Can Michael Jordan help stop the violence caused by fighting over his shoes?

these stampedes, deaths, muggings etc. only occur in urban/lower class areas. do the math.

Last edited:
Pre-Orders are the only idea I've ever heard proposed that would make any sense...

As far as the topic at hand is concerned...Old video but very much in relation to the thread...

Whether Tinker is speaking on behalf of Nike or just himself I don't know but I do think this can kind of reflects Nikes position on the problem...It's the peoples fault for acting in that manner...This to me clearly shows what I outlined earlier that Nike hasn't, and presumably won't, ever do anything proactive to curb this problem since they very clearly don't perceive it as being their problem...As I wrote out before their response to this has been one of reaction rather than one of preventive action...

Does the pre-order idea sound like a solid solution? Sure does...Nike won't use it though...Like I said in my first post, they fell into this business model back around the turn of the century and it's done nothing but increase profits over the past decade+...No reason for any of us to believe that they will willing change their operations at this point...

Again Nike acts in a reactive manner and not a preventive one...It took a few users on a message board a grand total 75 posts to come up with a legitimate solution (Pre-Orders) but Nike couldn't have figured something like this out over the course of several years?...

To go back to the original topic of the thread...Nobody, Michael Jordan, or anybody else for that matter, could make Nike change their approach to the problem since they obviously don't perceive it to be their problem at all...

agreed. it's a good idea, but they won't do it. their short sighted outlook is scared to lose any hype.

things might change when all the shoe hoarders grow up and start trying to offload their pairs. eventually the market will flood and prices and demand will drop. by then, it might be a bit late for jb to do anything.

Last edited:
Allow preordering of shoes.

Hand out more accounts (sports authority, department stores, etc.) like it was before. Spread out the pairs over the city.

Daaam!.. Sad that these weak *** grown men acting like fools. I mean look at all the history on Violence of these Air Jordan releases

and wut do we see? THE SAME FOOLS CAUSING THIS DRAMA BUT JUST IN DIFFERENT STATES AND CITIES EVERY RELEASE.

A! "Take it Easy HuH"

1. I've never seen that video (or any of the fight vids)

2. IMO, why ask a panel of people about a subject who are completely n utterly uneducated. What a complete waste of time and completely irresponsible. They didn't even address the seriousness of the issue and the growing problem with these stupid releases.

Honestly, I've mentioned in previous posts that I was being forced into retirement. But now, I'm even more disgusted in even contributing or buying Jordan sneakers.

Some may think I'm overreacting but it is my opinion. And I honestly won't buy another jordan or overly hyped release. I know Nike is the head of the snake but I do like nike's quality on all their stuff. From tops to regular walking (ie roshes and free).

No kidding, this makes me a sad. How can we treat other people that way?!? Especially seein that skinny guy just getting pounded.

agreed. it's a good idea, but they won't do it. their short sighted outlook is scared to lose any hype.

things might change when all the shoe hoarders grow up and start trying to offload their pairs. eventually the market will flood and prices and demand will drop. by then, it might be a bit late for jb to do anything.
Nah. Because they will always be a younger generation. Even if it isnt for Jordans it will be for something else. If you were around over the past two decades you never thought Air Force 1s or SB Dunks would get out of style. Nike learned the effects of flooding the market after AF1s and Jordan 1s lost its popularity. Flooding the market will stop the violence and lessen their sales but, as a businessman(okay an accountant), I dont see why a company should change a profitable marketing scheme over this idiocity. Like Tink said it is not Nike. The marketing and design teams are doing their jobs. It's people acting a fool like that over kicks. And that is a societal issue.

4 miltf's talking about jordan releases

Damn. I passed on these to go for the Bred 1s (which I missed). Didnt know it got that bad. Looks like the concords mess.

but at the same time who cares what they think. The SAME people who look down on sneaker violence act the same way during Black Friday.

Last edited:
In all honesty a better solution will be to stop leaking pics and punishing the moles who do. I was able to come up on two HS releases because the first pics of the shoes were taken the day of the release. Managers of the stores didnt even know they were receiving them (Wimbledon and Australian Open Air Tech Challenge IIs). I still haven't found beauty shots of the Australian Opens on the internet. Only pics of the AUS Opens are from those who bought it. QSs were done in a similar fashion back in the day. Randomly dropping pairs with little quantity or higher demand would be an effective strategy for combating violence the day of release because of lack of hype. And if Nike could pull that off with the shoes that share the same soles as the Yeezy IIs *hypebeast voice* they can definitely do it with any other shoe.

Or they can also do what SB does and stop with the actual release date for most shoes. Some stores get SBs earlier/later than other stores. You know the general release period of a shoe, not the actual release date. For example "check your local retailer for the shoe around the beginning/middle/end of x month". Also don't ship to all stores at the same time and don't ship every store 100% of it's allocations at once for larger releases. For Js, the release period will have to be larger than the ones for SBs.

That way Nike keeps its limited marketing and releases are much safer.

Last edited:
Nah. Because they will always be a younger generation. Even if it isnt for Jordans it will be for something else. If you were around over the past two decades you never thought Air Force 1s or SB Dunks would get out of style. Nike learned the effects of flooding the market after AF1s and Jordan 1s lost its popularity. Flooding the market will stop the violence and lessen their sales but, as a businessman(okay an accountant), I dont see why a company should change a profitable marketing scheme over this idiocity. Like Tink said it is not Nike. The marketing and design teams are doing their jobs. It's people acting a fool like that over kicks. And that is a societal issue.
Damn. I passed on these to go for the Bred 1s (which I missed). Didnt know it got that bad. Looks like the concords mess.

but at the same time who cares what they think. The SAME people who look down on sneaker violence act the same way during Black Friday.

couldn't agree more with the last sentence. Black Friday melees are just as bad sometimes worst

Back
Top Bottom