Can we please get a proper retro of this Air Max Penny 1?

They'll never match the comfort, fit and quality of the orignal Air Penny 1.

Everything else will always be a lousy knock off.

Originally Posted by swingshot

this is what a lot of people still don't get, even the older heads that have been around for a long time and know how things really are.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

this is what a lot of people still don't get, even the older heads that have been around for a long time and know how things really are.

Let me underscore this, because i've owned OG penny 1s, the 2000 mold and the 2007 version.

Even the semi-fabled circa 2000 version isn't as comfortable as the OGS.

The fit is the same, but the heel bubble just doesn't feel as inflated or responsive.

Nike started putting this shoe under a good ten years ago.

All that said, i'm surprised that only 1/3 of the original colorways have been retroed, but they've retroed the first colorway three times.

if poeple make a big enough ruckus, i think they will get retroed.

But you know what you're gonna get.

Let me underscore this, because i've owned OG penny 1s, the 2000 mold and the 2007 version.

The fit is the same, but the heel bubble just doesn't feel as inflated or responsive.

All that said, i'm surprised that only 1/3 of the original colorways have been retroed, but they've retroed the first colorway three times.

^ I've had the same ones as well and I too am well aware of this. I still want them to be put out though. Agreed newer ones won't feel the same. Damn, thanks for the support for this shoe guys.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

^ I've had the same ones as well and I too am well aware of this. I still want them to be put out though. Agreed newer ones won't feel the same. Damn, thanks for the support for this shoe guys.
eyes.gif
I know how you feel, but I just can't support something that I know won't be as good.....I'd rather just spend the money on a pair of OGs anyways....but yeah I definitely know how you feel, but I know Nike will never go back to how it was, thus why I hardly buy product from them anymore.

^ Yeah. I'm moving towards that myself. Too many shoes getting butchered with hybrids and crazy colorways. Trust me, I tried finding that pair of penny 1's. They are hard to find in my size and of course people are gonna charge an arm and a leg, and by now, the shoe will be yellowed. I need a nice white pair. I just hope that they put them out before the prices of retros get out of hand, which I think it's heading that way.

I mean who wouldn't want the quality of the OG's... I had the OG Orlando's as a youngin, but I wanted the other colors but to have the same shoe in different colorways was not happening.

Mom's bought me the OG Orlando's and that was my first and last "expensive" shoe that I had ever received... from there on out I had to work and buy all the expensive kicks.

I would like to have the OG's with OG quality and comfort, but if I were to get my hands on some OG's they probably wouldn't be wearable.

Bring them on Nike... you guys release so much utter trash and other crappy colorways these will sell good... F what anyone else says.

The Orlando's sold out that was released this year (I know they were limited) and I'm sure if these other 2 OG colorways released like that did they would sell out too... they are long awaited and overdue.

Love these shoes!!!! I still have mine from High School that I ocassionaly wear. This is by far my favorite penny growing up. I would double up on these if they dropped. Hopefully soon...

yea, those whites are official. I really liked the hoops pack which didn't get much love, but oh well. I love them
embarassed.gif

they can rerlease these in bad quality but in close colorways and you'd have to cop or sit there and cry later about how you missed out, i will cop them too because these are a shoe for fashion not for ball and if you want them more comfortable put in double insoles or get some good inserts, shut up and enjoy that our childhood memoreis can be brought back with these beauties!

ElijahDukes wassup? i played high school ball against you man. small world hope all is well

There will never be a proper retro of this shoe. The Big air Unit really made this shoe. That small air unit kills the whole shoe, it may as well be invisible.

the air max pillars have the big air units so maybe we will get some proper retros? or are those pics with the big air units GS or kids or something?

Let's goooo y'all. We need support! Keep responding. They'll do it. Hell, let's find a way to add a gimmick to the shoe to make sure it will be released. Let's make these the Lil' Penny living room party edition with the Seattle Moose
laugh.gif

I was lucky to pick up a dead stock pair of these on the bay. I would definitely pick up another.

Back
Top Bottom