Can We Do It?? Our Own Lil Music Discussion Thread...

God bless J.B.
smokin.gif

Was watchin' this movie earlier....Gangsta Shhh..

Yeah they actually got the chance to work with him before he died...The whole Mack soundtrack is one of the foundations of southern Hip Hop sound samplingwise..Now if I can find The movie soundtrack I'll be a happy man...

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

Yeah they actually got the chance to work with him before he died...The whole Mack soundtrack is one of the foundations of southern Hip Hop sound sampling wise..Now if I can find The movie soundtrack I'll be a happy man...
It's in print on CD...or are you trying to track down a vinyl version?

Good lookin' homie! I'm want the CD..I tryin' to hiest my grandmother for all of her & my grandfathers vinlys...circa late 60's- late70's music...with a couple of Redd Foxx And Richard Pryor Comedy albums in the collection...

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

Good lookin' homie! I'm want the CD..I tryin' to hiest my grandmother for all of her & my grandfathers vinlys...circa late 60's- late 70's music...with a couple of Redd Foxx And Richard Pryor Comedy albums in the collection...
Yeah just reference Willie Hutch as the artist as opposed to looking for it as if it were a soundtrack and you should be straight (I mean I knowit's music from the movie but it seems to be listed in his name).
And if they have any James Brown, Rudy Ray Moore or Blowfly on vinyl hook me up!
pimp.gif

I actually have "The Mack" soundtrack on tape and vinyl. It's listed under Willie Hutch.

Also, Hunter, I got them Richard Pryor, Blowfly, WildMan Steve and Rudy Ray Moore's on Vinyl as well. I used to use alot of the excerpts on samples.

Holla at ya boy................................

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

I actually have "The Mack" soundtrack on tape and vinyl. It's listed under Willie Hutch.

Also, Hunter, I got them Richard Pryor, Blowfly, WildMan Steve and Rudy Ray Moore's on Vinyl as well. I used to use alot of the excerpts on samples.

Holla at ya boy................................

Yeah I've been slackin and need to get in touch, you still working 28 hour days?
laugh.gif

yall here my dude Beans spaz on the Big Doe Rehab?
Mac is that dude
pimp.gif
...the album is pretty good btw

A little 70's classic rock action, if I could get a singer who could pull off what Ian Gillan did back in the day I'd be set
smokin.gif

��

^Keyboard sounds sooo dope on that. Someone sampled that before. I'd like to work an interpolation of this myself............

Dude should've been rocking a little harder on them drums. Getting his funky drummer on. I'd been battling that damn drum set while my man hollering inthe wind.................

Sans the Aiyooooo vest and scarf combo, though.
laugh.gif

Freeway
Not bad at all, just got it off Itunes the otha day....the song he has with Scarface is
pimp.gif
, dope samples all the way around
Spit that sh*t
Nuttin on me
This cant be real
worth the 9 bucks
nerd.gif

Scarface album is solid would of liked to have got a little better guest spots on there like a track with sigel

well I guess I am going to have to pick up the scarface album.
Does anyone know why T.I. is locked up?

roll.gif

im actually not impressed with Free's album. Def not better then the 1st. the track with 50 was garbage and I had high hopes. Free feat. Face was illthough I agree...
pimp.gif

Scarface album was very solid. played it straight through. Typical Scarface album though. still worth the buy and im sure fans will appreciate it...

Originally Posted by extraDC

Anyone up on Oddisee, Kev Brown, Kenn Starr, Damu or any other DC MC/Producers like that?

Def a big fan of the whole Low Budget Crew and Damu...Just picked up Roddy Rod and Kaimbr's releases on Rukus...they are both available on Amazon.comfor digital download.

Thoughts on DJ Doc Rok's American Zeppelin?

It's been getting mad spins here at the store and in my opinion, is better than Danger Mouse's Grey Album.

Clipse and Lil Wayne... been brewin up since last year in Complex and then in a new Complex this year..and more recently, Pusha T's video response.DISCUSS. personally, Clipse over Weezy any day and not just cause i'm from 757.

i only think one of the clipse are nice...cant remember which one. the other just sounds like he's trying to hard. i think wayne is the barry bonds of rap* by everything he's on

Back
Top Bottom