Originally Posted by ebayologist

Originally Posted by Weekend Girl

I moved to Toronto. It's alright.

From America?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Any particular reason for the nation change?

laugh.gif

Toronto kinda reminds me of Chicago somewhat, though. Certain areas at least. It's definitely an acquired taste and I appreciate the cultural diversity I didn't know existed here. Scholastic opportunities initially brought me here although I don't think I'm going to stay that much longer
ohwell.gif

College in Canada? Just wondering, what kinda name recognition do you get with that? I would imagine a conversation an interview would go something like "… I went to the University of Toronto (or wherever you go or went)" and the immediate reply would be "You went to Canada to go to college?" followed by a look of skepticism similar to but not quite as bad as someone getting a medical degree from some shady school in the Caribbean.
grin.gif
Wow...
x2
disappointment.jpg

From America?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Toronto kinda reminds me of Chicago somewhat, though. Certain areas at least. It's definitely an acquired taste and I appreciate the cultural diversity I didn't know existed here. Scholastic opportunities initially brought me here although I don't think I'm going to stay that much longer
ohwell.gif

College in Canada? Just wondering, what kinda name recognition do you get with that? I would imagine a conversation an interview would go something like "… I went to the University of Toronto (or wherever you go or went)" and the immediate reply would be "You went to Canada to go to college?" followed by a look of skepticism similar to but not quite as bad as someone getting a medical degree from some shady school in the Caribbean.

LOL, yeah I got offered a full ride and my mother taught Art and Graphic Design at George Brown years ago. I have alot of family here too so that influenced mydecision. What U of T campus did you go to? I'm guessing St. George. UTSC is a few minutes away from me but I assume you went to the one downtown.
Originally Posted by geminifly

Toronto>>anywhere else in Canada

Jane, Eglington, Queen, King, Bloor
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Lawrence Ave.
nerd.gif
shoutouts to Anthony...
laugh.gif

Jane Strip
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

From America?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

LOL, yeah I got offered a full ride and my mother taught Art and Graphic Design at George Brown years ago. I have alot of family here too so that influenced my decision. What U of T campus did you go to? I'm guessing St. George. UTSC is a few minutes away from me but I assume you went to the one downtown.

Huh… What are they teaching you over there?
laugh.gif
When did I say I've been there?
laugh.gif
I've never been there. Just was saying that as an example.

Been to Canada a few times and there is some dope parts. Canadians can party for real and they
seem to love vacationing in the caribbean cuz everytime i vacation they are everywhere! The only
that bothers me about canadians is when they say "eeh" after every sentence but seriously
Canada is pretty ill!

Been to Canada a few times and there is some dope parts. Canadians can party for real and they
seem to love vacationing in the caribbean cuz everytime i vacation they are everywhere! The only
that bothers me about canadians is when they say "eeh" after every sentence but seriously
Canada is pretty ill!

well the university of toronto is ranked like 15th overall in north america so its better than most us schools.

im from vancouver, its the best place on earth in my opinion. (thats ever our lisence plate lol) has been voted the best city in the world i think 3 times. itsalways int he top three with zurich and geneva. And trust me we're not broke up here in vancouver, its the most expensive real estate market in canada, andwest vancouver is the 6th most expensive district in the world. From the mountains to the water to the cleanliness, to the top notch chronic its def. a placeworth visiting. Not so much of a nightlife though just a good place to chill out.

actually there is no nightlife lol

laugh.gif
roll.gif

My bad I wasn't paying attention
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

It's cool. I knew you couldn't have just wanted to go to college in Canada. Just out of the blue. But makes sense now. Btw, Art and Graphic Design
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by supervillain83

Canada is pretty ill!
where you been .. im guessing not manitoba lol!

and ebayologist your closemindedness is disturbing off course theres great schools in Canada, are big four are recognized around the world. Open your eyes.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

and ebayologist your closemindedness is disturbing off course theres great schools in Canada, are big four are recognized around the world. Open your eyes.

I'm just unfamiliar with the place. Take it easy big cat.
laugh.gif
Eeh.
roll.gif

I don't get why you made a thread fronting like you're appreciating Canada, but then every post in here you're making a tongue in cheek comment.I'm Canadian but I really don't even like this place that much, but still, why you so mad homie? Sounds like a Canuck bagged your girl or something,,,,

Americans: you gotta love em and their stereotypes.

Anyhow, Ebayologist, the statistics don't lie. I'm not saying rely on these statistics, but it says a LOT.

http://bwnt.businessweek....livable_cities_worldwide/

What foreign postings are most coveted by expatriate executives? To find out, Mercer Human Resource Consulting, which providesadvice to multinational companies on international assignments, has come up with a global ranking of the world's most livable cities based on 39 keyquality-of-life issues. They include political stability, currency-exchange regulations, political and media censorship, school quality, housing, theenvironment and public safety. Mercer collected the data between September and November of 2006 and considered 215 cities around the globe. Switzerland'smain commercial and cultural center, Zurich, topped the list this year, followed by Geneva, and Vancouver and Vienna, which tied for third. To see how othercities fared, check out this interactive table.

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]ZURICH[/td] [td]Switzerland[/td] [td]108.1[/td] [td]108.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]GENEVA[/td] [td]Switzerland[/td] [td]108.0[/td] [td]108.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]VANCOUVER[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]107.7[/td] [td]107.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]VIENNA[/td] [td]Austria[/td] [td]107.7[/td] [td]107.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]AUCKLAND[/td] [td]New Zealand[/td] [td]107.3[/td] [td]107.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]DUSSELDORF[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]107.3[/td] [td]107.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]FRANKFURT[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]107.1[/td] [td]107.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]MUNICH[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]106.9[/td] [td]106.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]BERN[/td] [td]Switzerland[/td] [td]106.5[/td] [td]106.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]SYDNEY[/td] [td]Australia[/td] [td]106.5[/td] [td]106.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]COPENHAGEN[/td] [td]Denmark[/td] [td]106.2[/td] [td]106.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]WELLINGTON[/td] [td]New Zealand[/td] [td]105.8[/td] [td]105.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]AMSTERDAM[/td] [td]The Netherlands[/td] [td]105.7[/td] [td]105.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]BRUSSELS[/td] [td]Belgium[/td] [td]105.6[/td] [td]105.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]TORONTO[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]105.4[/td] [td]105.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]BERLIN[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]105.2[/td] [td]105.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]MELBOURNE[/td] [td]Australia[/td] [td]105.0[/td] [td]105.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]LUXEMBOURG[/td] [td]Luxembourg[/td] [td]104.8[/td] [td]104.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]OTTAWA[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]104.8[/td] [td]104.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]STOCKHOLM[/td] [td]Sweden[/td] [td]104.7[/td] [td]104.7[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]21[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]PERTH[/td] [td]Australia[/td] [td]104.5[/td] [td]104.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]MONTREAL[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]104.3[/td] [td]104.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]NURNBERG[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]104.2[/td] [td]104.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]CALGARY[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]103.6[/td] [td]103.6[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by sauuceking

I don't get why you made a thread fronting like you're appreciating Canada, but then every post in here you're making a tongue in cheek comment. I'm Canadian but I really don't even like this place that much, but still, why you so mad homie? Sounds like a Canuck bagged your girl or something,,,,

I'm glad someone other than WeekendGirl was able to get the tongue and cheek commentary but seriously my point of this thread was I was pretty cluelessabout the place before NT. Now I'm just marginally clueless about Canada, better off than before. No where did I say I appreciate the place (I've neverbeen there, how would I?) and I wouldn't make tongue and cheek comments if Canadian "bagged my girl".
laugh.gif
I'm not mad at all. Live a littlemy dude.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

I don't get why you made a thread fronting like you're appreciating Canada, but then every post in here you're making a tongue in cheek comment. I'm Canadian but I really don't even like this place that much, but still, why you so mad homie? Sounds like a Canuck bagged your girl or something,,,,

yo you spelled sucking wrong on your Screen Name.

Back
Top Bottom