relationships with clothing lines and their reps is what made it work. Not saying school is a bad thing but its not really what you know that keeps you in business, it's who you know.

edit.

laugh.gif

Interesting but I can't imagine making too much profit from opening a store to re-sell shoes from the outlets and/or ebay. And how much cheaper is a subwholesale price from other stores? I'd imagine those are shoes that doesn't sell that well or else they'd sell it themselves? 

This goes for almost any business/work. Sometimes, no matter how smart you are, you really won't succeed unless you know the right people. So that is a good advice right there.

Originally Posted by RFX45

edit.

laugh.gif

Interesting but I can't imagine making too much profit from opening a store to re-sell shoes from the outlets and/or ebay. And how much cheaper is a subwholesale price from other stores? I'd imagine those are shoes that doesn't sell that well or else they'd sell it themselves? 
consignments help a bit, shoe pages from your area on FB help too(buying shoes from kids for cheap lol) getting in contact with a connect's connect.

Stop trying to sell what you like and sell something that will actually make money.

I'm around that area, Silver Spring/Wheaton as a matter of fact. What is your place called? I'll def hit it up. 

Back
Top Bottom