Can ONE PERSON (or a few people) Change the Resell Market in your city?

If you had enough data to get 75% of the shoe store managers and their assistants from numerous stores fired for reselling out the store and no one would ever know you did it would you do?

• Yes. I'm tired of paying resell. Something like this could be epic and make these companies revert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I'm not a snitch but i'm a reseller, and with these guys charging I have to charge more to my c

• NO. I will let things alone, eventually they will get caught, I don't want people losing their jobs

• NO. Just not in my character to snitch.

• Maybe. If I know I would never be revealed and it will possibly change the game for resellers and c

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't  post much, and I have touched on this topic a few times....but I thought no better place to vent than here.  I'm all of the above: collector, reseller, sneakerhead, consumer, ebay seller and I have a small following and I help those in my circle out, trade, buy and sell kicks.  

Over the past year and a half I have been carefully watching and analyzing the sneaker resell market in my city (and I live in a huge major city in top 5 in the US in terms of population).  What I have found is that there are very few major resellers (those getting 6 pair or more of not just general releases) about 6 or less. Almost all the major reselling is being done at the store manager and assistant store management level.  This spans across managers at Champs, Footlocker, Footaction, and even City Gear.  I have a small customer base, some athletes, some guys that work offshore, some guys that travel who can not stand in line to get shoes so they pay me to take car of them.

I have been a part of the circle, but the greed of these managers has me at my wits end.  I have even vented to other major resellers in the city who feel the same way.  What was once a small tip of 15-25 dollars has turned into flat out rape 60-75 dollars per shoe with talks of 100+ for holiday releases.  There is no way a manager who has not invested a single penny in a shoe has the right to make anything.  

I can't be fired or banned or personally affected in anyway because buying shoes for me and my boys doesn't change a thing.  I never knock another man's hustle but greed is the source of everyone's downfall.  I'm growing tired, knowing I can not get the shoes for retail because I know how these guys operate, knowing you have to pay to play. FCFS, raffles, guaranteed pairs its all rigged.   You can say I made part of the problem, and yes I take ownership in my part but with Christmas coming i will not let them dictate what goes on.  

I'd rather the companies implement an online raffle system so its fair for everyone than let them dictate and cash in and run the game.  I refuse to compete and line pockets of store managers who don't have ownership of anything, who aren't spending a dime making 100% profit on no investment at all and then trying to charge out the a--.  I have the ace card.  Me and my boys have enough data to get easily 10 or more managers fired for reselling out the store.  What would You do?

Last edited:
Same thing here and I live in poorville USA.
There's a lot to think about.
TBH you won't change anything.
You could inflict Karma but that's not your job.
$100? Last years fear pack started that for me.
I used to buy in a group, but I too got sick of paying managers.
Today that group contiunes on without me and my little bros $, There are stupid people everywhere.
I'll leave you with: I don't pay anyone except Nike,Eastbay,FNL, etc. Directly.
In the end, it's up to you, if and how you change a few lives.

there are always legit ways to purchase shoes at retail and some shady spots. as shady as a store is if its fcfs and you are first in line and walk away without a shoe that's really on you.

You're mad that they're profiting more than you and now you want them fired.
You sound like a broad trying to take away their income over some sneakers.

there are always legit ways to purchase shoes at retail and some shady spots. as shady as a store is if its fcfs and you are first in line and walk away without a shoe that's really on you.
If the shoe is limited expect a rigged raffle.  I know because ive been the dude paying the managers.  It's easier said than done.  It is so bad nike stripped there account from to local shoe spots for selling early and selling way over msrp.  But the problem is the footlocker family of stores footlocker, footaction and champs.  

For the ferrari release I know some spots that guys were first in line for guaranteed tickets and biggest sz they could get is 10.5!!  Other spots did rigged raffles and sold all the pairs under the table.  When I say in between 20-25 of these stores 18-20 are doing this im not joking.

You're mad that they're profiting more than you and now you want them fired.
You sound like a broad trying to take away their income over some sneakers.
Im not mad at no one..... where do you think their profit comes from? This is real life bro.  You got guys investing 1,000s of dollars on shoes to resell and managers investing nothing reaping the benefits.  Not to mention what they are doing is against company policy, unethical etc.  

Im not taking away their income... their taking from mine... its getting cut throat in the resell game, and im just taking care of my peeps not reselling on a huge scale.  

If you get fired for stealing is it the guys fault that saw you stealing and snitched on you? No i don't think so.  

no 

because generally speaking resale is not different city to city

the internet dictates it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom