Can some 1 tell me why their wasnt no hype on these? it was an OG color way and its my 1 holy grail.

a20791c126dfd1107a71ba_m.jpg

it was a OG color way back in the day. why no love?

air-jordan-1-og-metallic-dark-red.jpg

by da time those dropped we were swiming in so many randomly crappy I colorways that those just got lost at sea with da rest of em.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

by da time those dropped we were swiming in so many randomly crappy I colorways that those just got lost at sea with da rest of em.

The retro isn't an OG color. Can't you see the difference? The retro is varsity red and the OG is dark red. Almost maroon in appearance.

I always like the Metallic Reds, but didnt like the tumbled leather on the retros. I also hate how much the 1 has gained a banana shaped appearance over the years.

I have the Reds, Green and purple. The issue was the fact that JB retro'd the ones 50000000 times that year and the year before. That ruined it for most people. I hope the retro the other ones

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Well said.  Plus does anyone any know if MJ actually wore these? 

From what I remember these did pretty well. There wasn't much hype at first but it picked up after the retro vs OG comparison picks were posted. These, Metallic Green, and the Grand Purple pairs sold pretty well. The Metallic Greens were my favorite of the three.

no hype is good if it a shoe you love. easy cop and no worries. I wish all shoes i liked didnt have hype

I find the beat up OG yellowed midsole one so much more appealing for some reason haha.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

I find the beat up OG yellowed midsole one so much more appealing for some reason haha.

Natural aging is SO much better than that yellow crap they put on the AJKO's 
sick.gif

These had the OG-style hang tag with them too. Could have been had the outlet and I do kind of regret it now...

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

no hype is good if it a shoe you love. easy cop and no worries. I wish all shoes i liked didnt have hype

right, If my holy grail went under the radar I wouldn't be posting a topic on NT about it.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

right, If my holy grail went under the radar I wouldn't be posting a topic on NT about it.
i already copped them,

so i was wondering on some input,

go ahead and steal my holy grail i got one next to me
devil.gif

These were super stiff. They're in my closet somewhere. JB puts out so many retros in a short amount of time it's so easy to forget about certain releases.

Back
Top Bottom