Can We Do Away With Walmart?

I figured most people of a certain age knew how and when to shop in store...regardless if you're a regular or not. i.e... checking out in electronics, sporting goods etc

Battery section is typically at the front near the registers...if not pulling up the website on your tells you which isle they're on.

Keeping rechargeable and alkaline batteries on deck so you don't get caught slipping >*

I don’t go to Walmart. It’s not hard to avoid here seeing as we are the target headquarters and plenty of Costco too.

Is there only like one place to go in your town? I personally use Amazon Fresh/Whole Foods but 1-2x a month I go on runs with my mom to help her with all the heavy stuff. Usually it includes Walmart (there’s a Target around the corner but idk preferences? :lol: ) and Sam’s Club (same as Costco).

I guess I don’t have a good comparison point but I feel like whether we go on a weekday or weekend (usually around 11-2) that Walmart lines are consistently quick. All self-checkout with no real waiting to get one. Looks kind of like what @eracism posted. Store is kind of always a bit crowded due to the aisles being so damn small but it’s still manageable.

Sam’s Club is like the got damb Wild Wild West doe :sick: Gotta be cautious as hell in there not to run into something else. Pretty much all self checkout there which isn’t problematic for me but I can’t say the same for all customers. You just need to pick your line carefully based on data analytics and hope for the best :lol: I don’t understand how folks don’t put stuff in their cart in and orderly fashion with the bar code facing up so they can zoom through the scanning :smh:
Wife and i were in there Saturday. Turned all our barcodes up, explained to the lady what we did and she still tore the cart apart. Flipping stuff looking for the bar code. They seem to get it at Costco though.

NTer’s not rich anymore? I thought the new wave was getting groceries delivered.
This is the way. When Walmart stopped being 24 hrs during covid I stopped going. Farmers markets, Food Lion deliveries, Amazon, BJs.

I'll stick to HEB when possible. The ones here are always fully staffed and I think they start at pretty decent wages. If they can pay people decent money and be fully staffed, there should be no excuses for 3 cashiers at Wal-Mart if I'm lucky.

HEB is beautiful man.

Nice and clean, great selection, samples always fye, good customer service, and depending on the location you hit you can generally see some fine *** females

Last edited:
NTer’s not rich anymore? I thought the new wave was getting groceries delivered.

Getting groceries delivered is the wave. I would have just kept using UberEats had it never really popped off. I much prefer Fresh/Whole Foods to Instacart or something for whatever reason, though.

Wife and i were in there Saturday. Turned all our barcodes up, explained to the lady what we did and she still tore the cart apart. Flipping stuff looking for the bar code. They seem to get it at Costco though.

That’s a damn shame :smh: Spot I usually take her has almost exclusively has self check out it feels like. Everywhere I’ve been to that is a grocery or convenience store feels that way tbh.

Do away with Wal-MArts? Nah for what.

I will use my hypocrisy points on something easier to avoid.

You know #NTOverreactions . One minor inconvenience then they want to cancel the largest retailer in the world :rolleyes

I understand it’s convince.

But it’s not convenient!

Went there in a pinch today for a battery for a car fob.

No help anywhere, self checkout was like 50 deep!

All 36 customer lanes were closed.

It’s been a while since I’ve been in one but it’s worse then I remember.

How are we letting them get away with this?

Which size battery did you need? A 2032 or a 2025? You should have just gone to either a dollar tree or a local hardware shop. I've gotten my 2032 button batteries for our digital food scale at an Ace Hardware literally 4 minutes from home. And it's a 9-pack for less than $3!

Tip for next time. 👍

Which size battery did you need? A 2032 or a 2025? You should have just gone to either a dollar tree or a local hardware shop. I've gotten my 2032 button batteries for our digital food scale at an Ace Hardware literally 4 minutes from home. And it's a 9-pack for less than $3!

Tip for next time. 👍

Not the point of my post at all but thanks.

Battery talk really got you amped 🤣

2032 btw.

I just went to Advanced Auto.

Only places worse than Walmart are Ocean State Job Lot and Building 19

Not the point of my post at all but thanks.

Battery talk really got you amped 🤣

2032 btw.

I just went to Advanced Auto.

Amped? 🤷 Hardly, lol I'm not the one who started a thread complaining about Walmart because you went there for a battery purchase & the lines were long 😂

For that small purchase, Walmart is the last store on my mind.

Glad you found one elsewhere. 👍

Last edited:
Enter through the garden or auto center.

Check out through the garden or auto center.

Exit through the garden or auto center

Lastly, find you a good booster who’s good with their conceal game. Get $200 worth of stuff for $75 😂😂🤣🤣

That receipt checking crap at the door irks the hell out of me at Walmart. And the fact that people actually comply with it, especially during the holiday season to where I look like I’m the crazy one for strolling by a line of people waiting to get their receipts checked and just walking out with my stuff I paid for is wild. They aren’t Costco.

Like if you willfully refuse to pay or have cashiers on all those empty registers. You gotta give me the benefit of the doubt when using self checkout for a situation Walmart caused. I prefer to just avoid them completely though since Target is closer to me anyway.

Target is just as trash as Walmart, just with better PR. They're all smoke and mirrors.

Literally one check out person in the one I go to usually, and it's often 2 or 3 people standing around up front yelling at somebody to come up from another department to do it.

Back
Top Bottom