Can you cheat and still be truly attracted to your bf/gf?

That recent embarrassing sexual encounter thread has me thinking, lol.

My last relationship ended when I got caught slippin' with the alcohol and some random broad. In the process of breaking up, my ex concluded that once a man cheats, he is no longer attracted to the woman he is dating, and should instantly end the relationship.

I definitely have an opinion about the matter, but I want to see what some NTers think.

Is it possible for a man to still have feelings for a girl he cheats on? Can he still be just as attracted to her as when he first met her?
Does the same go for women?
Have any NTers got caught/admit their cheating, and went on to continue having a healthy relationship?

share.

That recent embarrassing sexual encounter thread has me thinking, lol.

My last relationship ended when I got caught slippin' with the alcohol and some random broad. In the process of breaking up, my ex concluded that once a man cheats, he is no longer attracted to the woman he is dating, and should instantly end the relationship.

I definitely have an opinion about the matter, but I want to see what some NTers think.

Is it possible for a man to still have feelings for a girl he cheats on? Can he still be just as attracted to her as when he first met her?
Does the same go for women?
Have any NTers got caught/admit their cheating, and went on to continue having a healthy relationship?

share.

yes.

men feel the need to release their seeds. thats pretty much it. maybe some times you just happen to be more attracted to someone else at that right time..

yes.

men feel the need to release their seeds. thats pretty much it. maybe some times you just happen to be more attracted to someone else at that right time..

I'd say so. Especially in cases where the girl you cheated with is less attractive than your girl. I use the hamburger analogy.

When you're living the good life, you get tired of filet mignon every night... sometimes you want a sloppy hamburger.

My last girl friend was fine as can be imo and I say she still is.

I say no.

I personally think if you cheat on your girl it means you obviously don't care about her. If you did you wouldn't cheat.

But this is NT so im sure people will come in and say its just sex of course you can still love your girl and cheat. I don't believe that at all.

I'd say so. Especially in cases where the girl you cheated with is less attractive than your girl. I use the hamburger analogy.

When you're living the good life, you get tired of filet mignon every night... sometimes you want a sloppy hamburger.

My last girl friend was fine as can be imo and I say she still is.

I say no.

I personally think if you cheat on your girl it means you obviously don't care about her. If you did you wouldn't cheat.

But this is NT so im sure people will come in and say its just sex of course you can still love your girl and cheat. I don't believe that at all.

Well yeah you can still be in "love" or attracted to your gf/bf. but your always going to look for the thrill to cheat lol..
but once you cheat your done with that girl/guy. unless they think your love can overpower in which that case is the worst cause then
there will be no trust and without that everything falls apart in cases i have see it in.
remember theres nothing worse than a womens scorn!

Well yeah you can still be in "love" or attracted to your gf/bf. but your always going to look for the thrill to cheat lol..
but once you cheat your done with that girl/guy. unless they think your love can overpower in which that case is the worst cause then
there will be no trust and without that everything falls apart in cases i have see it in.
remember theres nothing worse than a womens scorn!

I definitely think it's different for men and women. I think more often than women, men can still be just as attracted to their girl after cheating because they do it mostly for the release. However, I think the types of things that would lead most women to cheat are on a deeper emotional level. Meaning they do it because they feel a lack of that connection with their significant other, which in turn makes their significant other less attractive to them on a non-physical level.

I definitely think it's different for men and women. I think more often than women, men can still be just as attracted to their girl after cheating because they do it mostly for the release. However, I think the types of things that would lead most women to cheat are on a deeper emotional level. Meaning they do it because they feel a lack of that connection with their significant other, which in turn makes their significant other less attractive to them on a non-physical level.

Here's another question to think about;

If your significant other was to ever cheat, and everything would continue as normal besides that one incident, would you rather them keep the deed to themselves, or would you want them to tell you?

Here's another question to think about;

If your significant other was to ever cheat, and everything would continue as normal besides that one incident, would you rather them keep the deed to themselves, or would you want them to tell you?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I say no.

I have to disagree. You can still love/care for your girl if you cheat on her. It just means you were undisciplined to society's rules of monogamy. Nothing further.

LOL What makes you believe you can't love/care about more than one person? Is the definition of love doesn't restrict it to one person at a time. That is what society tells us love is.

I think cheating on someone doesn't mean you don't love/care about them, it just means you didn't take the love/care you have for them into consideration when you made the selfish decision  of cheating.

At to answer the question, you can find your woman to be the most beautiful woman in the world and still cheat on her. You level of attraction for HER has nothing to do with your level of attraction for others.

I say no.

I have to disagree. You can still love/care for your girl if you cheat on her. It just means you were undisciplined to society's rules of monogamy. Nothing further.

LOL What makes you believe you can't love/care about more than one person? Is the definition of love doesn't restrict it to one person at a time. That is what society tells us love is.

I think cheating on someone doesn't mean you don't love/care about them, it just means you didn't take the love/care you have for them into consideration when you made the selfish decision  of cheating.

At to answer the question, you can find your woman to be the most beautiful woman in the world and still cheat on her. You level of attraction for HER has nothing to do with your level of attraction for others.

Yes. I've known dudes to cheat on their girls with chicks they weren't really attracted to. It was all about the mass. I use to cheat on my ex with girls that weren't worth it. Mess use to make me feel horrible. Eventually I realized no other female could compare to my girl and fell deeper in love with her. By this point she had enough of me and moved on. Funny, as soon as I committed fully to relationship, I began to think she was cheating. In less than a month she had a new dude. She had to be seeing dude for a minute to end our relationship after 6 years.
frown.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Yes. I've known dudes to cheat on their girls with chicks they weren't really attracted to. It was all about the mass. I use to cheat on my ex with girls that weren't worth it. Mess use to make me feel horrible. Eventually I realized no other female could compare to my girl and fell deeper in love with her. By this point she had enough of me and moved on. Funny, as soon as I committed fully to relationship, I began to think she was cheating. In less than a month she had a new dude. She had to be seeing dude for a minute to end our relationship after 6 years.
frown.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I say no.

But if you really loved them why can't you stop and say i know this is wrong and i shouldn't do it.  You obviously at some point in your head care more for your own personal pleasure then the displeasure that the act will cause on your relationship.  This to me shows that you are weak.

I think this is really a personal question.  It depends on how much you let sex run your life.  To me it's not worth throwing away a relationship to just have sex for one night with some random girl.  If i had feelings for that girl i would break it off with my girlfriend to pursue the other women.  But i don't' think cheating is worth it and you woudn't cheat if you really cared for your gf.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I say no.

But if you really loved them why can't you stop and say i know this is wrong and i shouldn't do it.  You obviously at some point in your head care more for your own personal pleasure then the displeasure that the act will cause on your relationship.  This to me shows that you are weak.

I think this is really a personal question.  It depends on how much you let sex run your life.  To me it's not worth throwing away a relationship to just have sex for one night with some random girl.  If i had feelings for that girl i would break it off with my girlfriend to pursue the other women.  But i don't' think cheating is worth it and you woudn't cheat if you really cared for your gf.

One has nothing to do with the other. You can REALLY love the car you own, and still want to drive a rental for a number of reasons.

One has nothing to do with the other. You can REALLY love the car you own, and still want to drive a rental for a number of reasons.

1. You are right, it does show a form of weakness. But again, it says nothing more than the underlined part above. It isn't implying the amount of love you have for someone. Once again, you can truly love someone and make a mistake. It happens. People make conscious mistakes all of the time and it doesn't mean they don't truly love the person they are hurting. It is just saying that FOR THAT MOMENT they are a selfish individual. I want you to really think about that because you seem to want to use cheating as a gauge of how much you love someone.

2. Who says the girl has to be random? Why can't it be a long time "friend." Why can't it be an "ex" who is someone that you have a deep, rich, sexual history with that you would like to revisit. I am assuming your point is with any other girl period, which I can agree with. But random girls aren't the only girls in existence. Again the, "If you really cared" idea isn't what should be said here. If you really respected her maybe. But why can't you really care for someone and make a blatant mistake? I think you are trying connect two dots that aren't on the same sheet of paper.

Back
Top Bottom